Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 214 of 541 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 8103
Like Tree4888Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood I should say so. There is a wonderful grocery store in route to my Folks house about 5 miles out from there. Not only do they ...
  1. #3196
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I should say so.
    There is a wonderful grocery store in route to my Folks house about 5 miles out from there. Not only do they have a huge variety of the normal, they have extensive meat, deli, seafood counters. But what makes them stand out is their ready to eat areas. Artful made to order sandwiches, pan pizza, flat pizza all in a stone oven before you, meatloaf, ribs, sushi bar. A creative bakery/fresh bread aroma & donuts, coffee shop, hand prepared specialty salad shop, home cooked meals, drool, large floral shop, liquor area/room temp and cold room, gelato stand, cheese room. They squeeze orange juice around the clock and bottle before your eyes and the smell is out of this world. Likely forgetting other stuff.

    They have staff out the wazoo dressed in black pants, crisp white shirts and black dress ties. They are payed more than average and have benefits. Everyone is polite, asks if they can help you as they pass you and says hello. When I am missing WDW food, this is my lets pretend. And all that at about 1/3 less to 1/2 of WDW. Their prices unlike Whole Foods are pretty cheap which brings in so many customers.





    As you check out there is always a pianist playing the grand piano.

    During warm weather, outside they BBQ HotDogs, Brats, Burgers to go. Slurp.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  2. #3197
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Oh that looks sooo good. We have a bakery, I won't name it, that was similar, not quite as extensive as the place you describe, but you could get Scachatta (cold bakery pizza on a special dough) fired pizzas, yellow rice and chicken, deli sandwiches and of course almost any cake, cookie or other bakery item. Any day of any season you could walk in and buy and number of cakes or pies.

    Now, they're just a skeleton of what they use to offer, economy, and offer a smaller deli and a select group of bakery items. All the rest is gone.

    But you are making me want to go to the store in route to your Folks. To they grill the meatloaf? How do they make it?


    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    There is a wonderful grocery store in route to my Folks house about 5 miles out from there. Not only do they have a huge variety of the normal, they have extensive meat, deli, seafood counters. But what makes them stand out is their ready to eat areas. Artful made to order sandwiches, pan pizza, flat pizza all in a stone oven before you, meatloaf, ribs, sushi bar. A creative bakery/fresh bread aroma & donuts, coffee shop, hand prepared specialty salad shop, home cooked meals, drool, large floral shop, liquor area/room temp and cold room, gelato stand, cheese room. They squeeze orange juice around the clock and bottle before your eyes and the smell is out of this world. Likely forgetting other stuff.

    They have staff out the wazoo dressed in black pants, crisp white shirts and black dress ties. They are payed more than average and have benefits. Everyone is polite, asks if they can help you as they pass you and says hello. When I am missing WDW food, this is my lets pretend. And all that at about 1/3 less to 1/2 of WDW. Their prices unlike Whole Foods are pretty cheap which brings in so many customers.





    As you check out there is always a pianist playing the grand piano.

    During warm weather, outside they BBQ HotDogs, Brats, Burgers to go. Slurp.

  3. #3198
    wallfan329's Avatar
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,221

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Today is my last day at my internship. I really do not want to leave it. Everyone there is amazing. I only dislike one person that I have met ( that is the owner... he is like 85). I love the craziness that happens there and the fast past. I guess I will be applying for a summer job there later.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

  4. #3199
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm hungry.





    And why do you have to make me hungry about it... just because?

  5. #3200
    wallfan329's Avatar
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,221

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Meet with 8th graders about church group =done
    Got my 40 hours = done
    Ate something other then cereal bars and ice cream = done
    Cried a little because this is my last summer with my youth group = done
    Almost cried from leaving internship= not done
    Get a job from summer = done
    Cant wait to work this summer= fact


    Its been a good day
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

  6. #3201
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Disney Blitz on Destination America
    Disney Blitz with new update on New Fantasy Land on Destination America Channel

  7. #3202
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    If I was going to attend a 24 hour MK visit like the one starting Friday, I would need one of those Segways or golf carts, otherwise geepers.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

  8. #3203
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    If I was going to attend a 24 hour MK visit like the one starting Friday, I would need one of those Segways or golf carts, otherwise geepers.
    Oh go! Even for just a little while. My DS worked but closed the 24 hours and returned to work without sleep the next morning went about 40 hours without sleep. Given his role quite amazing. Cool shirt this year too!
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  9. #3204
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Meet with 8th graders about church group =done
    Got my 40 hours = done
    Ate something other then cereal bars and ice cream = done
    Cried a little because this is my last summer with my youth group = done
    Almost cried from leaving internship= not done
    Get a job from summer = done
    Cant wait to work this summer= fact


    Its been a good day
    Made me smile! Proud of you!
    wallfan329 and i-neighborhood like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  10. #3205
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Oh that looks sooo good. We have a bakery, I won't name it, that was similar, not quite as extensive as the place you describe, but you could get Scachatta (cold bakery pizza on a special dough) fired pizzas, yellow rice and chicken, deli sandwiches and of course almost any cake, cookie or other bakery item. Any day of any season you could walk in and buy and number of cakes or pies.

    Now, they're just a skeleton of what they use to offer, economy, and offer a smaller deli and a select group of bakery items. All the rest is gone.

    But you are making me want to go to the store in route to your Folks. To they grill the meatloaf? How do they make it?
    I believe the meatloaf is partially baked then polished off on the grill, just a guess though. I believe that is what they also do with the pizza due to the sheer volume. The pizza is amazing, on Thursdays a pan, 6 huge squares is $10 plus a 2 liter of Pepsi included.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  11. #3206
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    If I was going to attend a 24 hour MK visit like the one starting Friday, I would need one of those Segways or golf carts, otherwise geepers.
    If I was sleeping on me time, and not me at WDW time, I know this would be pushing it but I think I could make it to 6:00 AM.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

  12. #3207
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh go! Even for just a little while. My DS worked but closed the 24 hours and returned to work without sleep the next morning went about 40 hours without sleep. Given his role quite amazing. Cool shirt this year too!
    YOLO... Oh no i'm sorry... hash tag.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

  13. #3208
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    You know know city's are getting bigger every year, so I think that Milwaukee and Chicago will spill into each other, and we will become one city, and we will have one cr@py baseball team!

  14. #3209
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    If I was sleeping on me time, and not me at WDW time, I know this would be pushing it but I think I could make it to 6:00 AM.
    I could make it but my feet wouldn't
    nicholas likes this.

  15. #3210
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    You've managed to make me hungry this morning. MMmm that meatloaf sounds good, it all sounds good I wish there was a place near here like that. Oh I guess I'll makes some coffee now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I believe the meatloaf is partially baked then polished off on the grill, just a guess though. I believe that is what they also do with the pizza due to the sheer volume. The pizza is amazing, on Thursdays a pan, 6 huge squares is $10 plus a 2 liter of Pepsi included.

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts ?
    By tiggerguy in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 42019
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. Positive thoughts this way please...
    By BethBreakey in forum Prayers & Pixie Dust
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. More Random Thoughts
    By tiggerguy in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 49213
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 12:01 PM
  4. Yay for incredibly bored randomness!!
    By dougitmcnuggit in forum Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. VMK and Ebay what are your thoughts
    By DisneyFREAK91 in forum Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •