Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss What's up with all the spam? in the Community Center forums; Anyone know what's up with all the spam in the forums? Or how to stop it?...
    disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

What's up with all the spam?

Anyone know what's up with all the spam in the forums? Or how to stop it?
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: What's up with all the spam?

I can guarantee tiggerguy is all over it. It's not an easy job keeping up with it all, as I've moderated a forum myself in the past. That stuff falls out of the sky in bunches. And bunches. And bunches.

There really isn't a way to stop it, that I know of.

But hey, three cheers for Brian (tiggerguy) and his small band of mods for keeping this board as clean as they do. Because I can guarantee you that far more spam gets puked up on this board than you actually end up seeing.

It's a thankless task being a mod, and they are doing a lot more than just nuking spam.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I can guarantee tiggerguy is all over it. It's not an easy job keeping up with it all, as I've moderated a forum myself in the past. That stuff falls out of the sky in bunches. And bunches. And bunches.

There really isn't a way to stop it, that I know of.

But hey, three cheers for Brian (tiggerguy) and his small band of mods for keeping this board as clean as they do. Because I can guarantee you that far more spam gets puked up on this board than you actually end up seeing.

It's a thankless task being a mod, and they are doing a lot more than just nuking spam.
    he speaketh the truth! I go to the moderators panel when I get up in the morning and when I get home from work. I regularly kill up to 10 at a time. then I check the boards to see what slipped past the built in killer.

thanks for the comment
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

I had no clue! Thank you, Tiggerguy, for all you do and for protecting my favorite forums. :-)
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!