Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 410 of 541 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 8108
Like Tree4888Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Well I've learned I need to go back and scroll through previous posts. Seeing some people quoting other posts, I came to realize when these boogers come out of moderation ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Well I've learned I need to go back and scroll through previous posts. Seeing some people quoting other posts, I came to realize when these boogers come out of moderation I'm missing many. Oooops to the slighted, sorry.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I talked to my mom for a bit last night about our summer trip to Disney plans. I suggested that we can go August (because of DCP and stuff) and do Lou's E ticket event thing and then his cruise ( if you haven't seen/heard he is doing it in august) and my mom said that she will talk to dad about it.

This spoiled girl may finally be going on Lou's Cruise.

I am going home today to see mom and dad and see pictures and hear stories from their trip. Plus who does not want to pass up getting gifts from them.
    HauntedGabe and Evilduckqueen like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Today some of my church friends and I went to Nelson Ledges (its a local park). It was so cool to see how pretty it was. The best part was being able to go in-between the huge rock formations and climb them and stuff. A couple of times I was afraid of falling but hey... You only live once. The scariest part was when we were climbing out of one them and my back was touching a rock and my face was touching another.
    I googled it. Very cool! I LOVE places like that!

When you mentioned rocks there's a place here in Central Texas that I immediately thought of - Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It's basically 2 GIANT pink granite monoliths in the middle of nowhere. We used to go camping, rock climbing and rappelling there back in the day. One time a buddy of mine, who's uncle was the head park ranger there for a while, and I went into one of the many caves that are there. It was very long and very tight and we had to mostly crawl through the whole thing. And, we only had one flashlight. These days I sometimes think hmmm...glad that one flashlight didn't get dropped and broken or somethin'. We mighta' been even WAY thinner than we already were and stunk to high heck by the time we finally got outta' there...!

Edit:
    Oh, and apparently it was given the name Enchanted Rock (translated) by the native Americans that originally lived near it. They say that on summer evenings, after a long hot summer day, it would make strange creaking and cracking noises as the rock cooled and they thought it was inhabited by the spirits.
    Legend has it that white pioneers would often take refuge up there from the native Americans if they had to because they new they wouldn't dare be followed up there by them.
    It is also referred to, by many, as the "heart" of Texas.
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 11-16-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    HauntedGabe and wallfan329 like this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

What does a person have to do to paste an image here...?!?!?!?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Here are a coupla' pics of Enchanted Rock. They REALLY don't do it justice, but you get the idea.

~ you know who

Maybe this one does it a little more justice...

The first time you see it in person it's really quite overwhelmingly amazing.
    Last edited by mickeytoo; 11-16-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    HauntedGabe, zeusywoo and nicholas like this.
    ~ you know who

Shelly and Dave have been acting a tab odd today...

Makes me thing they have plans for me
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

What my last post did not go to a moderator

Update: Neither did this one
    Mckayla

I talked to my mom for a bit last night about our summer trip to Disney plans. I suggested that we can go August (because of DCP and stuff) and do Lou's E ticket event thing and then his cruise ( if you haven't seen/heard he is doing it in august) and my mom said that she will talk to dad about it.

This spoiled girl may finally be going on Lou's Cruise.

I am going home today to see mom and dad and see pictures and hear stories from their trip. Plus who does not want to pass up getting gifts from them.
    That is similar to my first kinda solo trip materialized in 2007. I wasn't sending my DS to live somewhere I had not seen. Just he and I went down, stayed at the FC, did the parks and a few days later took him to be inducted. They had a nice area that was set up for parents of new CPs and kept us busy as they finger printed them, took SS#, all the paper work and then paired them up with room mates. When that was over we dragged all his stuff up to his room, of course floor 3 and a roomie helped him with the balance. So I got to meet another Mom and his apartment. Then it was time for him to get on a bus to be hauled over to casting. A wave from the bus, I never saw him again but it was OK 'cause he was so excited. I took a taxi back to FC and was off to explore the parks by myself the next two days. I could have seen him if I wished but he was having so much fun and went into 5 straight days of some pretty grueling training 8 hours a day because he needed a certificate for his particular role.

It was fun to be with him before he was inducted. DH had to stay home with DD because she started high school at the same time.

Edit: this didn't go to moderation but the next did.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-17-2013 at 09:00 AM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Shelly and Dave have been acting a tab odd today...

Makes me thing they have plans for me
    Wonder what they are plotting?

Awesome pictures Steve. One looks like a big blog of harden lava!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wonder what they are plotting?
    Maybe Lou's Cruise...

They had a bunch of stuff from the cruise that I was looking at and I got to a couple of papers about next year cruise then I went to look at the paper behind the one explain next years and my dad like toke away really fast (almost ripping the paper), all I could see was our MEI travel agent name on it. At first I was thinking it was a bill but then I found that later in the pile. And my father gets this look on his face when he is trying to hid something or lie and that face has popped a lot this weekend. Then at dinner we were talking about it and I asked them if they did again what would they do different. Mom would answer...well next year....wait next time... we will blah blah. So something is getting planned.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Mckayla

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Hello everyone! I have missed you all. I just can't find time but will do my best to stop in to see you all. Brief recap. Life has been crazy these past few years. I have been so busy with family, friends, work & a change in work. I am back to full time work. Thank goodness those part time hours were hard to do anything at all. LOL These hours switch week every other week 8:30-5 then 8:30-4:30 p.m. Traffic has been good & bad.

DH is well, working hard.

My DD is now an RN she graduated in May passed in July. I am very proud of her. She moved out in March. Everyone asked what its like, she wasn't home with school, 2 jobs & boyfriend & family. She is on the Disney Dream today with her boyfriend they set sail soon. Trying to catch the ship sail from a web cam I found.

The puppies are a handful. I wonder what I was thinking lol. But they keep me moving which is good.

We have our next Walt Disney Disney trip planned for next year & we are also going to Universal Studio's.

Then we are looking for Lou to announce the Alaska dates as I think we need to go as our ship deposit needs to be used Trip of a lifetime.

McKayla, I am so happy for you on the college program.

Steve, great photo's that place looks relaxing.

Gabe, thank you for staying with me on Twitter

Reading up a bit. By the time I get home I am so tired of computer work & barely look at mine.
    HauntedGabe and wallfan329 like this.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

That you would be wonderful if you can go on Lou's Cruise McKayla!
    wallfan329 likes this.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Two hour delay in Bears game.

Rough day for Central IL to Northern IL. Last count 17 tornado's. My DD was in a basement, but she got an outlet for her phone and laptop.

Here very scary think 75 mile hour thunderstorms