Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 327 of 535 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 8011
Like Tree4878Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Thumbs up to our new Pope. He is rattling the conservative groups everywhere. Skip the religious topics and points, this old dude is a rebel, they ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Thumbs up to our new Pope. He is rattling the conservative groups everywhere. Skip the religious topics and points, this old dude is a rebel, they didn't see this coming when the white smoke rose. Enjoying the show.
    I love the new Pope so much.
    nicholas and froland_04-08 like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

I like that the new pope isnt trying to put the Bible into his own context like pontiffs of the past have. I think everyone will really come to enjoy his views on everything!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I love the new Pope so much.

He is a Hoot! I love that 'get over yourselves' attitude.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I like that the new pope isnt trying to put the Bible into his own context like pontiffs of the past have. I think everyone will really come to enjoy his views on everything!
    Yeah, even on the day of his induction the clothing he chose and his simple cross, coming out for more than a wave, he set the tone for, 'I'm Pope, I'll do it my way' I'm enjoying him already. The dude has moxy, I'll give him that!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Two or three miles from my Folks home a new outlet mall opened today. It has a Disney Outlet Store.
    froland_04-08 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Getting my hair done today an in the end mom won the fight. But she said next summer I could do it... like dye it in May and then dye it back to normal for school.
    So what style did you pick for college?

My DD naturally has dirty blonde long, straight hair. Being a swimmer it always needed to be long enough to tie up and then be able to pull that ponytail up into some version of a knot. Dying it wasn't really an option with all the Chlorine 'cause it casted off a green hew with dye.

When she was ready to go off for college the first time she had it cut just below the shoulders and very finely had blonde highlights throughout her hair. She looked so grown up which was odd 'cause she is 21 and most people take her for 15 or 16. It was a good going off to college doo but she quickly learned it was easier to go back to basic long hair being in and out of the pool still.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Two or three miles from my Folks home a new outlet mall opened today. It has a Disney Outlet Store.
    We have a Disney Outlet Store about an hour south from me, at the Woodbury Commons Outlets
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

This new one is a couple minutes from OHare Airport, the other outlet is about an hour due North at the Wisconsin boarder near Lake Michigan and between the two is a regular Disney Store in WoodField Mall. I actually find more at the Outlets than the Disney Store because they have Park overstock.

Had to reboot. Hope it helps.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

So today at the Brewers game is the first day of $10 vouchers for ANYTHING, even food. ($10 is about as much as a soda) Anyways this is because the Brewers are having a down season and because of the whole Ryan Braun thing... And I was looking for a huge and an I'm sorry from him but this will do just as well. The $10 vouchers for anything is going from now to the end of the month.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Disneyland too is doing a big end of summer season push. Discounts on Resort Rooms and free vouchers for meals tied to World of Color preferred seating. Now if we all could just afford the airfare.

Airfare from Ohare has almost doubled to Orlando. $400-$500 range, ouch.
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.

Like this car decal.

Still like the mouse-dog better.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Happy belated birthday Brian!!!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

He is a Hoot! I love that 'get over yourselves' attitude.
    Although I'm Catholic, I haven't been keepin' up with our new pontiff lately. If it's not appropriate to put a link here, it would be much appreciated if someone could send me in the right direction...PM, maybe?
    Thanks, in advance!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

College is a whole new ballgame. My advice after going myself and sending two kids off....

Go in as your current self. Avoid any ostentatious changes until you are settled. Like it or not first impressions mean a great deal when you are meeting all new people, both classmates and professors. There is plenty of time to make yourself visually stand out from the rest of the students if you choose to do so.

One of my DS friends just graduated college, she is really a smart, talented young lady and did so well at her University. Her field is Communications and Public Relations. Upon graduation she has dyed her hair Pink and Orange in contrast with the dark black backdrop of hair. She is getting the first interviews and not any follow up interviews. Everyone but her realizes it is the first impression of her, they are not getting past the hair.

Take a look at the Disney requirements for grooming/hair. It isn't allowed there either. Even the Little Mermaid bright, unnatural red isn't allowed for onstage Cast Members.

Like I said, it is just my advice, but consider giving it a little time before you drastically alter your appearance. These last few weeks at home should be exciting, it likely will not be as exciting the following years as you return from summer break. Enjoy the few weeks you have left with your family. Likely your Mom doesn't want to fight with you, your leaving is likely already hard on her and will be when she leaves you at your dorm.
    MASSIVELY sage advice!!!
    The only thing I have to add...
    Don't walk into The Disney Store with 2 full sleeves (+ everywhere else ) of tats claiming you've been a lifelong Disney fan and know "everything" about it and you just wanna' work at The Store "so bad!"
    Uhmmm.....sure, you know everything about it...
    ~ you know who