Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 104 of 528 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 7913
Like Tree4843Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe It is fun during summer. Very different than this time of the year. Your folks like to travel and the high end hotels are cheap on ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It is fun during summer. Very different than this time of the year. Your folks like to travel and the high end hotels are cheap on weekends during the summer, it is also so close to Millenium Park and the Lincoln Park Zoo. All three on one bus pass for the day. Ohh Ohh and the Science and Industry! Book it Danno!
    I just went to Lincoln Park Zoo this past summer, that was really good.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

A year ago today it was 82 degrees.

It is currently 31 degrees.
    Same kind of thing here too.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Howdy all!! Honeymoon plans are changing yet again....... we actually cancelled our wdw itinerary and got our money back, and we are putting it into a new plan to DL in Anaheim! Or at least we are considering it. She wants to go see the other park, and I havent been there since 2006. We can get everything, including flight, for around 3 grand or so
    I just went to DL in SETP for my 1st time, and it was really fun! I would like to go back someday...

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Does DL have a halloween party?
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Does DL have a halloween party?
    Yes.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Howdy all!! Honeymoon plans are changing yet again....... we actually cancelled our wdw itinerary and got our money back, and we are putting it into a new plan to DL in Anaheim! Or at least we are considering it. She wants to go see the other park, and I havent been there since 2006. We can get everything, including flight, for around 3 grand or so
    I'm beginning to think you guys are loving planning the Honeymoon so much, you just keep a plann'in!
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I went to the Adelaide Oz Comic Con yesterday Name:  DSC01486.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  60.8 KB
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I went to the Adelaide Oz Comic Con yesterday Name:  DSC01486.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  60.8 KB
    I keep telling them TO KEEP THE AIR LOCK DOOR SHUT!
    i-neighborhood likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Attachment 5346
    Titanic tribute float at the Rough Rider's St. Patrick's Day Parade in Ybor City, Tampa
    I got a boat load of beads or as some say "Jerry Beads"
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

Dying the Chicago River Green! Woot!

So much freak'n fun!
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood;1033034

Okay, RFID. It's interesting I asked at Hollywood Studios and at Disney's Interactive Theme Park and was told a standard spiel about this option for passholders. Now the interesting part was at Epcot. We walked to the gate and they because the magic gold balls were there instead of ticket ques they sent me forward to two men holding a hand held scanner. They scanned our passes and without solicitation advised me I would be receiving notice within the next month or two to return my passes to be exchanged for NEW passes.

Within the week the Odyssey at Epcot is opening up to convert your AP to RFID APs cards. Bands to come later as bands will sooner or later come online. You will need photo ID's to convert.

Now yesterday when entering MK, the CM manning one of the golden balls asked me how many were in my party. Huh? what? So then he directs me to another CM supervisor looking man behind him with a handheld scanner and as I walk away he tells me "next time use the ticket que where your suppose to be". So the man with the handheld then scans my passes and then asks me to display my ID. He then asks me where is the rest of my party. Uh hello, you just scanned my son's pass. What the heck.

All I can say is don't blame the front line CMs. This isn't going well for anyone and the front line CMs are catching all the blame for the lack of planning. Unfortunate.

I spoke to soon, a facade now covers the shop next to the Hotdog place on MS.
    Interesting, Caseys was under skims not long ago.

My son found an interesting interactive que at Thunder Mountain, that must have been added during rehab, and its hidden at the ride exit that abuts the wheelchair access on the side.

The queue just came online this month for Thunder Mountain.

For the first time we visited Monster Laugh In whatever its called. It was actually funny, but I was mortified that they uses members of the audience for their shtick, thankfully I didn't get caught up.
    My DS who was doing a college program in Disney in 2007-2008 actually arranaged for my DD to be the subject of Laugh on her 16th Birthday. DS and I had a blast with it, so much fun for us, not so much for her. When I was down there last the 2 Brazilian Tour Groups hijacked the whole show and threw the shows balance totally off balance, the Brazilians had their own little fun all the while ruining it for everyone else which seemed to bring them great joy. Different Strokes.

Question, is it only me and my son, and he brought it up again, does anyone remember the smell of roses/flowers when you approached the HM about even with Yankee Trader. The smell is gone, and I swear we always smelled this no matter what time of the year or day.

Yep, the Roses disappeared with the Tangled Potties. Joy Joy.

i-neighborhood Guest

Dying the Chicago River Green! Woot!

So much freak'n fun!
    They did that here too. Did you wear green today.
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post

I looked into passes for UO but they want a ridic down payment for two premium passes, so I'll take a pass, seriously, not gonna happen.
    I'd suggest the off season multi day passes for Florida residents in off seasons. It be more pleasant that way anyhow. I'd wait till fall as several new things will come online by then. And then do the same thing in 2014 when the two parks will explode with new attractions.

i-neighborhood Guest

HauntedGabe
    Did you see my comment about Epcot advising me when I entered the park I would be receiving an email in the next month or 2 with instructions to exchange our passes for the new rfid whatever there going to give us.

The correct info is not filtering down to the front line CMs. Everytime they turn around another change has occurred.

Starting on March 20th till May 19th, at the Odyssey there will be an Annual Pass exchange for RFID APs. You must have a Photo ID. Meanwhile your original APs will still work the previous way.

I wouldn't get your shorts into a knot over the RFID, chock it upto Disney not having its act together, don't see that ending anytime soon.