Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 147 of 535 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 8016
Like Tree4878Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by wallfan329 So happy I got to end the day by spending it with my brother and his girlfriend. I was so ready just to walk out of ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    So happy I got to end the day by spending it with my brother and his girlfriend.

I was so ready just to walk out of class today. My English teacher past out letters telling us if we could do our senior internship program or not. I got my letter and at the moment I am pending and have a chance (high) that I will not be able to do it.... Ready to hear why... Because I missed the day before spring break. Ok last get into some more detail with this. I skipped the day because I was flying out that day and had some family things to do. So my mom called me off that morning... The attendance lady told my mom that it was excused and I should not have an issue with it. The week before I left, I got all my work, did it, turned it in... before kids who actually were at school that day. Also I went early 3 times that week to make up tests I was going to miss. So the day I was not there, I was all caught up. There was only one class I was not caught up in was Algebra 3... I talked to my teacher (who was out most of the week because his daughter was in the hospital.). He told me that it would be fine and I will just take it when I get back. My mom even talked to him and he told her that it will be fine and my mom even told him that I could go to school and he told her to keep me at home because it is stupid to come in for his class and be rushed the rest of the day. So I did not go in. If I went to school I would have gone in for and hour and 36 minutes. To sit for the first 45 because I toke the test the day before and to take a quiz in a class taught by the DEAN OF STUDENTS that wants me to stay home.

So after about 2 months of finding a place to be a intern at and all the essays I had to write and the stuff I had to do, I have to write another essay explain how I have had this trip planned since 2009, booked the hotel in July when I had no idea that I was even doing the internship, the plane tickets where bought in the end of November... still when I was not doing the Internship.

I did get one piece of advice from the Dean of Students... If they reject then I will just have to drop to everyone else level in this district and cry and complaing to the head guy because the school is not letting me do something that is going to help me in the future and stuff.
    I'm sorry.

Remember when you have kids, lie, call them in sick. Honesty in schools with attendance gets you nowhere! Some teachers just love the petty power they have and enjoy bringing harm to the young, petty little tyrants. Want to know why we can't compete with China and India's youth, it isn't always the youth. You've seen me post similar stories through the years and others sounding off.

Remember just like any bully some teachers get off on making you upset, don't indulge the English teacher in her little joy fest. My DD never did a high school internship, she is at a top college. Life will go on. {{{HUGS}}}

Time for college!
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

And a nice Boston story. After runners crossed the finish line today many continued to run the addition mileage and ran directly to Massachusetts General to donate blood.

Now that is the American Spirit!
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

and I hear there is celebration abroad by some of the murder and terror of innocent people.

Dragon Alley is going to be so freak'n cool!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH8BnekCIAA2T4B.jpg:large
    wallfan329 likes this.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Happy birthday!!! (I didn't miss it, did I?)
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My Mom said I lost my Teddy Bear at the San Diego zoo, when they back tracked it was atop a garbage can.
    It was well loved. That Sea World is awesome as is the zoo!
    Aww! Too funny.

2 powerful explosions near the finish line of Boston Marathon about an hour after the first runners finished. Many seriously injured.

RoseGrey

RoseGrey
    I hate to like something like that, but i'm the king of likes so whatever... (And it is a good post as well.)

Good night to be at Disney. Wait times for Splash and Space in the teens. Takes almost that long to walk the queue.
    But it's a cr@p week to be at DL.

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!
    Thanks a lot! I'm also thinking about your uncle, I am happy to hear that it's going well!

So happy I got to end the day by spending it with my brother and his girlfriend.

I was so ready just to walk out of class today. My English teacher past out letters telling us if we could do our senior internship program or not. I got my letter and at the moment I am pending and have a chance (high) that I will not be able to do it.... Ready to hear why... Because I missed the day before spring break. Ok last get into some more detail with this. I skipped the day because I was flying out that day and had some family things to do. So my mom called me off that morning... The attendance lady told my mom that it was excused and I should not have an issue with it. The week before I left, I got all my work, did it, turned it in... before kids who actually were at school that day. Also I went early 3 times that week to make up tests I was going to miss. So the day I was not there, I was all caught up. There was only one class I was not caught up in was Algebra 3... I talked to my teacher (who was out most of the week because his daughter was in the hospital.). He told me that it would be fine and I will just take it when I get back. My mom even talked to him and he told her that it will be fine and my mom even told him that I could go to school and he told her to keep me at home because it is stupid to come in for his class and be rushed the rest of the day. So I did not go in. If I went to school I would have gone in for and hour and 36 minutes. To sit for the first 45 because I toke the test the day before and to take a quiz in a class taught by the DEAN OF STUDENTS that wants me to stay home.

So after about 2 months of finding a place to be a intern at and all the essays I had to write and the stuff I had to do, I have to write another essay explain how I have had this trip planned since 2009, booked the hotel in July when I had no idea that I was even doing the internship, the plane tickets where bought in the end of November... still when I was not doing the Internship.

I did get one piece of advice from the Dean of Students... If they reject then I will just have to drop to everyone else level in this district and cry and complaing to the head guy because the school is not letting me do something that is going to help me in the future and stuff.
    All that I can say is that it's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Happy birthday!!! (I didn't miss it, did I?)
    Thanks!... And yeah you kind of did.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Thanks!... And yeah you kind of did.
    It's still the 15th
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! :
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Post flu, post nicotine withdrawal, post prednisone withdrawal and my neighbors above me and below me are making me Serenity Now! Serenity Now!
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Serenity Now continued
    nicholas likes this.