Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 352 of 528 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 7911
Like Tree4843Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe OK, back the firetruck up... Is this in addition to your firefighting career or did you make a major life leap? Lol!!! No, this is in ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    OK, back the firetruck up...

Is this in addition to your firefighting career or did you make a major life leap?
    Lol!!! No, this is in addition to the fire dept. I'm a CPR instructor, so I've been getting a small business going teaching CPR, AED, and First Aid. This past week, I obtained my instructor cert. In Advanced Cardiac Life Support. So I'm adding that to the list of classes now.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep, and as those kids age and have interests of their own it becomes more and more complicated. No matter what they became involved in it seemed to require parent involvement somehow. Hours of the day just melt away.
    Exactly right! All 3 of mine are doing things this year, and its every day of the week I think. So with school,homework, and after school activities, yes the hours disappear very quickly!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Just noticed my trip ticker is still going. Need to redo that. Don't know if we are going in 2014 or not. I sure hope so!!

Walt Disney

I have a grand vision of staying at The Contemporary, but have a realistic problem of paying the $ 8100 Disney is requesting to do so!

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My mom and dad toke me to the Fair today. It was so much fun until it started to rain. But I got a super cool lamp for my dorm and so tasty fried food and got to pet sheep,dairy cows (and meat cows), llamas, alpacas, rabbits,pigs, SHEEP!! I miss my dad's cousins farm.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I have a grand vision of staying at The Contemporary, but have a realistic problem of paying the $ 8100 Disney is requesting to do so!
    That is a lot of money!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Does it snow in California?

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Does it snow in California?
    in northern parts it does
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    in northern parts it does
    Ahh, thanks Brian. I've managed to convince (actually didn't take much convincing at all) Adam that we should have a white Christmas in 2 years. Now it is just a matter of where. I've narrowed it down to (but not limited to), NYC, Montreal, Paris, or Scotland (where I have family)

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Not only NoCal, but SoCal too, Sera.
    Mammouth Mountain, June Mountain, Sierra Summit, etc.
    Mountain High is only about 90 mins. from downtown LA off I-15!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Hey! Things are going fine over here. Just busy with work (as usual.). Family is fine. How are things with you guys?
    Very good here too, slice! Or, were you "skillet" and I "slice"?!?! It's been sooo long...!!!
    Anyhoo, I'm back at my old archi. job - even have my old office back, and DW is tearin' up her Payless Shoesource management position. Our yongest graduated from HS this past spring, so they're all out of school now. "Septin' college, and that's a WHOLE other story...! Sooo Glad things are goin' so well for you guys!!!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Just a quick hello. Working today. About to teach last class of the day. Makes for really long days!

Hi Guys!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    I woke up to pink tulips, and then we went and saw The Little Mermaid at the local cinemas. I'm trying to convince DH that having a picnic on the beach is a good idea, but so far a no go.

Awe, what a nice anniversary. Sweet. Did the picnic happen?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I havent started school yet, i didnt get my GI Bill account in time for the semester. 2 weeks ago i became the Backroom Team Leader, thats why i havent been on here very often. And the wedding is on feb 28th, we pushed it to february because the place we had picked for a venue was shut down for liquor violations. Honeymoon might be in the summer if I get back into school
    Well you'll have a better selection of classes in the Spring Semester. Seriously, the shut the venue??? Oy. Summer will be nice in either Cali or WDW.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Lol!!! No, this is in addition to the fire dept. I'm a CPR instructor, so I've been getting a small business going teaching CPR, AED, and First Aid. This past week, I obtained my instructor cert. In Advanced Cardiac Life Support. So I'm adding that to the list of classes now.
    Woot! Easy to work around the Dept's schedule. Often the schools here hire our firefighters here that have branched like you to instruct staff in the state required CPR etc. Works real well.

My kids (adults) are Certified Instructors. They have trained other to become instructors along with CPR, AED and First Aid. They are also certified LifeGuard Instructors. My DD now spots AEDs where ever she goes.

This summer my DD trained her first class of instructors. Pretty cool. My DD also manages a pretty big waterpark and aquatic center. She designed a new scanning pattern for her guards. They had 3 risk (under cover filming) independent audits this year and passed them all 100%. While a handful of competing facilities can possibly tie her facility, her design made them the safest waterpark in the world this year. She is building that resume up at of the old age of 21.