Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 316 of 547 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 8192
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; I am a casual Marlins fan and that game was interminable. I listened on the radio for half and watched the rest on TV. I hate pitching duels. On the ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

I am a casual Marlins fan and that game was interminable. I listened on the radio for half and watched the rest on TV. I hate pitching duels. On the bright side our stadium has air conditioning.
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

The dorm shopping keeps adding up
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

I took and passed the test to be on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" today. They were here in Broward County today. I'll know in three weeks if I get picked to be on the show.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Are you a runner?
    I used to be able to do a 2 mile run in just over 12 minutes when i was 45 lbs lighter in the Army!!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

I see a few signs for your collection Fro!

I like em all, but there are definitely 2 special ones in there for me
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Don't you hate getting stuck by a train on your way home from work?

Made me giggle.
    OH EM GEE! At least twice a week I would sit in this very spot stuck behind the train. Good times!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Where are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I like em all, but there are definitely 2 special ones in there for me

FYI-From the Disney Parks Blog

Looking for a Sign – New Vintage Signage Program Arrives at Disney Parks

posted on July 18th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I recently spent a few days at Disneyland Resort taking pictures of signs. I loved the assignment because it wasn’t a far cry from what I like to do in my spare time (I’ve spent countless hours in search of great roadside signage from the past). At Disney Parks, there are plenty of awesome signs that advertise attractions, food and beverage locations, merchandise stops and more. A few months ago, the arts and collectibles team introduced a new art program inspired by these signs. The program has been so popular that I was never able to capture images in locations until this past week. I caught up with senior merchandiser David Whitaker to learn more.

“The sign program has been wildly popular with guests,” exclaimed David. “We wanted to offer oversized replicas of Disney Parks’ signs printed on wood-like material or metal. This program takes its cue from a recent marketplace trend of reproducing vintage signage. Fortunately, we had plenty of options for us at Disney Parks. The fun part was selecting the most iconic signs for this first program.”
    David worked with Walt Disney Imagineering and Disney Design Group to create these oversized replica signs. In some cases, they reproduced the sign almost exactly how it looks at Disney Parks (see my favorite – Aloha Isle Refreshments – for a great example). In the case of the sign for Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, the art team combined elements to create the final sign.

“We took the attraction sign and combined it with shields found both on the Adventureland bridge in Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and on the attraction building in Disneyland park in California,” explained David. “I thought the addition of the shields made the sign more aesthetically pleasing.”

The signs are currently offered at the Art of Disney location in Downtown Disney Marketplace and Animation Gallery at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There are also two Disney•Pixar’s “Cars“-inspired signs found at select locations in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park. Finally, you may also find the Gaston’s Tavern sign inNew Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.
    David said they intend to have some of these signs offered at the Disneyland Resort at a future date. There are, however, no immediate plans to carry them via the Disney Parks online store.
    Now all I need is a replica Dole Whip machine and I’m all set!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I used to be able to do a 2 mile run in just over 12 minutes when i was 45 lbs lighter in the Army!!
    Keep jogging 2 miles at any speed and you'll be 45# lighter in no time, you are young. Then again, who wants to run in the heat and humidity we've had lately. I'd have to do the January marathon in Disney. I hate running though.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I took and passed the test to be on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" today. They were here in Broward County today. I'll know in three weeks if I get picked to be on the show.
    So excited for you! Let us know what happens!
    MartianCrab likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    The dorm shopping keeps adding up
    Amen! And let me tell you, there is always something more to be purchased the following years too. My DD went from a double to a single dorm room her 2nd year so we had plenty to purchase that year too.

I rent a storage locker down at her school every summer, did that with my sons university before that. This Momma is happy for one more year and done. Amen. We have two kids, how the heck large families save for college is beyond me. Even with scholarships it is still a boatload of money and the overlapping years with 2 in college was downright painful.

Cast Members at Epcot, United Kingdom pavilion announced the Royal Birth.

nicholas and froland_04-08 like this.

Re: the "royal" baby; I can barely understand why anyone in England would care...the rest of the world swooning over it makes no sense to me at all. Does it have something to do with women who wanted to be princesses when they were little girls? The whole concept of royalty sickens me.
    nicholas likes this.

Amen! And let me tell you, there is always something more to be purchased the following years too. My DD went from a double to a single dorm room her 2nd year so we had plenty to purchase that year too.

I rent a storage locker down at her school every summer, did that with my sons university before that. This Momma is happy for one more year and done. Amen. We have two kids, how the heck large families save for college is beyond me. Even with scholarships it is still a boatload of money and the overlapping years with 2 in college was downright painful.
    The storage locker is a good idea.

I am not sure how big families save for college. My mom and dad had the hardest time with me and my brother and my area is really stiff about giving out scholarships. My brother did not get any (from different organizations around town) and I got one (it is 500 dollars which is nice but I had to take a music class to get it.) Then I am getting about 1200 for getting over a 21 on my ACT from Kent and 150 dollar one for being in band. In the scope of my 2 years there at 24000 a year is nothing, then once I go to UCF, it is going to be about 32000. Like my friend she has 5 younger siblings and I have no idea how they are going to get 5 kids through college.

Then I have a friend who sits and complains to me about how her college is 4000 a semester (she is driving to classes and going to a branch of the college)
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Guess who got a Mac Book? This girl

Guess who does not know how to work it... This girl
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla

Name:  4-up on 7-23-13 at 7.38 PM (compiled).jpg
Views: 53
Size:  144.1 KB

I did figure out how to use Photo Booth =P
    Mckayla