Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 26 of 505 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 7568
Like Tree4703Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Having difficulties staying focused on household tasks today....
  1. #376
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,225

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Having difficulties staying focused on household tasks today.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  2. #377
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    16,529

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Gabe
    were you watching Live with Kelly and Michael by any chance?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

  3. #378
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,225

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    I flipped out at a meeting this week at presentation from educators more or less giving excuses as to why individual test scores that track students progress throughout the school year were pretty sucidoodles. Lack of parent involvement, not being vested in their students education the root of the flat scores. Oy.

    I would have only been mildly ticked off if administration had not just stated the epidemic of helicopter parents within the district.

    I lost it. Yeah, that was me.
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  4. #379
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,225

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Gabe
    were you watching Live with Kelly and Michael by any chance?
    Yep, I was looking the purchasing info up for the bacon lovers in my house.
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  5. #380
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I flipped out at a meeting this week at presentation from educators more or less giving excuses as to why individual test scores that track students progress throughout the school year were pretty sucidoodles. Lack of parent involvement, not being vested in their students education the root of the flat scores. Oy.

    I would have only been mildly ticked off if administration had not just stated the epidemic of helicopter parents within the district.

    I lost it. Yeah, that was me.

    Don't get me started on the Florida school system. They haven't taught spelling for 4 years and now its part of FCAT Test Scoring, well how can the make up in less than one year what they haven't been taught the past 4 years and all these years when I complained they said they didn't want to discourage kids from writing. and when I would try to enforce spelling at home it was a battle because my son said he was told all he has to know is how to sound it out.
    nicholas likes this.

  6. #381
    fungus_01's Avatar
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of warmer temperatures
    Posts
    7,814

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Having difficulties staying focused on household tasks today.
    Me too! Must be something in the air...of the fact that it's almost the weekend



    *2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

  7. #382
    fungus_01's Avatar
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of warmer temperatures
    Posts
    7,814

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep, I was looking the purchasing info up for the bacon lovers in my house.
    Oh do tell! I love bacon! (and my birthday is on Monday.... )
    nicholas likes this.



    *2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

  8. #383
    fungus_01's Avatar
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dreaming of warmer temperatures
    Posts
    7,814

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Trying to figure out what to wear to dinner with my hubby tonight...thought I knew but I can't find the skirt I want in my closet...



    *2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

  9. #384
    wallfan329's Avatar
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,129

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Today was a good day....Woke up to find that my brother got me a Starbucks tea and had it in the fridge for me. Then I went to school and hung out /texted my best friend (I want to ask him to Prom so badly) and did nothing in my classes. Then I ate lunch with boy and hung out with him in band. Then walked him to 5th hour and hung out with my 3 best friends. Then went to dumb 6th hour and then we had our lip syncs (Its were classes take song/movie/tv clips and act them out...its the start of spirit week!). So my Valentines day has been amazing. *Who said you need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to have a good Valentines day*.
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015


    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

  10. #385
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    16,529

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    this post is to freak people out
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

  11. #386
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I flipped out at a meeting this week at presentation from educators more or less giving excuses as to why individual test scores that track students progress throughout the school year were pretty sucidoodles. Lack of parent involvement, not being vested in their students education the root of the flat scores. Oy.

    I would have only been mildly ticked off if administration had not just stated the epidemic of helicopter parents within the district.

    I lost it. Yeah, that was me.
    I think that's awesome of you Gabe!

  12. #387
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post

    Don't get me started on the Florida school system. They haven't taught spelling for 4 years and now its part of FCAT Test Scoring, well how can the make up in less than one year what they haven't been taught the past 4 years and all these years when I complained they said they didn't want to discourage kids from writing. and when I would try to enforce spelling at home it was a battle because my son said he was told all he has to know is how to sound it out.
    Everybody has bad schools these day's. I thought that Wisconsin has the worst but when you look at the news there are people worse off then kids here. Good thing i'm homeschooled!
    Last edited by nicholas; 02-14-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

  13. #388
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Oh do tell! I love bacon! (and my birthday is on Monday.... )
    So that is 5 tons of bacon to fungus's house. Now what's your address?
    fungus_01 likes this.

  14. #389
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Today was a good day....Woke up to find that my brother got me a Starbucks tea and had it in the fridge for me. Then I went to school and hung out /texted my best friend (I want to ask him to Prom so badly) and did nothing in my classes. Then I ate lunch with boy and hung out with him in band. Then walked him to 5th hour and hung out with my 3 best friends. Then went to dumb 6th hour and then we had our lip syncs (Its were classes take song/movie/tv clips and act them out...its the start of spirit week!). So my Valentines day has been amazing. *Who said you need to have a boyfriend/girlfriend to have a good Valentines day*.
    You make it sound so easy...

  15. #390
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    this post is to freak people out
    You got me!

Similar Threads

  1. Random Thoughts ?
    By tiggerguy in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 42019
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. Positive thoughts this way please...
    By BethBreakey in forum Prayers & Pixie Dust
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. More Random Thoughts
    By tiggerguy in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 49213
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 12:01 PM
  4. Yay for incredibly bored randomness!!
    By dougitmcnuggit in forum Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. VMK and Ebay what are your thoughts
    By DisneyFREAK91 in forum Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •