Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 200 of 543 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 8132
Like Tree4891Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy Did anyone else think we'd be living like the Jetson's by now? You say that like we live in houses like this....
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Did anyone else think we'd be living like the Jetson's by now?
    You say that like we live in houses like this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    back in the day we had social networking when we were kids. I think back then it was called" the telephone" with a cord!
    And when my children were in high school it was a thing called IM'ing. Now texting and Facebook. Won't realized how tied they are to tech until they have children of their own that are always distracted and only live half in the moment.
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    You say that like we live in houses like this.

Funny it looks a bit like Marina City in Chicago, just shorter but the living and parking area very much the same.
    I still love the Jetsons. On cold icky days I'd like to put Walter on a tread mill vs walking him.
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Funny it looks a bit like Marina City in Chicago, just shorter but the living and parking area very much the same.
    I still love the Jetsons. On cold icky days I'd like to put Walter on a tread mill vs walking him.

i-neighborhood Guest

Just returned from the once wonderful world of Disney visiting the Magic Kingdom. Boy was it hot and its not summer. I don't usually do the day thing unless it involves the indoor interactive Quest, but there we went.

looks like expanding the bus areas outside the Magic Kingdom.

Bakery still not open. It scheduled to open later this month or next month depending on who's right.

Still a facade next to Caseys.

New renovation walls up around Yankee Trader on South side btwn Columbia.

We played the Sorcer's game to save the Magic Kingdom and ....

Tea party under refurb.

We had a great time.

I was amused to see a CM instructing people walking between Small World and Peter Pan to walk on one the right heading West and others to walk on the left side heading East. No parade, no nothing, not even crowded that would warrant that. Who knows. Same as CM preventing people from crossing outside TTC.

Jungle Cruise crew were awesome as usual but this evening they all seemed particularly engaged and energized. Jungle Cruise Crew Rocks, never take them for granite .

I wonder why they don't light the candle opera next to Sparrow in the last scene.

There was no page for Mr. Tom Morrow today both times we rode WED Way People mover, which Disneyland no longer has but may bring back.

Haunted Mansion was missing its covered walk way today.

The host at Carousel of Progress was great and energetic for his brief spot was a winner.

The female vocal that has been added in Pirates at the beginning just as you pass the smokey pirate where the crab is on the beach and the skeleton is sailing before the drop, in my opinion its overkill and I liked it better without.

Buzz light year was missing or behind a curtain I should say in the line que Perhaps he has an Oz complex.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Thats an awful lot going wrong, did you happen to see if Splash Mountain was re opened? Im curious to see if they took down the nets in the load area or not
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

i-neighborhood Guest

I wasn't complaining, just updating what things were going on.

I did not see any nets at Splash Mountain in the load area, I'm pretty sure they're gone. I can tell you I got soaked much to my chagrin. and well before we were leaving. But we had fun.

My son says to me as were eating ice cream on the lower landiing that sits on the water, "why is there a parade starting at 11pm when the park just closed" lol. good question. I really didn't have an answer other than to speculate. He questioned me if the park was really closed for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Thats an awful lot going wrong, did you happen to see if Splash Mountain was re opened? Im curious to see if they took down the nets in the load area or not

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Our kiddos HS (2 oldest have graduated, youngest will graduate at the end of May) has been ranked number 57 in the nation by Newsweek.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Yesterday was nuts...
    Got up at 6a and dressed like a "techie" to go on an office scavenger hunt on SoCo (South Congress) after 1p on half-day Friday. We've done this before, but never dressed in costume. We were divided into 4 teams... "Techies", "Hipsters", "Hippies" and "Cowboys". I went pretty over-the-top with my costume. At one point during the day while we were still at the office my youngest DD requested a pic. so I sent her one. She said she could not stop laughing. She then sent it to oldest DD who requested my permission to put it on her FB page. I said sure. The rest is history...glad I could make sooooo many peoples day by bustin' a gut laughin'...!!!
    The looks we got and the fun we had was off-the-chain!!! I actually had to cut out for my TDS closing shift before everyone met back up at the restaurant/bar to declare the winner, and continue with the revelry. Can't wait for our Monday morning meeting to hear about it all...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    This morning was amazing, I was standing in the lobby of my school and the little boy I posted about last night saw me and got all excited. It made my heart melt and yes, I did cry a bit. Then his aid proceeded to hand him a card which he gave to me. Instead of the card was a braclet he and his aid made for me... oh gosh there were a lot more tears. I walked with him like I normally do and he got all excited to show me how he has improved his wheelchair driving skills since I left. After we said our goodbyes... more tears. I went off to my senior meeting. They talked about prom for a little bit then they showed us a slide show of pictures from when we were little to now... Even more tears.

Now I am off to get ready for prom. I have a hair and make up appoinment in about 20 minutes. Then it is pictures and PROM! After Prom we have this thing called After Prom at our high school with things to do until 3am. I think it is going to be a fun day/night
    Very sweet, Mckayla.
    Hope you had fun at Prom!
    nicholas likes this.
    ~ you know who

Oh my! Saw some Jetsons up there...one of my all-time favorite cartoons!

OK...
    Off to get ready for another (4-10:30 today) TDS closer...!
    Have a Magical...!!!
    ~ you know who

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

never pop popcorn in the dryer
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I looks more like the Space Needle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I thought you were showing me Sim City for a minute.

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I looks more like the Space Needle to me.
    for the roundness and style Gabe is right

you are right too
    nicholas likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator