Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 302 of 546 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 8189
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; I want to go to AussieLand...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

I want to go to AussieLand

Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Traffic has really gone down on this site...I think the last "upgrade" killed it.
    What was the upgrade? You mean the latest vBulletin release?

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah. Before that time the board was jammed with new posts...now I click it and more times than not it says: "no new posts in last 24 hours".
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I remember a few posters coming in and bumping every game thread on the site which led to 3 pages worth of new posts. Those guys don't show up anymore which made a huge difference.

I had two friends from here that asked to have their accounts deleted. The one girl was heading off to college and said she just wouldn't have the time to post anymore, and I think the other one was having a child, maybe? Can't recall.

I just think the viability of the online bulletin board is starting to fade with some much real-time social media at everyone's fingertips these days. I started one up the Friday before last as a refugee camp for a Jazz board we frequented that shuttered July 1st. So far so good, but we also had a built in audience for that.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

the advent of FB and other sites like it has definitely put a damper on things
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I don't agree that social media is the reason why the participation has dwindled from this sight.

Fans are still drawn to popular Disney Fans sights where there is high traffic still even with other social media available. One of the other sight I play on has a good chunk of our former active members, ones that were here and very active 5+ years ago, still are, just not here. There, I just looked, participation on has 39 different threads in the last 59 minutes under New Posts and 140 threads since 9am.

While Disney is in the name of all the sights I visit, they have evolved to cover Orlando parks and nobody melts down over it as the other parks are part of many peoples vacations to Orlando. For the most part the vast majority of members are respectful of others opinions and are genuinely nice to each other even when their opinions differ. The topics get heated but posts are not allowed to be derogatory. And that is what has changed in addition to the last upgrade not going so well. I have had friends that have bolted in the last year from here that still post elsewhere, in addition to Facebook and other sights, it wasn't FB that made them leave this forum. If you look at their posts over their final weeks, you real answer. The draw originally was a state of the art forum and Family Friendly.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Yeah, it's certainly part of the equation.

But, there are a lot of factors. Take the two Jazz boards I attended the past decade. Both were vibrant and full of new posts and posters. Then one just had people slowly start leaving, while the other board thrived. Some of those who left went to the other board, others created their own board. Both are doing well.

Then, I start up a board a little over a week ago for small group that remained at the forum that was closing, and a week later we've got 61 members (many of which had left the other board years ago) and we're averaging over 100 new posts per day. Yet, most of these people had left the old board and lost touch with those who were left. Not mention the old board, at best, usually saw 10-20 new posts a day.

Bizarre.

People come and people go. Their reasons are their own.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Supposed to storm tonight.....

You're making me want ice cream now, but it's too cold for it!
    nicholas likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I went and saw The Lone Ranger last week. Such a fantastic movie!! Johnny Depp is brilliant, as always.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Saw Monsters U yesterday. Another homerun for Pixar. I have to admit it started off slowly, but picked up steam later on.

And the animation team took their art to whole new levels for this one. The opening short, The Blue Umbrella, is unlike any other short they've done before. And it really has you asking "is it live, or is it Memorex" throughout.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Saw Monsters U yesterday. Another homerun for Pixar. I have to admit it started off slowly, but picked up steam later on.

And the animation team took their art to whole new levels for this one. The opening short, The Blue Umbrella, is unlike any other short they've done before. And it really has you asking "is it live, or is it Memorex" throughout.
    these are the comments I just heard on the Inside the Magic podcast I just listened to
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Yeah, it actually takes a little time to realize you're watching the Pixar short. Very brilliantly done. As for the movie, the way they portrayed natural sunlight and shadows was just awe-inspiring.

This movie gives me reason to believe Finding Dory might work out just fine.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Pudding in a can.

I had them in my lunch box everyday. Didn't find the lids to be so child safe.
    My mom says that her mom made her drink V8.

Colored ketchup!

I don't think I want green ketchup.

Supposed to storm tonight.....

Just like every night this summer, oh well at least today is a good day.