Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 105 of 547 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 8192
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe i-neighborhood;1033034 Okay, RFID. It's interesting I asked at Hollywood Studios and at Disney's Interactive Theme Park and was told a standard spiel about this option for ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    i-neighborhood;1033034

Okay, RFID. It's interesting I asked at Hollywood Studios and at Disney's Interactive Theme Park and was told a standard spiel about this option for passholders. Now the interesting part was at Epcot. We walked to the gate and they because the magic gold balls were there instead of ticket ques they sent me forward to two men holding a hand held scanner. They scanned our passes and without solicitation advised me I would be receiving notice within the next month or two to return my passes to be exchanged for NEW passes.

Within the week the Odyssey at Epcot is opening up to convert your AP to RFID APs cards. Bands to come later as bands will sooner or later come online. You will need photo ID's to convert.

Interesting. Yeah I was shocked because no one else said anything. Should be cool.

Now yesterday when entering MK, the CM manning one of the golden balls asked me how many were in my party. Huh? what? So then he directs me to another CM supervisor looking man behind him with a handheld scanner and as I walk away he tells me "next time use the ticket que where your suppose to be". So the man with the handheld then scans my passes and then asks me to display my ID. He then asks me where is the rest of my party. Uh hello, you just scanned my son's pass. What the heck.

All I can say is don't blame the front line CMs. This isn't going well for anyone and the front line CMs are catching all the blame for the lack of planning. Unfortunate.

True, I can see your point they have basically been told to hit the pavement running.

I spoke to soon, a facade now covers the shop next to the Hotdog place on MS.
    Interesting, Caseys was under skims not long ago.
    Yeah, It is the shop next to it I was surprised because it was nice to see MS without a facade.

My son found an interesting interactive que at Thunder Mountain, that must have been added during rehab, and its hidden at the ride exit that abuts the wheelchair access on the side.

The queue just came online this month for Thunder Mountain.
    My son loves it!!! Right up his alley.

For the first time we visited Monster Laugh In whatever its called. It was actually funny, but I was mortified that they uses members of the audience for their shtick, thankfully I didn't get caught up.
    My DS who was doing a college program in Disney in 2007-2008 actually arranaged for my DD to be the subject of Laugh on her 16th Birthday. DS and I had a blast with it, so much fun for us, not so much for her. When I was down there last the 2 Brazilian Tour Groups hijacked the whole show and threw the shows balance totally off balance, the Brazilians had their own little fun all the while ruining it for everyone else which seemed to bring them great joy. Different Strokes.
    Thats ashamed but its true some people find different things funny not considering other.

Question, is it only me and my son, and he brought it up again, does anyone remember the smell of roses/flowers when you approached the HM about even with Yankee Trader. The smell is gone, and I swear we always smelled this no matter what time of the year or day.

Yep, the Roses disappeared with the Tangled Potties. Joy Joy.

Are you saying there were actually roses there. I'm trying to remember, but so anyways we weren't imagining the smell. Why would they do that. That added to the experience approaching the mansion, at least it did for us.
    See Above

i-neighborhood Guest

The correct info is not filtering down to the front line CMs. Everytime they turn around another change has occurred.

Starting on March 20th till May 19th, at the Odyssey there will be an Annual Pass exchange for RFID APs. You must have a Photo ID. Meanwhile your original APs will still work the previous way.

I wouldn't get your shorts into a knot over the RFID, chock it upto Disney not having its act together, don't see that ending anytime soon.
    Sorry when I posted this I didn't see your post but I replied back to your reply to my lengthy post. No, i'm not worried about it, I do think we shouldn't always be on the tale end but i'm not sweatening it. I just thought surprised Epcot entrance told me to be prepared to swap soon.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    They did that here too. Did you wear green today.
    Yes sir, a requirement for the Irish this weekend, and I am one of the Irish. You want to see a celebration of St. Patty's Day google photo's and articles of University of Illinois, Champaign Urbana Campus. "Unofficial" St Patricks Day. Tens of Thousands of students around the country make a Pilgrimage to U of I for their celebration. It is freak'n awesome for the young.

