Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 182 of 540 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 8092
Like Tree4887Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood Attachment 5383 This is what we get at ymca if we drive 30 miles which is convenient. We had this really cool water pool thing in ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Attachment 5383
    This is what we get at ymca if we drive 30 miles which is convenient.
    We had this really cool water pool thing in my town, the lake park looked like this I actually walked there when I was young (5 minute walk). It had a pool and a lake to swim in.

It was so fun.

Sadly it is now closed and a school. I was looking for pictures but cant find any online
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Today I had a gymnastics class, and now i'm getting ready for my LL game. And then we have to go to Miller Park and watch the Brewers, so i'm pretty busy.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Day is over at work. I am getting to go home before 6! YES!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Ate a whole pound of strawberries today... Yup, I think it was a good day.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Oh I so wish I could go to Paris and ride there Space Mountain.
    Now why couldn't they do something like that in the New Fantasyland
    Yeah, how 'bout it. Disney has a lot riding on Dwarf now doesn't it? Not that the expansion isn't pretty and all but it sure needs an attraction that the guests come off saying Wow! and that wasn't the Mermaid, but they knew that going in. The West Coast original was already a walk on attraction. So the pressure is on Dwarf, time will tell. I have only one picture of the inside of Dwarf and nothing much going on in there yet, lots of work to go.

Disney World is in a tough spot now. They let a lot of refurbishments slide by. So many attractions need some real tender loving care, nor did Disney add a lot to the 4 parks over the past 15 years and these stop gaps of parades, limited time magic, 24 hour days are not going to take the place of funding. Having 4 parks that need some real costly repairs and in addition need new attractions, money pit. All the while you look at other parks in Orlando, Cali and around the world with attractions that were really +'d like Space in Paris or Pooh that I posted previously in Tokyo, Disney did a wonderful job imagineering that Pooh. It will be interesting to see what move Disney makes with regards to all 4 of their parks at WDW, given nothing of substance seems to be in store for the World after the Dwarf until 2016 or so...

i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

If Dwarf is family friendly on the caliber of Big Thunder Mountain, then I can see it being a success for Disney, however, I still think we needed something a little more supercharged, and perhaps they could've done both with an intense ride and a family friendly version. I dunno, but it could be a hit if it has a enough bump and thrill like thunder.

I couldn't agree with you more. You would think their showcase, the Magic Kingdom, they would attend to most.

I notice details going so often, but I imagine people on their first visit notice as well, and there are some things that look like they need a paint job and WED People Mover is one, in addition to more or updated content. But I've said before Tomorrowland is more like YesterYearland.

Disney is Disney, but you're so right the "stop gaps" aren't enough, nor should they be. It goes back to previous sentiments I've expressed in so many words that the "powers that be" Disney take for granted the notion we built it so "they will come".

I think its great there updating technology, but that is more for their benefit with small benefits to visitors.

They updated the monorail spiel which was in my opinion part of the brand and like of said before the voice lacks something. I mention this to say that things like Wishes fireworks could be updated to be more magical. Maybe I'm the one wishing with delusions now but, I needed not say anything because you summed it all up. They need to refurbish a lot everywhere and also add and or re think some attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yeah, how 'bout it. Disney has a lot riding on Dwarf now doesn't it? Not that the expansion isn't pretty and all but it sure needs an attraction that the guests come off saying Wow! and that wasn't the Mermaid, but they knew that going in. The West Coast original was already a walk on attraction. So the pressure is on Dwarf, time will tell. I have only one picture of the inside of Dwarf and nothing much going on in there yet, lots of work to go.

Disney World is in a tough spot now. They let a lot of refurbishments slide by. So many attractions need some real tender loving care, nor did Disney add a lot to the 4 parks over the past 15 years and these stop gaps of parades, limited time magic, 24 hour days are not going to take the place of funding. Having 4 parks that need some real costly repairs and in addition need new attractions, money pit. All the while you look at other parks in Orlando, Cali and around the world with attractions that were really +'d like Space in Paris or Pooh that I posted previously in Tokyo, Disney did a wonderful job imagineering that Pooh. It will be interesting to see what move Disney makes with regards to all 4 of their parks at WDW, given nothing of substance seems to be in store for the World after the Dwarf until 2016 or so...

i-neighborhood Guest

And I agree the expansion is pretty. I like that Dumbo is in the shade and now there are two. The Ariel ride is not only cool but literally cool inside and its not over in 60 seconds. I haven't been in the Ballroom yet.

I still think Rapunzel needs a TP
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Okay, maybe I'm being insensitive, but I don't know what the world could be wrong with a person, even if were a teenager or young adult, to leave their baby in the bath tub while its filling up to go answer the door and then hold a conversation with the cable sales man. Baby is dead. What is a matter with people. are they stupid.
    Deputies: Infant drowns in bathtub; mother charged

There are more chickens than people in the world.
    nicholas likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Bullfrogs don't sleep. Wonder, could I have been a bullfrog in a previous life?
    nicholas likes this.

i-neighborhood Guest

That amazes me that there are enough chickens for all those chicken sandwiches.
    What also amazes me is that KFC was buying their chicken from China.
    H5N1 to KFC too.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

Vanilla makes up 1/3 of all ice cream sales.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

People don't sneeze when they are asleep.

i-neighborhood Guest

Ribbit.

Bullfrogs don't sleep. Wonder, could I have been a bullfrog in a previous life?
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

That amazes me that there are enough chickens for all those chicken sandwiches.
    What also amazes me is that KFC was buying their chicken from China.
    H5N1 to KFC too.
    Like I trust anything I would eat that comes from China?