Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 386 of 535 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 8018
Like Tree4878Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by mickeytoo Dude, take it from a guy who's worked in mens clothing. DO NOT spend $200 on a rented tux for your wedding, if at all possible ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Dude, take it from a guy who's worked in mens clothing. DO NOT spend $200 on a rented tux for your wedding, if at all possible (unless, of course, your bride-to-be insists on it). Almost nobody wears a rented tux at their wedding anymore (yes I did...back in '88).
    We sold suits that were decent but not the best for WAY more weddings than tuxes. But, suits that could be put in the closet and pulled out at any time for whatever occasion to be used again and again. Suits are more versatile (especially with a vest). We, many times, sold them for as little as $150 with a shirt and tie thrown in, especially depending on the number of guys in the wedding party. And no, I know what the profit margin was and we had plenty of referred and repeat business...he was just not tryin' to rip people off but make a decently livable profit.
    I actually still cover closing shifts for him some nights to make a little beer money...!
    Find a place like that, if you can, and get yourself a decent suit!

We actually did go over the whole suit thing, because I did want something I could keep. But since DF has a certain image of me at the altar I have to go with the tux, which is only 130. My groomsmen are also getting their tuxes their which qualifies me for a free suit anyway, up to 500. So in the long run I think we got what we all wanted
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Sooo......the wedding is going as planned, but we might have to push our honeymoon back a couple months. Our car decided to die on us this week, and we opted to finance a brand new car, so we had to take out the honeymoon budget and make that into a new car payment. Oh well you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Sooo......the wedding is going as planned, but we might have to push our honeymoon back a couple months. Our car decided to die on us this week, and we opted to finance a brand new car, so we had to take out the honeymoon budget and make that into a new car payment. Oh well you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Is that the same car that you had a ton of work done on it a few months ago?

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Tonight I'm going to the halloween party at MK, which should be great! I don't understand the people you see at 10 PM leaving the halloween party two hours before it ends, I mean this isn't free you know.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post

Yup. This time it just didnt make sense. It was either pay 1000 for the work to be done just to have more work to be done in the future, or a 1000 down payment on a brand new car with a warranty.

I think we did what was for the best. Besides, we plan on getting AP's, so i suppose a trip can wait
    nicholas likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    DH and his Groomsmen rented their suits from a Bridal/Formal wear store. Same place I bought my dress, and where my bridesmaids bought their dresses from.

For a wedding 6 months prior to ours, we bought a suit for DH. Because of the style I wanted, and the fact I wanted all matching for the bridal party, it was easier for the men to hire the same style. Plus, I ordered custom made ties for the groomsmen, that were made out of the same material as the bridesmaid's dresses (So, they would match).

Awe. My DHs Groomsmen rented as did he, my Mom bought mine though I wished girls could rent like guys do, I still have that dress dry rotting somewhere, what do you do with it???

My girls were so many different body types, no one dress suited them. 2 gave birth a month and two months before the wedding so fittings would be a nightmare. The other 2 ladies pooh figure and my sis skinny and very young. We went to Marshall Fields, a very nice department store here, we picked the color and mid-chin length and everyone picked their own dress that fit their figure in the same exact color. It worked beautifully.

My BFF+ I stood up in here wedding a few years prior. She dressed us all up in floor length dresses, lacy stuff at the top, big flop hats that looked like Easter bonnets, pastel colors, each of us in a different color. We looked like LIttle Bo Peep's Easter eggs. I could't wait 'till we all came forward at the reception and everyone had a few adult beverages so I could loose my bonnet.

My Sis did it best, wish I had though of it, she bought a lovely plain and understated Laura Ashley white dress around $500. Then I went to the same little shop and bought a pretty pink Laura Ashley dress in a similar style for around $200. I was the only girl to stand up to her wedding, she didn't want the drama I had. Learning curve.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Awe. My DHs Groomsmen rented as did he, my Mom bought mine though I wished girls could rent like guys do, I still have that dress dry rotting somewhere, what do you do with it???