There is a reason why my DD's University is rated one of the big 10 party schools in the US.

It is Unofficial St. Patty's Day because academics matter and St. Patty's day either lands in the midst of midterms or the start of spring break, so they push it up to the first weekend in March as not to miss out on the opportunity to celebrate.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Yes sir, a requirement for the Irish this weekend, and I am one of the Irish. You want to see a celebration of St. Patty's Day google photo's and articles of University of Illinois, Champaign Urbana Campus. "Unofficial" St Patricks Day. Tens of Thousands of students around the country make a Pilgrimage to U of I for their celebration. It is freak'n awesome for the young.

There is a reason why my DD's University is rated one of the big 10 party schools in the US.

It is Unofficial St. Patty's Day because academics matter and St. Patty's day either lands in the midst of midterms or the start of spring break, so they push it up to the first weekend in March as not to miss out on the opportunity to celebrate.

Wow, that's incredible. I bet they're havine a blast, it certainly looks like it. Well, can't say as I blame them to push up the celebration, they need to blow off some steam with all the hard work they're putting in.

The Irish and St. Patrick was the first to promote going green.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I believe the rose smell was piped in around the carriage Hearst much the same way Soar'in, Bugs Life and Main Street Bakery pipe in aromas.

The Roses, tower and Potties didn't blend, so bye bye form what I've heard.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

I believe the rose smell was piped in around the carriage Hearst much the same way Soar'in, Bugs Life and Main Street Bakery pipe in aromas.

The Roses, tower and Potties didn't blend, so bye bye form what I've heard.
    But if the smell was piped in why discontinue that?

But if the smell was piped in why discontinue that?
    The HM was once a dead end. Now it transitions right into the Tangled Tower and Tangled Potties, no longer separate air spaces.

And who needs roses when you can smell the New Pottyland?
    i-neighborhood likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

The HM was once a dead end. Now it transitions right into the Tangled Tower and Tangled Potties, no longer separate air spaces.

And who needs roses when you can smell the New Pottyland?
    Well it stinks to me, smells like dung .

Come on Disney Team what the world are you sniffing.

Its bad enough I have to endure that drab monorail spiel now you take away the Rose smell.

Wake up and smell the roses Disney Team.

Could it have killed them to let down some hair at the top of that tower.

i-neighborhood Guest

We were watching fireworks right there by HM and several times some people asked how to go up into Rapunzels castle, ha, when the CMs explained it was simply show for the Pottys oh the comments. lol.

i-neighborhood Guest

All I need is a pair of Google Glasses so I can be a french model live streaming at Disney
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Oh, I'm a Fast Pass holder now. Kinda like getting a Fast Pass at WDW.
    nicholas likes this.

Well it stinks to me, smells like dung .

Come on Disney Team what the world are you sniffing.

Its bad enough I have to endure that drab monorail spiel now you take away the Rose smell.

Wake up and smell the roses Disney Team.

Could it have killed them to let down some hair at the top of that tower.
    Hmmm....thinking toilet paper would be funnier.

Oh, I'm a Fast Pass holder now. Kinda like getting a Fast Pass at WDW.
    Congratulations.

Party Time! Party Time!
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Hmmm....thinking toilet paper would be funnier.
    OMG, you are so right, that would be hilarious. Maybe someone, CMs, Visitors or anyone TP the top of the tower. If they can make a hidden mickey in the HM then we can our own Flagship for all to see at this location you roll down the TP and wipe clean.

We were watching fireworks right there by HM and several times some people asked how to go up into Rapunzels castle, ha, when the CMs explained it was simply show for the Pottys oh the comments. lol.
    Yeah, it does confound me what Disney opts to spend money on upgrading and what they choose to tank.
    Interesting choices they make this century.

I'd like to time warp to back to the imagineers of the 90's.