Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 130 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 7913
Like Tree4843Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Gesł Maria e Giuseppe, if we continue this conversation we are going to he-double toothpicks....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Gesł Maria e Giuseppe, if we continue this conversation we are going to he-double toothpicks.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

We can blame that on Fox if that happens, unless of course Bill O'Reilly happens to be the we devil.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yay! Someone is a happy camper.
    OK. now I KNOW he lives in a house. I can't stop making that joke... but i'm up at this time so WHAT THE BLEEP DO I KNOW?!?!?!?
    Last edited by nicholas; 04-05-2013 at 04:46 AM.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

This Shedd Aquarium Commercial music sends my mind back to Tapestry of Nation music.

That's on my Birthday!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

It rains a lot in Italy during the winter & spring.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

45 years ago, I laid on the floor of my Dads Delmont 88 along with my Sis as we fled our hotel in Perry, Georgia as people threw rocks and stuff at our car. It was our stop over on the way down to Florida, news came over the TV, Riots started in the area, Dad flew off the bed and said we have to get the **** out of here and we were gone, laying on the floor of the car.

I remember it like yesterday, being scared out of my mind yet having not a clue what the heck was happening, I was just a little girl. Odd how you remember the smallest windows of time and forget major blocks of your childhood.
    Why were people throwing rocks at your car?
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Why were people throwing rocks at your car?
    I don't know how much American history you are taught in Australia but the 1960's were times of unrest within our own boarders. I don't have much actual recall because I was small but remember the car ride. There were lots of historical riots, unruly protests and plenty of intimidating situations that actually started in the 50's to surface and laws started to change. The March on WDC, was lead by Dr. Martin Luther King for equal rights from everything from jobs, pay, housing so many areas of racial equality. We've come a long way in around 50 years.

Most was people trying to come to terms with civil rights "for all" which came with an Amendment to our Constitution in late in the 60's. Dr. King was a charismatic, powerful speaker and leader, likely best known for his I Have a Dream Speech. By this point in time most were onboard with equality changes at least publicly and even most of the powerful Unions to the North supported the changes but there were idiots on both sides of the issue that were radical and had a good chunk of followers.

Anyhow, Dr. King was from Georgia and they were especially proud of his leadership as were many others who supported his cause. We were in a hotel in Perry GA in route to Florida when Dr. King was assassinated by a publicly hateful, white man and riots began in what was called The Holy Week Uprising fueled by the murderer not being caught for quite some time.

Well there was so much anger Nationwide over Kings murder and we were in Dr. Kings home turf and white. We were fair game in revenge for Dr. Kings murder, as my Dad tried to reach the highway the people in the streets went after anyone white, fighting and throwing and in some cases shooting. Buildings were being burnt down, it was a terrible time. My folks say they were very careful in the routes they took to Southern Florida and even home 6 weeks later. My Dad opted to keep us in Florida an extra couple of weeks as he worked in Chicago where some of the riots and unrest were among the worst in Chicago. That day is a strong memory for me and a story that is retold by my folks. We lived a bit of history that day.
    nicholas likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Boy retelling the story of that day makes me wonder how future history books will portray our eras stance of the Same *** Marriage Amendment. Bet it won't be pretty.

I remember when it was extremely rare to see a Character in Epcot.

mickey updates
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

An interesting note about the man that allegedly killed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The entire King family believed the man accused of killing King was the wrong man. So much so that they lobbied to Mr. Ray a new trial and successfully won a wrongful death lawsuit against another man.

On point of the riots, the main thing is that you and your family are okay and not harmed, Thank God, but I can imagine how scary that is as I experienced similar in 1987 when we had a period of unrest in the Tampa Bay area.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Boy retelling the story of that day makes me wonder how future history books will portray our eras stance of the Same *** Marriage Amendment. Bet it won't be pretty.
    I'm sure it won't be pretty and I'm sure will be skewed. One point I've heard raised and I have to agree, if love is going to prevail in support of same gender marriage then why shouldn't love of a polyamorous relationship be any less different. A woman in love with more than one man or vice versa or various combinations. I'm sure even if same gender marriages are sanctioned the debate will hardly be over.

I tend to agree with you. Racism still exists to some extent. Labor abuse go on. Wives were once property and had to win the right to vote, still not always equal. Heck, it wasn't that long ago interracial marriages were against the law.

Me<----on new amendment I just don't care, I'm not vested in others personal lives. Live and let live. Time to move forward and stop wasting all this governmental time and money when there is only one way it will end when the dust settles.

Hmpf. The frozen prepared Quesadillas that my kid has eaten half of have now been recalled for e coli. Lots Match. joy joy
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-05-2013 at 02:16 PM.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I just laughed so hard.

This goes out to anyone else who heard a noise outside and thought: Omg Fox was right! The communists are here!

"Red Dawn"?

Funnier yet, that little pot-bellied, despot, ******bag thinks we're all scared.
    If that turd doesn't even have an inkling of what's in store for his pile of a country if he goes there...well...
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 04-05-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who