Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 123 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 8016
Like Tree4878Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by wallfan329 I got to Disney safe last night. Last night at check our front CM went to the back... Knowing how check in works I realized that ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I got to Disney safe last night.

Last night at check our front CM went to the back... Knowing how check in works I realized that this means something. So we waited a couple of minutes and she came back with a box. On the box there was a note that says... The only way Mckayla can get this box is if she tells the front CM why she loves Disney. So I did and the front CM gave me the box. Then I realized that it was my from my friend Kayla (who is a manager in the gift shop). I could not even open the box without crying. Then after dinner my mom left me and my dad... Using the excuse she had to go to the bathroom. So after looking around the gift store and Art of Animation we went back... Here my mom waa decorating our room. I cried once again. I hope you all have a great week and a good Easter. I am off to go get ready for Magic Kingdom
    An 18th Birthday to remember!

Happy Birthday McKayla!
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    still have this nasty flu. Over it.

​{{{{hugs}}}}

from a safe distance
    nicholas likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I just saw a video of the player from Louisville, Kevin Ware who broke his leg in the Louisville/Duke game. One of the most awful things ever. Hopefully he has a quick recovery
    Saw that during Easter Dinner, I'm surprised with copy right we were able to see it that quickly online and sorry I did.

I had flash backs to Chicago Bears in 85 with Joe Theismann cracking leg. Joe's they replayed on TV, at least they had the good sense not to do that yesterday.
    nicholas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Happy Easter Weekend everyone!!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, our weekend went well. *phew*
    nicholas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I thought you lived in a house.
    How 'bout it. Anyone who knows me just a little bit know there is no way on God's Green Earth I would sleep outdoors or in a honk'n camper. I've done it twice, once for 2 weeks canoeing on the Wisconsin River and another time in the Dells during a tree falling storm.

Animals eat and sleep outdoors. People eat inside with silverware with linen napkins and sleep upon Egyptian cotton sheets.
    nicholas likes this.

nicholas likes this.

Interesting investment.

Yay Illini!
    nicholas likes this.

Heard this weekend that Nemo might be going bye-bye at AK, at least for a while. Could be used as a temporary home for Lion King revised, until new stage is built. One less thing to do at AK then for a while.
    nicholas likes this.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Hello! Had a really good weekend. We have a church activity where we take about 60 people to Dallas and do Bible Bowl stuff. My boys did puppets and song leading. They did such a great job. Then last night at church was our 5th Sunday service where in the evening we do singing only. My older two ones lead singing. I can't believe my 11 year old (well he is almost 12) did such a great job. Really a proud mom moment. (He got up there confident, said the number of the song we were singing, gave time to find it, and then belted it out- very proud).
    HauntedGabe and Evilduckqueen like this.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Waiting to do my taxes. Been here almost an hour. Hopefully when it is my turn it won't take too long. I do like this place because they do it while you are there. So once I get my turn, it will be over soon.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Saw that during Easter Dinner, I'm surprised with copy right we were able to see it that quickly online and sorry I did.

I had flash backs to Chicago Bears in 85 with Joe Theismann cracking leg. Joe's they replayed on TV, at least they had the good sense not to do that yesterday.
    I still cringe when I think of that
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Went to WDW Friday. Picked up the new passes. Obviously CMs were taxed to the max which I can understand dealing with crowd levels. CMs yelling in the parking lot at guests but the manner in which it was done was rude and condescending not the usual "stand behind the yellow line" or other spiels. But when security yelled at me entering the MK later that night I was in no mood and I yelled right back, its not my problem WDW is greedy and I AM NOT GOING TO BE YELLED AT WHEN I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG AND I'M A CUSTOMER. I had no bags and passed through the no bag check point as usual so why should I be yelled at and treated like a moron so that everybody around is looking.. This is world class customer service. I think not. I won't even go into the other service issues.

I'm about to the point that WDW can take their passes and well it rhymes.

So I now have a full blown cold or flu with fever, aches and chills and maybe a little sensitive but then this may be the last year of Disney. The idea is to have a good time.
    I was both MK and Epcot on Friday also and I have only one horrible cast member and that was a photo pass lady in Epcot. Other then that the security people, the cast members and the people at the place to get new tickets were super nice to my family
    An 18th Birthday to remember!

Happy Birthday McKayla!
    Thank you Gabe
    HauntedGabe likes this.

ohiodisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Ugh I love the Nemo ride and was looking forward to riding it next month. Did you hear when it will shut down? (sorry if you already answered that somewhere) My girls are super disappointed. We're going to miss the Snow White ride now too, I love all of the rides that feel like they "take you into the movie".
    HauntedGabe likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Sorry you are under the weather. Flu shots are a gift from God for me and mine. Doesn't always stop it but sure lessens it if we get it.

Eeek a bad time at Disney, that is always sad. We all seem to talk about changes or missteps at Disney. Rarely do we count the amount of perfectly fine CMs we pass during the day, yet a bad few we tell stories. Frankly there isn't a dang thing to discuss about places that remain solid and perfect. We don't talk about a 10 minute monorail ride yet talk about getting stuck for an hour or talk fondly about the days we all rode in the front cabin.
    While you are feeling puny try and hold onto the good times you and your son have at Disney, so many good times. Feel Better soon.
    I get your point and I have made it a point to compliment employees of any establishment when I receive exceptional customer service. I have emailed compliments to Disney regarding several CMs in the past for their outstanding customer service. I've also notified them of not so nice CMs. I have complimented in writing or by phone to various other establishments to advise them of a great customer service experience. I agree, all too often the bad experiences are the only ones highlighted and that's why I make it a point to highlight to supervisors or managers when their employees should be recognized. I expect world class service at Disney above and beyond any place else and I have no problem bringing that to their attention. They are charging premium prices. At the same token a sub par 69 cent hamburger with a mushed bun and $1 cold fries at McDonalds is going to get an immediate response from me. A service provider shouldn't feel that in their need for greed will supercede and I'm going to accept their mushed burger, cold fries or whatever else. They want my money and I want what I paid for.

When I have good experiences I call corporate or managers of McDonalds, other restaurants, businesses or agencies so the deserving employees can be recognized and documented.

Unfortunately, the more you visit one place, mcdonalds, disney whatever, your bound to experience the best and worst they have to offer.

There were some CMs that stood out Friday now that you jar my memory. The crew over at the EC Mission Space cart really make buying a couple of pretzels enjoyable and I have forwarded and email to GR with store number and ticket number to compliment their ability to make buying a simple pretzel a surprisingly enjoyable experience.

I have also forwarded GR regarding another CM at MK at the Prairie Outpost and Supply who offered great service. I will note that I did not advise GR of the bad experiences I encountered on Friday although they were remarkable.

Although I was not permitted to ride in the front cab of the monorail our ride was quite pleasant from the Contemporary, as were previous Magic Bus rides earlier in the day.

I'll defer mentioning the cheesey certificate they give out at lights camera instead of the pin for the guest driver.

The jungle cruise crew is alway consistently great and were nonetheless on Friday

The Fireworks crew perfect as usual.

Yes I do hope I feel better soon, but so far I still feel horrible, but thank you for the wishes.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I just saw a video of the player from Louisville, Kevin Ware who broke his leg in the Louisville/Duke game. One of the most awful things ever. Hopefully he has a quick recovery
    I saw it and I thought I have seen it all since the time I saw a Football player twist the bottom part of his leg half way around, but OMG I feel so bad for him.