My girls were so many different body types, no one dress suited them. 2 gave birth a month and two months before the wedding so fittings would be a nightmare. The other 2 ladies pooh figure and my sis skinny and very young. We went to Marshall Fields, a very nice department store here, we picked the color and mid-chin length and everyone picked their own dress that fit their figure in the same exact color. It worked beautifully.

My BFF+ I stood up in here wedding a few years prior. She dressed us all up in floor length dresses, lacy stuff at the top, big flop hats that looked like Easter bonnets, pastel colors, each of us in a different color. We looked like LIttle Bo Peep's Easter eggs. I could't wait 'till we all came forward at the reception and everyone had a few adult beverages so I could loose my bonnet.

My Sis did it best, wish I had though of it, she bought a lovely plain and understated Laura Ashley white dress around $500. Then I went to the same little shop and bought a pretty pink Laura Ashley dress in a similar style for around $200. I was the only girl to stand up to her wedding, she didn't want the drama I had. Learning curve.
    Here are some of my wedding photos. Still cannot believe it has been over a year!!
    1: My bridesmaids and my husband. 2: My little brother (who was our page boy). 3: The groomsmen (DH's cousin and father) 4: Us! 5: Our niece, the flower girl!
    Thoughts of Randomness VI-185065_10151267704123408_242735016_n.jpgThoughts of Randomness VI-185123_10151227278708408_132886152_n.jpgThoughts of Randomness VI-399661_10151227278523408_1607547378_n.jpgThoughts of Randomness VI-419276_4416620130685_1858475210_n.jpgThoughts of Randomness VI-421761_10151227280408408_1212351745_n.jpg

I even had my brother and my niece matching with the rest of the bridal party!

I still have my dress. Leaning towards selling it atm, 'cause the extra cash I would get for it, would come in real handy.
    Last edited by Evilduckqueen; 10-10-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I wonder if that varies by areas. My DS has been in two very upscale weddings here. They all rented their tuxes.
    And yep, my DS has the black 3 piece suit and the gray 3 piece suit. Good investments.
    There are so many factors, I think. First and foremost, as I qualified...the bride-to-be, as well it should be.
    Then there are regional, cultural, socio-economic, and etc. issues. Not to mention the way the store does business. We did/do not rent tuxes or suits. That's just not an aspect of the business he wanted to get into. So many factors. But, ultimately, the wants and needs of the BRIDE are the only ones that count...make her as happy as you possibly can, and EVERYBODY wins...!!!!!
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

I think my last post should cover any other answers to the rest, regarding such...!!!

LOU!!! BRIAN!!! Where is our multiquote...?!?!?!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

@MickeyToo Did you ever manage to leave Disney or are you still hanging in there too?
    'Am still Magically hangin' in there, @HauntedGabe. Mostly 'cause we were plannin' a 25th wedding anni. trip to The World with my CM discounts. That is now out...youngest DD's truck is in the shop with a potential $2600 repair bill looming. It's still drivable, but has a radiator leak and a brake module situation that won't allow it to get a state inspection sticker until resolved. Plus it needs rear brake pads. The guy also told me the rear brake rotors need to be replaced 'cause of a "lip" worn on them that they can't machine off to get the new pads over...BULL****!!! I've been gettin' 'em over that for DECADES...!
    Time to get the truck from the shop, pay the "diagnostic" fee, find out how much I can do myself...and find a new mechanic.
    ~ you know who

Everytime you start out with Soooo.....my little heart skips a beat. Sorry, but yay for the new ride. At least the Wedding is still intact, Disney will be there, hey who knows where you might wind up. Could revise it all, wind up with free dining and have a WDW Honeymoon possibly with Dwarf open.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Good memory.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Evening all!! Well I've had a fun filled day at work. Nothing like Civil Service hearings to make your day. Glad it's over!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I hope everyone here is doing fine!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Yup. This time it just didnt make sense. It was either pay 1000 for the work to be done just to have more work to be done in the future, or a 1000 down payment on a brand new car with a warranty.

I think we did what was for the best. Besides, we plan on getting AP's, so i suppose a trip can wait
    And now you can drive.

Are you still planning on moving closer to DF work?
    froland_04-08 likes this.