Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 237 of 505 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 7573
Like Tree4706Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; I like this. Working for the Gov can be a challenge and many people that work in front line positions have to take heat all day from unhappy customers and ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

I like this. Working for the Gov can be a challenge and many people that work in front line positions have to take heat all day from unhappy customers and a lot of people think they make a ton of money and have cushy job not realizing that most of these people are human just like us and get a 1 percent raise if they're lucky every couple of years and as of recent are forced to take unpaid furlough days, and here in Florida thanks to the Great Scott, Rick Scott, they now have to pay for their own retirement and increased premiums.

I think a lot of them just want to give the cart away to other hard working people.

In this instance, I don't k now what happens but its sounds like the way the real world should operate. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Somethings amiss...
    I have NEVER had such a pleasant time EVER at the DPS (Dept. of Public Safety - same thing as DMV) in my entire life. This may, quite likely, be the first time in history that the previous sentence has ever even been written.
    It actually looked a little crowded when we walked in, but not too bad. We were at the first desk in about 5 minutes. We joked with the guy, and there was NO mention of the $100 fine for it being expired so long on top of the $25 renewal fee. We were given a number and some paperwork. No sooner had we st down and I started to fill it out, my number was called. The lady at the window was a hoot, too! Again, NO mention of the fine. Took the eye test (still 20/20 ), they snapped my pic, handed me the receipt and we were outta' there in less than 20 minutes. WTH...?!?!?!
    Like I said, somethings amiss...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yea, A bit of a surprise when I noticed. I coulda' swore I had a coupla' more years to go on it.

BTW...
    Just how OLD is your DH that he got carded...?!?!?!?!
    Giggle. Target and Walmart card for every liquor purchase here. Target scans it, Walmart just looks at it. Sams says something like carding anyone under 40ish. DH was so miffed that they wouldn't sell him wine when he got home. One of my roles is to take care of all paperwork, taxes, bills, you name it however that is one of the things I can't do.....he use to hate the grocery store, now doesn't mind. I hate grocery shopping, gladly toss it over any chance I get.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Disclaimer: the following statement is intended for Gabe and is meant to be extremely sarcastic or humorous or maybe even a mini mockumentary. Viewer discretion is advised: Gabe, uh, i've never seen Target or Walmart card here, that's so strange. I don't know why you shop at those stores when you put them down like this. THE END OF STATEMENT.
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Giggle. Target and Walmart card for every liquor purchase here. Target scans it, Walmart just looks at it. Sams says something like carding anyone under 40ish. DH was so miffed that they wouldn't sell him wine when he got home. One of my roles is to take care of all paperwork, taxes, bills, you name it however that is one of the things I can't do.....he use to hate the grocery store, now doesn't mind. I hate grocery shopping, gladly toss it over any chance I get.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I like this. Working for the Gov can be a challenge and many people that work in front line positions have to take heat all day from unhappy customers and a lot of people think they make a ton of money and have cushy job not realizing that most of these people are human just like us and get a 1 percent raise if they're lucky every couple of years and as of recent are forced to take unpaid furlough days, and here in Florida thanks to the Great Scott, Rick Scott, they now have to pay for their own retirement and increased premiums.

I think a lot of them just want to give the cart away to other hard working people.

In this instance, I don't k now what happens but its sounds like the way the real world should operate. Right.
    Right now employers have the upper hand. As the economy starts to recover it should bounce back the other way again. Our state is doing that battle right now over pensions. No matter what they decide it will be an ugly court battle. The one thing I have noticed is on a whole Gov employees are better in more rural areas on a whole. When my son lived in Central IL and I had to fix a money matter with the school or utility they had a much better attitude in general. Now my DD is in a rural county yet a Micro-Urban area because of the University.
    Snarky group.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    Disclaimer: the following statement is intended for Gabe and is meant to be extremely sarcastic or humorous or maybe even a mini mockumentary. Viewer discretion is advised: Gabe, uh, i've never seen Target or Walmart card here, that's so strange. I don't know why you shop at those stores when you put them down like this. THE END OF STATEMENT.
    Well done! Well done!

Now put something similar to this disclaimer into your signature. That way you won't be taken so seriously.
    Perhaps?
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

And don't feel to bad about humor, it is lost on many. A few weeks back a long time member posted humorously about PIN and banks, it had all the signs of humor when read unless you were sitting on the clutch waiting to pounce. He finally gave up defending his humorous post too. You are just the latest Mouse to be caught in the cats clutches.

How is it the Pup takes up more room in this bed than two adult?

Early day, sleep needed.

i-neighborhood Guest

Ya know, this thread might be a fairly safe thread, of course now that I say it...

PIN and banks reminds me of this Seinfeld episode and his bank PIN number.
    Bosco

And don't feel to bad about humor, it is lost on many. A few weeks back a long time member posted humorously about PIN and banks, it had all the signs of humor when read unless you were sitting on the clutch waiting to pounce. He finally gave up defending his humorous post too. You are just the latest Mouse to be caught in the cats clutches.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Morning folks! Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness the other night! It was great!!
    ...But the game was poop!

i-neighborhood Guest

i-neighborhood Guest

ANOTHER GOOD HUMOR DISCLAIMER VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED This is what MORE NOISE sounds like

I'm really looking forward to Monsters. Hope it doesn't disappoint, love the first one!
    IMO there is a 99.999% chance that it will not disappoint. I also don't get why people say Disney bought Star Wars, and now it's the end of the world because Disney is going to bleep it all up. What I say to you is, wasn't it already bleeped up with the last three movies. And if you say Disney won't do anything good with Star Wars, then you have never seen a Disney movie.

Won't be the first time Disney was sued over one of their films. Will be interesting to see how this one ends.
    When was the last time?