Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 318 of 528 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 7907
Like Tree4840Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Nick... Do you have season tickets to Brewers games??? I feel like you are always at a game....
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Nick... Do you have season tickets to Brewers games??? I feel like you are always at a game.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Re: the "royal" baby; I can barely understand why anyone in England would care...the rest of the world swooning over it makes no sense to me at all. Does it have something to do with women who wanted to be princesses when they were little girls? The whole concept of royalty sickens me.
    I believe the Royals are a hard concept for us to understand as we don't have anything similar in the USA.
    I worked with two gentleman from England that took the day off way in advance when Charles and Diana were married, it was a big deal to them. They watched all of the festivities of the Wedding on TV that day and were just bursting with excitement, so I don't believe the Royal watch is limited to woman or girls dreaming of being Princesses.

I have more tolerance for the Royal traditions that I do with our own strange behaviors, like stalking band members or TV/Movie stars. The Royals come out of decades of traditions and respect, we here have the odd ones that stalk weddings, births and bands peeps. That I can't wrap my brain around. Yet if they didn't care about the Royals across the pond, likely Princess Diana would like still be alive to see the birth of her Grandchild.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    The storage locker is a good idea.

I am not sure how big families save for college. My mom and dad had the hardest time with me and my brother and my area is really stiff about giving out scholarships. My brother did not get any (from different organizations around town) and I got one (it is 500 dollars which is nice but I had to take a music class to get it.) Then I am getting about 1200 for getting over a 21 on my ACT from Kent and 150 dollar one for being in band. In the scope of my 2 years there at 24000 a year is nothing, then once I go to UCF, it is going to be about 32000. Like my friend she has 5 younger siblings and I have no idea how they are going to get 5 kids through college.

Then I have a friend who sits and complains to me about how her college is 4000 a semester (she is driving to classes and going to a branch of the college)
    On average college has doubled every ten years. It is outpacing inflation by leaps and bounds. My DD instate University is around $32,000 in her chosen college of that University, it does vary by major. My son started out at a private college that was around $33,000 but they knocked off around $8000 in scholarships. He transferred to a State University and the tuition came down about $10,000.

But when my DD narrowed down her choices between this school and Tulane, Tulane was about $55,000 grand total and she would have had over a 3/4 scholarship because she had a high ACT score. As our legislators were messing with the Fed rate for student loans over the last month I bet there were students and parents across the land that just want to go to WDC and pinch them real, real hard.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Guess who got a Mac Book? This girl

Guess who does not know how to work it... This girl
    Have fun learning!

disney macbook decal on Etsy, a global handmade and vintage marketplace.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I just logged on to post the picture of the decal that I bought off of Etsy. I love that website so much. I also bought buttons for a craft project.
    Name:  1069969_10201680591605379_890996930_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  52.3 KB
    That is the decal I bought
    nicholas likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Attachment 5427

I did figure out how to use Photo Booth =P
    Good color for you McKayla! Brings out your eyes!
    wallfan329 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I saw a commercial the other day, this law firm is claiming to be able to win cases of people overdosing on Tylenol....apparently they can prove the manufacturer responsible for someone elses bad choices. Can you believe that?
    Yeah, there is more to those law suits not as simple as bad choices. It use to be the pain reliever of choice. My Sis is involved in one of suits on behalf of a family member of her husbands. There is a good likelihood she will win the suit but given the age of the man (it matters because of the amount of years he would have likely would have had left on average) the final award will be less than some of the younger peoples awards. But on the flip side the family won't have to pay legal fees with my Sis handling it on behalf of the estate.

Drugs scare the jabberers out of me. Have you read or listened on TV to the side effects of some of these pills? Lordie.

I am put in my first hard spot for college. I got an email from the band director and how he is describing it is not like how it was described to me at my orientation. I am not sure what I want to do now.

Ahhhhhhhh! Do you have an advisor you can reach?

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Hello!!! It has been so long. I have been real busy and its all good!
    Hi Gae!

I think I am going to drop band. For how hard it is for me to do this. It is not worth the stress it is going to put on me throughout the seamester. I have to try out and that is when they decided if I am good enough to be in the show. If I am not then I sit in the stands the for the whole game and not march. Which is not what I want to do.. I am the girl who marched even though my doctor told me not too. Also I can not attend my Freshmen Welcome weekend because it is practice all weekend.
    Follow your gut. You have always had good judgement. Sad though.

BREAKING: Imagination Pavilion to Close

This makes me incredibly sad because I called this area home for almost a year; but in the end, this was one of the most least visited areas of the park. So long Imagination!!
    We spent so much time in Imagination Pavilion when my kids were small. We have a thread on the topic going, you might want to stick that link into that thread too for other members.

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/wdw-t...wn-winter.html

Its really crazy how much of the WDW I was a CM at is changing, with Test Track being changed, and Image closing down.....to the new queue at BTM and the new 3 log dispatch at Splash, and the CBJ being abridged. As much as I want it to stay the same I cant wait to go and experience everything for the first time again.
    Some of the changes are for the best and some of them are really sucidoodles. I've never been a fan of Star Tours however the changes are better. I love Haunted Mansion upgrades and queue. Test Track I waffle on, I wish the rehab fixed the operational issues. Now when the system is down you just get error messages on all the screens and then shoot out to the outside track. Something had to be done with TT but I am not entirely sold that this was the cure. I'm excited for the changes for DHS coming up, sad but understand the need to oust Osborne for progress. Dwarf is what I am waiting to see at the MK. I think that will define FLE for better or for worse. Least excited about, the Princess Hall in the former Snow building. I suggest you walk through Storybook at night, it is charming to look at in the evening, the fireworks isn't a bad view from there either.

I want to create a new thread dedicated to keeping updates on the Imagination closing situation. Where should I put it in the forums? It isnt yet an Attraction of the Past, so I am not sure of where to put it.....
    I linked you to one above but....
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/wdw-t...wn-winter.html

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    I somewhat support this and somewhat do not. I mean what dose The Royal Family do anymore anyways? Sit there and look famous?
    I found it kinda cute. It is the UK pavilion after all and those International program CMs are a long way from home.

Harmless announcement of a new baby in this 'ole world.

I just logged on to post the picture of the decal that I bought off of Etsy. I love that website so much. I also bought buttons for a craft project.
    Name:  1069969_10201680591605379_890996930_n.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  52.3 KB
    That is the decal I bought
    Perfect! It will go with your bed!