Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 120 of 540 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 8092
Like Tree4887Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Wow! I am so impressed. Good luck. Are you handling it OK? {{{HUGS}}} Yes, so far. got several peeps prayin for me. and then I just ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wow! I am so impressed. Good luck. Are you handling it OK? {{{HUGS}}}
    Yes, so far. got several peeps prayin for me. and then I just got some {{{HUGS}}} Thanks HauntedGabe!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Decisions decisions. The main thing she is safe. it has to be difficult when they are so far away, even though they are young adults.
    Yeah. She was my kid that was an adult at 4 year old.

ManChild was a different story, a great kid, never any real trouble, just enjoyed life to the fullest. When I agreed to let him do the Disney College Program when he was changing Universities after 2 years, it was the best choice both he and I made. While they are away at school they are still "yours." When I sent him to Disney in 2007-8, I saw him once for 6 days when DD and I spent her 16th Birthday down at Disney. He left a kid and came back to finish up his degree a man, so well spoken, reasoning skills, good respect for furthering his education. It was a win win for all of us. I watch some men in their 40's that are more childish than he came back from Disney in 2008. If only their Mom's sent them away to mature.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Yes, so far. got several peeps prayin for me. and then I just got some {{{HUGS}}} Thanks HauntedGabe!
    Well I'll add you to my prayer list and keep sending {{{HUGS}}}
    i-neighborhood likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

Yeah. She was my kid that was an adult at 4 year old.

ManChild was a different story, a great kid, never any real trouble, just enjoyed life to the fullest. When I agreed to let him do the Disney College Program when he was changing Universities after 2 years, it was the best choice both he and I made. While they are away at school they are still "yours." When I sent him to Disney in 2007-8, I saw him once for 6 days when DD and I spent her 16th Birthday down at Disney. He left a kid and came back to finish up his degree a man, so well spoken, reasoning skills, good respect for furthering his education. It was a win win for all of us. I watch some men in their 40's that are more childish than he came back from Disney in 2008. If only their Mom's sent them away to mature.
    Disney or the Marine Corp It helps to have a good mom Sounds like he's off to a good start and so is DD.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

Oh, and it is Gabe by the way. I'm the angel Gabriel, so says Gran who balked at my Mom naming me LeeAnn. Giggle.

The Haunted comes from the tip of my hat to my favorite attraction the Haunted Mansion, the attraction that started out fantastic and the imagineers only improved with every rehab!

Disney or the Marine Corp It helps to have a good mom Sounds like he's off to a good start and so is DD.
    That is so true. He never gave me any trouble, he just had way too much fun in college. His first college was 32,000 a year, that is expensive fun for 2 years.

Not getting a degree was never an option, so says The Mom, so when he came back from Disney, switched Universities, all was good. I just had to view Disney as another version of college, he came back with 12 credits each semester taking classes online and a few at Disney University, which actually is accredited.

i-neighborhood Guest

I've been talking to guardian angel all this time.
    Thank you Gabe, I'm familiar with the Grans balking at names. Yes that Haunted Mansion does seem to have improved for the most part.

i-neighborhood Guest

That is so true. He never gave me any trouble, he just had way too much fun in college. His first college was 32,000 a year, that is expensive fun for 2 years.

Not getting a degree was never an option, so says The Mom, so when he came back from Disney, switched Universities, all was good. I just had to view Disney as another version of college, he came back with 12 credits each semester taking classes online and a few at Disney University, which actually is accredited.
    Expensive fun yes. college is so expensive. It seems many people go to Disney to participate in their program. I don't know much about it but sure as time progresses I will become educated on it.

i-neighborhood Guest

and hey new Rapunzel bathrooms

I've been talking to guardian angel all this time.
    Thank you Gabe, I'm familiar with the Grans balking at names. Yes that Haunted Mansion does seem to have improved for the most part.
    Yeah, the story goes on about me being called Gabe, Gran's have mystical powers. Bet she is smiling down on me now and snarling at my Mom saying neners.

Expensive fun yes. college is so expensive. It seems many people go to Disney to participate in their program. I don't know much about it but sure as time progresses I will become educated on it.
    Yeah, Disney has a real racket going with the CP's, what little they pay and then what they charge them for rent. I had to let that go, accept I was going to send him an allowance each week, like I did at college and just move on about the financial aspects of the program.

Nothing like working long hours, little chance of advancement without a college degree and working at a minimum wage (though his was higher than most CPs) that was much lower than Illinois minimum wage to push a kid into a reality check. I can't say enough good things about the program for the young. And he had the time of his life.
    When he returned to Disney after he graduated it was with his eyes wide open.

and hey new Rapunzel bathrooms
    Wonder if the Rapunzel bathrooms are the most expensive potties ever built?

Disney is building new ones for America in Epcot and closing the old ones down when they are complete.
    Just conjecture but I bet they won't be spending that amount of money on potties again.

i-neighborhood Guest

Yeah, Disney has a real racket going with the CP's, what little they pay and then what they charge them for rent. I had to let that go, accept I was going to send him an allowance each week, like I did at college and just move on about the financial aspects of the program.

Nothing like working long hours, little chance of advancement without a college degree and working at a minimum wage (though his was higher than most CPs) that was much lower than Illinois minimum wage to push a kid into a reality check. I can't say enough good things about the program for the young. And he had the time of his life.
    When he returned to Disney after he graduated it was with his eyes wide open.
    I have heard they work long hours and it has to be enlightening to young people to demonstrate the value of a dollar and their time. Its interesting that he returned which makes me think not only he had fun before he graduated but he believed there could be a career of fun working for them post graduate.

I have heard they work long hours and it has to be enlightening to young people to demonstrate the value of a dollar and their time. Its interesting that he returned which makes me think not only he had fun before he graduated but he believed there could be a career of fun working for them post graduate.
    Indeed, so true. There is more to his adventures with Disney for another day, 'till then Good Night. I've turned into a pumpkin.

i-neighborhood Guest

Wonder if the Rapunzel bathrooms are the most expensive potties ever built?

Disney is building new ones for America in Epcot and closing the old ones down when they are complete.
    Just conjecture but I bet they won't be spending that amount of money on potties again.
    I wonder. Not to mention no hair or nothing hangin from that tower to indicate Rapunzel's tower. I've heard of spinning gold on a wheel.