Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 103 of 538 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 8068
Like Tree4885Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Tomorrow we will make the pilgrimage via train into Chicago for the Flower Show at Navy Pier. Should be pretty inside and nippy outside....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Tomorrow we will make the pilgrimage via train into Chicago for the Flower Show at Navy Pier. Should be pretty inside and nippy outside.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Right now there isn't a magic band released yet, so everyone is using the rfid cards or just normal AP and tickets.
    Eventually the bands will trigger different effects, like approaching Mickey and he will say Hi McKayla, you just got off Splash Mountain, did you like it? Or I understand it is your Birthday, Happy Birthday McKayla. Other things too but in theory the band will be superior.

The one thing I read this week that was a tad elitist...Disney Visa holders will have special opportunities with select characters. I'm sorry, I don't agree that Visa holders should be able to greet voiced Donald Duck and other guests that don't have that card, not.
    Yea, I see how all this could get kinda' creepy...
    Mickey: "Howdy Steve! How many Guinness' did you have last night at Rose and Crown? Be honest now, 'cause I'm pretty sure I know! Your Dr. probably wouldn't approve. And, While you're at it, lay off the Dole Whips. Just lookin' out for ya', pal!"
    Me: "WTH?!?!"
    Mickey: "JUST KIDDING, PAL! You're at WDW and your Dr. and accountant (like I have one ) said to LIVE IT UP and spend as much as ya' want!!!"
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Tomorrow we will make the pilgrimage via train into Chicago for the Flower Show at Navy Pier. Should be pretty inside and nippy outside.
    I'm not even gonna' tell ya' what the high temp around these parts is gonna' be tomorrow 'cause I'm tired of hiding...

I'm sure y'all will have a blast anyway!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Back from "vacation" It was interesting trying to please the older generation and the younger generation. I need a vacation now.
    nicholas likes this.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Dinner time for since I really haven't eaten all day.
    nicholas likes this.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

I really like going to Navy Pier in the summer. It's too bad that I haven't been there since I was 5 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    I'm not even gonna' tell ya' what the high temp around these parts is gonna' be tomorrow 'cause I'm tired of hiding...
    hmpf, I can imagine me saying STIFLE

I'm sure y'all will have a blast anyway!
    We did. And I came home with Garrett Chicago Blend Popcorn. I'll have a Fun Friday later. Slurp.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Back from "vacation" It was interesting trying to please the older generation and the younger generation. I need a vacation now.
    Twice a year we have a 3 generation girls weekends at my DDs University, know exactly what you are saying. Actually in a few weeks it will be my turn. Car pilgrimages are a real treat.

Did you have the deep, inner desire every once in a while to let out one of those primeval screams?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I really like going to Navy Pier in the summer. It's too bad that I haven't been there since I was 5 or so.
    It is fun during summer. Very different than this time of the year. Your folks like to travel and the high end hotels are cheap on weekends during the summer, it is also so close to Millenium Park and the Lincoln Park Zoo. All three on one bus pass for the day. Ohh Ohh and the Science and Industry! Book it Danno!
    nicholas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Dinner time for since I really haven't eaten all day.
    I had two REAL Chicago Style hotdogs today. Still waiting for Dinner as DH is still at work. Thinking he should pick up some Wendy's.
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Phew! I managed to make DS spring break a fun time. No kids to play with where we live and he so I just knew it would not be fun for both of us sitting around, so my answer is to go, go, go, otherwise it can be trying.

Three days of Disney World and the third day, yesterday, after dreadful Legoland. I just can't help it I don't get that magic feeling. Not that I do at Busch Gardens, but the rides compensate, but hey, I'm an adult, so that part, but only part of the problem. Legoland needs to learn how to hide things public should not see.

Okay, RFID. It's interesting I asked at Hollywood Studios and at Disney's Interactive Theme Park and was told a standard spiel about this option for passholders. Now the interesting part was at Epcot. We walked to the gate and they because the magic gold balls were there instead of ticket ques they sent me forward to two men holding a hand held scanner. They scanned our passes and without solicitation advised me I would be receiving notice within the next month or two to return my passes to be exchanged for NEW passes.

Now yesterday when entering MK, the CM manning one of the golden balls asked me how many were in my party. Huh? what? So then he directs me to another CM supervisor looking man behind him with a handheld scanner and as I walk away he tells me "next time use the ticket que where your suppose to be". So the man with the handheld then scans my passes and then asks me to display my ID. He then asks me where is the rest of my party. Uh hello, you just scanned my son's pass. What the heck.

I spoke to soon, a facade now covers the shop next to the Hotdog place on MS.

My son found an interesting interactive que at Thunder Mountain, that must have been added during rehab, and its hidden at the ride exit that abuts the wheelchair access on the side. Bad place, because it caused people in wheelchairs to have to say excuse me. Anyways, there's this handle that you crank and the gauge moves as you crank until its indicates fully charged, and then next to the crank is a T handle you push down to explode the dynamite at the bottom of the mountain and smoke comes out and the kids get a thrill. Ashamed, its poorly placed for several reasons.

For the first time we visited Monster Laugh In whatever its called. It was actually funny, but I was mortified that they uses members of the audience for their shtick, thankfully I didn't get caught up.

A CM at the HM was very rude to two guests in the chamber que. whatever.

Hidden Mickey is back on the ballroom table.

Question, is it only me and my son, and he brought it up again, does anyone remember the smell of roses/flowers when you approached the HM about even with Yankee Trader. The smell is gone, and I swear we always smelled this no matter what time of the year or day.

i-neighborhood Guest

Star Tours is always fun, I heard some others comment how much better it is than the original, I don't know, but the 3D is great as is the over all experience. We were fortunate that it was a different trip, I understand there are 50 or so different experiences.

We didn't get to ride Test Track, my son refuses, I guess because of our horrible accident the year before.

Soarin was as expected so awesome. I just wish they would fix the lines in the screen that are visible at moments and the other flaws, not to mention it would be nice if they would make our Soarin special or different.

I'm not gonna go over the whole New Fantasyland and Tomorrowland grievances, accept to say, is this all they got. So not Walt in my opinion.

And Rapunzels bathrooms, nice table areas, and bathrooms but that whole tower takes away from the HM side and interrupts that but hey whatever.

I looked into passes for UO but they want a ridic down payment for two premium passes, so I'll take a pass, seriously, not gonna happen.

Splash Mountain was still down but last I read 17th was opener, but thought they might do soft opening, but they may be this weekend. Disney's site doesn't show you at a glance which rides are down, you have to go and view each individual ride in order to find out if its closed.
    nicholas likes this.

Happy you and your son had a great Spring Break!

A year ago today it was 82 degrees.

It is currently 31 degrees.
    nicholas likes this.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Howdy all!! Honeymoon plans are changing yet again....... we actually cancelled our wdw itinerary and got our money back, and we are putting it into a new plan to DL in Anaheim! Or at least we are considering it. She wants to go see the other park, and I havent been there since 2006. We can get everything, including flight, for around 3 grand or so
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......