Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 273 of 541 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 8107
Like Tree4888Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Thanks, but not my kitchen. It is just the two colors I picked to paint my retro kitchen. My cabinets are stained wood, cause my DH ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Thanks, but not my kitchen. It is just the two colors I picked to paint my retro kitchen. My cabinets are stained wood, cause my DH would kill me if I painted cabinets and my appliances are modern though I wish I had a 50's stove/oven. Those were so cool. I also had put in a retro kitchen flooring. I sew very well, my Gran taught me (she came to the country after WWI and worked in labor sweatshop as a seamstress when she was a young woman) so I made retro drapes for my kitchen to tie the new floor and paint together. The cabinets are old, solid wood that have been totally refinished and new hardware/handles hinges to reflect the era. It came together quite nicely.

My Mom hasn't seen it yet, she will hate it.
    It sounds like your mom is as nice as my Grandma. Also I'm just wondering, where did your Grandma live before WW1?

Stanley Cup Hockey is stressful!
    A lot more stressful then a 6-0 win.

[QUOTE=HauntedGabe;1038534]
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I'm not kidding, just watch it.

That peanut butter is a weird color.
    I can tell that you didn't watch the video.

It is raining like there's no tomorrow.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I would not trade my childhood for an iPad.
    Neither would I. I grew up as a child in the early 90s, and I loved watching Saturday Morning Disney before heading to gymnastics. Going up the street (we lived in a cul de sac), and knocking on a friend's door and asking if they were allowed to come out and play. Riding my bike around the neighbourhood, and buying $1s worth of lollies. Summer holidays, getting up early and going to straight the local swimming pool with friends, or going down to the river. Rollerskating, and later on, rollerblading around the bike paths. Always having to be home by 5, and Mum used to make sure I had 40c for a phone call.

So many good memories, that today's kids just can't compete with. I'm glad we didn't have all that technology 20 years ago!!
    wallfan329 and nicholas like this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Sera, I grew up in the 1960's and thought the same things of the kids in the 90's
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That was a perfect succession of posts. First Sera makes me feel really old for having grown up in the 70's, but then Brian makes it all better.
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Unless you had to do rabbit ear yoga in order to watch Television, you haven't really lived.

Though sometimes you had to pull out the big guns and grab the aluminum foil...

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Unless you had to do rabbit ear yoga in order to watch Television, you haven't really lived.

Though sometimes you had to pull out the big guns and grab the aluminum foil...
    Up until '96, dad still had a TV with legs, and dial to change channels. No remote.
    Mo Noyz and nicholas like this.

I can't get over how much it has changed in 20 years. At 9, I had my own CD/tape player, which I thought was pretty cool. Now I know plenty of kids as young as 4 who have their own ipod/laptop/TV/ipad. What happened to kids making their own entertainment and going outside to play? Reading a book? Using their imagination, instead of sitting in front of a screen all the time.
    nicholas likes this.

Best Father's Day ever!!!

Evilduckqueen likes this.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I would not trade my childhood for an iPad.
    Me either, EVER.
    I was born on Oct. 20th '62, right smack in the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis (mom and pop thinkin' "We've got a child due in a few days, and we don't even know if there'll be a world left to bring it into."), so I grew up during the '60s and '70s. What a time! We played outside ALL the time and invented many of our own games. We'd disappear into the foothills on our bikes on a summer mornin' with just enough lawn mowin' money in our pockets to get a burrito or a burger, although we usually chose candy instead , or somethin', and not return 'til after dark. Mom knew we'd be back as soon as our tumblies were thoroughly Rumbly.
    So many other memories! Like I said, what a time...!
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 06-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    nicholas likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Neither would I. I grew up as a child in the early 90s, and I loved watching Saturday Morning Disney before heading to gymnastics. Going up the street (we lived in a cul de sac), and knocking on a friend's door and asking if they were allowed to come out and play. Riding my bike around the neighbourhood, and buying $1s worth of lollies. Summer holidays, getting up early and going to straight the local swimming pool with friends, or going down to the river. Rollerskating, and later on, rollerblading around the bike paths. Always having to be home by 5, and Mum used to make sure I had 40c for a phone call.

So many good memories, that today's kids just can't compete with. I'm glad we didn't have all that technology 20 years ago!!
    You say that kids these days can't compete with what you guys did... Well this summer I'm going to jump off my house a live to tell you about it.

No I'm not, but that's what kids these days do to have fun it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Up until '96, dad still had a TV with legs, and dial to change channels. No remote.
    Gasp

Quote Originally Posted by evilduckqueen View Post
    i can't get over how much it has changed in 20 years. At 9, i had my own cd/tape player, which i thought was pretty cool. Now i know plenty of kids as young as 4 who have their own ipod/laptop/tv/ipad. What happened to kids making their own entertainment and going outside to play? Reading a book? Using their imagination, instead of sitting in front of a screen all the time.
    You can go outside!?!?!?!?
    Evilduckqueen likes this.