Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 208 of 546 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 8189
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by wallfan329 I do not understand why you would do this...first and major reason it is a horrible thing to do. Second off in the article I read ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I do not understand why you would do this...first and major reason it is a horrible thing to do. Second off in the article I read it said that "its a small world" is an 2 1/2 hour wait over spring break.... I have been to Disney over spring break a couple of times and it has never been that long. Third thing... If you are part of the 1%... wouldn't you be able to afford a VIP tours. Last thing... why would you pay 130 dollars for a person to walk with you...when you can get the card for free... My band director got one because her daughter had "ADHD" for the week. Anyways I do not understand when people are all like I can skip the line and blah...for disabled folks I get it but for normal folks, I dont because the line is part of the attraction. I hate people
    The good thing though is that the 1% is the 1% so only 1% of the time it happens. But their way I agree with you on hating people.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Line waits are a funny and fluctuating thing. I believe you, I have witnessed rides with short wait times during peak and long waits off peak. But I've definitely seen some outrageous lines too and Small World and Peter Pan are up there for the 2.5 hour wait time and lines wrapping outside of the building que.

Since guest will be able to schedule Fast Pass times in the near future perhaps Disney will figure some way to monetize those spaces that the FP machines are occupying.
    The thing is that at WDW they do a great job at keeping up with the wait times, and with the app. But at DL the line could be out the door, and the time would say 10 mins, and then some moron mom from CA says oh it's only 10 mins, when the line is right in her face!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydi View Post
    I totally agree, the line is part of the experience. If these women are willing to take advantage of a service created to help people with disabilities, why wouldn't they be willing to pull their kids out of school during a non-peak season.

By the way, Hello everyone, this is my first forum posting
    That is probably the reason why every kid on the Magic when I was on there just a few weeks away from SB were so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It is really great to go there.

New Flavors!

I thought you said you didn't like those.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

The Mother's Manual doesn't train you for hearing from your son that his friend passed away in his sleep last night. Words just escape ya. Irony today Doc's were going to do a corrective procedure today. How awful. Bet DS doesn't want to check his FB anymore this morning.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thinking I best go take Pup for a long walk.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I thought you said you didn't like those.
    You're right, gross. But my kids do, but DD wouldn't eat Peanut Butter, but DS would.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    But at DL the line could be out the door, and the time would say 10 mins, and then some moron mom from CA says oh it's only 10 mins, when the line is right in her face!

i-neighborhood Guest

That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. Send up some prayers for DS and the family. Phew
    The Mother's Manual doesn't train you for hearing from your son that his friend passed away in his sleep last night. Words just escape ya. Irony today Doc's were going to do a corrective procedure today. How awful. Bet DS doesn't want to check his FB anymore this morning.
    nicholas likes this.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs
    I don't know I have a few thoughts.
    I mean, someone who claims they have a disability and doesn't, well thats fraud.

BUT is hiring a disabled guide who is given a hefty premium ANY different than paying Disney the premium for their guided tour.

I don't really think so.

I also know that SOME CMs look down at people who don't have visible disabilities and assume they are committing fraud. I observed this a few times when going with a disabled friend.
    One thing.... The only line i have ever seen to be over 2 hours on any day is Soarin. IASW is a far cry from being 2 hours, maybe 1 hour.

Second, I feel anyone who uses a GAC card inappropriately is being fraudulent. As a CM I never questioned it, I never looked down on them, but one time, during a ride breakdown at Big Thunder, someone with a "walking disability" was able to walk ALL the way down the second lift, over the ride track, through the underside of the mountain, and out to her wheelchair, where she sat down and was wheeled away.

Due to disability law, we are not able to confront or ask about it...ever. But I can tell you this. ALOT of other guests on the ride who saw this person skip the 55 minute wait and then was able to walk through off the ride without an issue, well they were very upset.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

We beat ya and I'm not bragg'n. From 50's for Mothers Day to 90 today, nutty.
    Yea, I believe we're trending a little cooler than usual for this time of year. We had t-storms overnight and this morning and the rain is more than welcome in these parts. Just cloudy right now. Supposed to get up to 83. Supposed to be mid-80's tomorrow, low 90's on half-day Friday.
    Enjoying the cooler weather 'cause it'll be in the triple digits again down here soon enough.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

So very sorry to hear that Gabe.
    Prayers to his family and friends and your DS.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

i-neighborhood Guest

So, now this "Despicable (outrageous) Disney Scheme" spin story has made its way up from the bottom of Yahoo News to a feature top story on the homepage story tickler.
    This goes back to one of the previous posts I made about this story and I truly believe this story is the true fraud to use the Disney name to promote someone's book.
    What there alleging is fraud in my opinion is not fraud. But this story is.
    Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

This story muddles the abuses and in my opinion is giving front page to a way to abuse the system, and I'm not talking about hiring a disabled person, in order for this person's book to gain attention. This is the real scheme is this reporter and the author of the book. Perhaps the author and the reporter should close the blinds in their glass house and perhaps Disney should consider the scheme they perpetuate for profit with their pay for guided tour that achieves the same outcome as a person with a legitimate disability making a dollar.
    Last edited by i-neighborhood; 05-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

The GAC card has become a real issue and Disney has yet to find a way to right that sinking ship.

I don't like messing with Karma. My DD fell at AKL and needed a wheelchair for a chunk of that trip but we didn't request a DAC card. She could walk short distances, every time we tried to just get in the regular line we kept being re-routed by CMs to the alternative entrance, it was kinda uneasy, she was hurt, you could visibly see it but we were surprised. CMs were so nice to her.
    When I went in November, I did one day with out my walking boot and had the rest of t he week in it but I did not get the card because I felt like I was "using" the system because I was able to walk and stand. If CMs noticed then they would try to get my family to use a different entrance but we declined because it did not feel like. I was use to being in because of marching a whole season with it. The CMs were stock that I declined their offer.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