Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 206 of 541 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 8103
Like Tree4888Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs I don't know I have a few thoughts. I mean, someone who claims they have ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    I don't know I have a few thoughts.
    I mean, someone who claims they have a disability and doesn't, well thats fraud.

BUT is hiring a disabled guide who is given a hefty premium ANY different than paying Disney the premium for their guided tour.

I don't really think so.

I also know that SOME CMs look down at people who don't have visible disabilities and assume they are committing fraud. I observed this a few times when going with a disabled friend.

I do not understand why you would do this...first and major reason it is a horrible thing to do. Second off in the article I read it said that "its a small world" is an 2 1/2 hour wait over spring break.... I have been to Disney over spring break a couple of times and it has never been that long. Third thing... If you are part of the 1%... wouldn't you be able to afford a VIP tours. Last thing... why would you pay 130 dollars for a person to walk with you...when you can get the card for free... My band director got one because her daughter had "ADHD" for the week. Anyways I do not understand when people are all like I can skip the line and blah...for disabled folks I get it but for normal folks, I dont because the line is part of the attraction. I hate people
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

i-neighborhood Guest

I"m not a big fan of people either But I am huge fans of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Peter Pan, Prince Charming and Cinderella, Winnie, Alice, all them Pirates, Phineas and Ferb, Crash and Berstein.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I do not understand why you would do this...first and major reason it is a horrible thing to do. Second off in the article I read it said that "its a small world" is an 2 1/2 hour wait over spring break.... I have been to Disney over spring break a couple of times and it has never been that long. Third thing... If you are part of the 1%... wouldn't you be able to afford a VIP tours. Last thing... why would you pay 130 dollars for a person to walk with you...when you can get the card for free... My band director got one because her daughter had "ADHD" for the week. Anyways I do not understand when people are all like I can skip the line and blah...for disabled folks I get it but for normal folks, I dont because the line is part of the attraction. I hate people

i-neighborhood Guest

This, young people, is why I deleted my Facebook account and why people should be aware of what technology they use and the privacy they give up. Neither freedom of speech or privacy are protected or guaranteed online or on your phone, (Phone privacy is gone) with all those great APPS you download, because almost all require you to contract away those "rights" by agreeing to the "terms of service" or "permissions". They gotcha.
    Google my dear

i-neighborhood Guest

Line waits are a funny and fluctuating thing. I believe you, I have witnessed rides with short wait times during peak and long waits off peak. But I've definitely seen some outrageous lines too and Small World and Peter Pan are up there for the 2.5 hour wait time and lines wrapping outside of the building que.

Since guest will be able to schedule Fast Pass times in the near future perhaps Disney will figure some way to monetize those spaces that the FP machines are occupying.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

but most rides now have the wheelchair people wait in them too, no front of line perks.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

at least with the VIP Disney guide can back door you I believe
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

disneydi is offline A-Ticket holder

I totally agree, the line is part of the experience. If these women are willing to take advantage of a service created to help people with disabilities, why wouldn't they be willing to pull their kids out of school during a non-peak season.

By the way, Hello everyone, this is my first forum posting

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    at least with the VIP Disney guide can back door you I believe
    Pretty much.

My friends uncle works with the VIP stuff...such a cool job he has.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

One thing I love about living where I do...there is so much culture food wise... 15 minutes from the best (IMHO...I am extremely biased because I know the guy who runs the restaurant and you can find me there once a week) american food place. 25 minutes from a fantastic Italian market, 10 from a Asian market and 30 from the a market that has family owned business from all over the world in it.

At least when I move to Florida I will have EPCOT Center for the food.
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh my gosh this is so cute
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla

Ok so most of you probably read the story about the little boy from school that I walk with.....
    Well tonight was my last band concert as a high school, I walked in our gym (this one has all the bands from 6th grade to 12th grade play) and he is sitting there waiting for me. I cried. I am going to miss him so so much
    Mckayla

New Flavors!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

City sues
    I have no sympathy for the city or the workers. most municipalities make plenty without this and I am downtown quite a bit and they are some of the nastiest people. They have installed these new pay stations where the old coin meters next to each spot are gone you just remember the number they've posted on the curb and then walk to a pay station. You're suppose to be able to use any station, huh, I went to one around the corner because there was a line for the one near my car, so I knew there was one around the corner, and they gave me a ticket and my receipt the machine was stamped one minute after and they tried to say I ran to the machine to pay after the ticket. YOU BIG BULLY THIEVES. They ultimately deleted the ticket, but this isn't the first unfair practice I've seen or has been brought to my attention by other downtowners.

Oh my gosh this is so cute
    She referred to everything as "WE" so sweet!
    wallfan329 likes this.