Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 369 of 544 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 8159
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by firemedic We have a hotel in our response district that installed detectors near their bathrooms and we are ALWAYS running over there. It's a real pain! One ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    We have a hotel in our response district that installed detectors near their bathrooms and we are ALWAYS running over there. It's a real pain!
    One time I was in a hotel when I was small and the free popcorn got too hot, so then the smoke detectors went off, and everyone in the hotel had to run out into the 20 degree weather.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Really love the look of this monorail.

For whatever reason I never went on the monorail at DL. The line for it was just too long because there are too many lazy people in CA I guess LOL. I's hard to believe that a year ago today was my first day in DL, I had a really good time.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Well it all started out when I got a mod job on the OVMK site I've talked about. And then I've been going to a lot of baseball games. And I had an a few online classes going on which I had to put a lot of thought/time into, but at least I did well.

Now that sentence I like to hear.

I am surprised a site would allow a minor to have access to the information moderators do. Risky.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    this was right before Walt had "kidnapped" Nixon
    Give Walt credit, he body blocked those young ladies from the edge of that platform.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

One time I was in a hotel when I was small and the free popcorn got too hot, so then the smoke detectors went off, and everyone in the hotel had to run out into the 20 degree weather.
    That happened to us once in October at WDW. It became unseasonable cold and we turned on the heat at night, the smoke alarm went off.

My DD actually set off the Tornado warning in highschool. She did the announcements at the end of the day and the clerk told her to dial in a certain number sequence. It was wrong and the tornado warning went off. Freaked the heck out of everyone.
    nicholas likes this.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I can not believe that I complete forgot to post about my advising appointment on monday.

So I went to talk about the Disney College Program, to see if there was a slight chance to do it next fall. I was going in thinking that I was dreaming way to big and stuff. But my advisor said that it is possible for me to do it.. I have to take 18 credit hours next seamster (only two more then this seamster) and have to do six over summer (that is two classes!) and the two that I am not taken are offered over summer!!! So next year at this time... This girl is going to be working in Disney!!!
    SnwhtNdwrfs and HauntedGabe like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Holy cr@p on a cracker! I haven't been online in forever. I have been pretty busy, and I would have posted this sooner but I wanted to know that I would be able to be online after that as well, so it wouldn't be like hey I'm back but I'm still busy so see you in two weeks.

Anyways, I'm not dead if anyone was wondering...
    Yo, I am online more then you and you were afraid of me leaving you guys =P.

I hope you have fun on your trip
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Mickey!

wallfan329 and Evilduckqueen like this.

Now that sentence I like to hear.

I am surprised a site would allow a minor to have access to the information moderators do. Risky.
    Well I know the person running the site from a few other places, so she knew she could trust me.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I can not believe that I complete forgot to post about my advising appointment on monday.

So I went to talk about the Disney College Program, to see if there was a slight chance to do it next fall. I was going in thinking that I was dreaming way to big and stuff. But my advisor said that it is possible for me to do it.. I have to take 18 credit hours next seamster (only two more then this seamster) and have to do six over summer (that is two classes!) and the two that I am not taken are offered over summer!!! So next year at this time... This girl is going to be working in Disney!!!
    WOW!! That's incredible! Great job!
    wallfan329 likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There's a freshman dorm at our local college that had the fire alarm pulled every night just for fun. One night when it was around 20-25 degrees, we evacuated the dorm and "searched" it for about an hour while the kids were outside turning into popsicles! LOL!!! We didn't have any more problems after that!
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post

Oh McKayla I am so excited for you. I love when the stars align.

Do you plan on taking a course at a Disney University? Their University is accredited.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    There's a freshman dorm at our local college that had the fire alarm pulled every night just for fun. One night when it was around 20-25 degrees, we evacuated the dorm and "searched" it for about an hour while the kids were outside turning into popsicles! LOL!!! We didn't have any more problems after that!
    Set Up:

The first college my DS attended was a small christian college in Northern midwest state. His dorm was may 20 feet from Great Lakes. The campus was beautiful but small plus 'dry' and my DS bored quickly, everyone knew everyone. His best buddy who would eventually transfer with him to an IL University would often get bored out of their wits during the second semester when it was so freak'n cold. There were some summer homes around however they were a very long way to any sort of town. And I never let either of my kids take their cars to college as I believe it is a recipe for disaster.

Story Time:

So as the legend goes apparently students created boy scout coffee can type CAMP FIRES in dorm rooms as way to pass the boredom over the weekend. Students used sticks from outside, popped windows up a little and put a wet towel under the door so it didn't trigger the smoke detector.

Well one below zero night with snow on the ground dear 'ole buddy that everyone knew my DS hung with set up a boy scout campfire. But being more stupid than others forgot to put the wet towel under the door and the fire alarm was right outside his dorm room. Yep, alarm goes off, dorm empties into the snow, because it is a 7 story dorm every fire fighter in the county apparently responded. Students were outside freezing, flowing into the hallways of the sister dorm across the courtyard. And yes they were able to find the source of the smoke even though the student had a little bit of common sense to douse the campfire when the alarm went off.

The investigation happened pretty quickly and when narrowed to the buddy they immediately started looking for my DS and couldn't find him which resulted in a phone call to my house in the middle of the night from campus police. Caller ID from a sound sleep scared the heck out of me. Blah blah blah in a harsh tone over the phone was this angry dude looking for my son wanting to interview him too. Now it is difficult to deal with angry, stern dude from a sound sleep and demanding his cell number. Finally my brain awakens and I tell angry dude my son isn't on campus, he took the train home the night before and is sound asleep in his beddie bye here in Illinois. Yes, sir I will go wake him and let you talk to him. Angry dude having a fit speaking to my DS and muttering out of DS mouth is I am here how can I tell you who else might be involved.

End:

Buddy's parents received a bill from all the fire departments that responded to the dorms fire alarm. Ultimately I don't know if they actually had to pay for it or not but it was well over $100,000.00. Knew attorney's were involved. Me <-----------never so happy that my DS came home that weekend. After he did the Disney college program he transferred to a University in Illinois where bars lined the campus. They had something to do and could just stumble a block or two back to their apartment and sleep till the next afternoon. Much better than campfires.
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.

Oh McKayla I am so excited for you. I love when the stars align.

Do you plan on taking a course at a Disney University? Their University is accredited.
    Yes, there are three I want to take... Disney Hospitality Management Course, Disney Human Resource Management Course and Disney Organizational Leadership Course.
    Mckayla

Alright KSU Mail Service, I am getting angry at you
    Love
    A Girl who just want to get her letters from her future husband in boot camp.
    Mckayla