Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 424 of 544 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 8159
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by firemedic Morning all, thanks so much for the Thoughts guys. It's all started to sink in with everyone here. Yeah, thought it would and add in a ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Morning all, thanks so much for the Thoughts guys. It's all started to sink in with everyone here.
    Yeah, thought it would and add in a Family Holiday just makes it more difficult. We buried my Gran one year the day before ThanksGiving, not a ThanksGiving I don't go back there in my mind.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, going to be a difficult week for ya all.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Did my usual prep work for our casual Turkey Day tomorrow. I cook all the favorites on Friday. Tradition started when DH boss sent everyone home with a massive bird and then my boss at the time also sent us home with one too.

We always go out to dinner on Thanksgiving, a good 30 years or so. My Mom as she aged and taught school through Wedensday just didn't have it in her to do all that cooking the next day so we started going out to dinner.
    Tonight we went to Harry Caray's Steak House. Yum. We all ordered 13oz fillets. They use the private group room on ThanksGiving for a buffet of sides which is amazing. Choices of stuffin's, veggies, rices, gravy's, tons of rolls.

Me, I had a cornbread/sausage/Canadian bacon stuffing, fresh green beans, fresh asparagus, crumb corn, roasted garlic Brussels sprouts, spring veggie, mashed cheddar bacon mashed potatoes and took a bowl of gravy in a soup bowl so it wouldn't all mix together on my plate that was in reality a platter. No room for dessert.

I could waddle right now but it was so honk'n good. Harry Caray's is that Signature type restaurant at Disney where every entree and side is a specialty unto its own. My DH had a side of Mac & Cheese that came out in a dish big enough for a family. Yummy. Oink.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Did my usual prep work for our casual Turkey Day tomorrow. I cook all the favorites on Friday. Tradition started when DH boss sent everyone home with a massive bird and then my boss at the time also sent us home with one too.

We always go out to dinner on Thanksgiving, a good 30 years or so. My Mom as she aged and taught school through Wedensday just didn't have it in her to do all that cooking the next day so we started going out to dinner.
    Tonight we went to Harry Caray's Steak House. Yum. We all ordered 13oz fillets. They use the private group room on ThanksGiving for a buffet of sides which is amazing. Choices of stuffin's, veggies, rices, gravy's, tons of rolls.

Me, I had a cornbread/sausage/Canadian bacon stuffing, fresh green beans, fresh asparagus, crumb corn, roasted garlic Brussels sprouts, spring veggie, mashed cheddar bacon mashed potatoes and took a bowl of gravy in a soup bowl so it wouldn't all mix together on my plate that was in reality a platter. No room for dessert.

I could waddle right now but it was so honk'n good. Harry Caray's is that Signature type restaurant at Disney where every entree and side is a specialty unto its own. My DH had a side of Mac & Cheese that came out in a dish big enough for a family. Yummy. Oink.
    Yum yum! Send me leftovers please? :P
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I'm really gonna have to hit the gym tomorrow so I can burn off these groceries!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

We had the funeral today. Not trying to be weird, but it was an amazing sight. 30 fire engines in the procession, close to 200 firefighters, two of our ladder trucks elevated with the American Flag between them, his casket was carried on his engine company, and my Honor Guard guys were SHARP!! All the firefighters were in their dress blues walking in formation behind the casket with the bagpipe player leading the way. Gave me chills several times!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Oh my gosh... All that food sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Yum yum! Send me leftovers please? :P
    I agree with that statement.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving. Mine was pretty nice.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I'm really gonna have to hit the gym tomorrow so I can burn off these groceries!
    I hear ya' Jason. Oldest DD's wedding is in just over 4 months. I've got some work to do. But, when I was 35 I lost over 65 pounds. Funny part about it, though, my DW told me I was too skinny (and she's a thin woman), but, my doctor was tellin' me I still needed to lose 15 more pounds...?!?!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

We had the funeral today. Not trying to be weird, but it was an amazing sight. 30 fire engines in the procession, close to 200 firefighters, two of our ladder trucks elevated with the American Flag between them, his casket was carried on his engine company, and my Honor Guard guys were SHARP!! All the firefighters were in their dress blues walking in formation behind the casket with the bagpipe player leading the way. Gave me chills several times!
    Not weird at all Jason. A proper sendoff is never such. It is deserved.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Moderation...
    At this point, I'm just_______________________
    Fill in the **** blank.
    ~ you know who

Gave me chills just reading it. Our Honor Guard is made up of Firefighters from all over neighboring counties of Northern IL. Our local Fire House abuts our River Trails where I often walk my Pup. One of our guys is a bagpiper for the Honor Guard and he practices outside the House along the river trail several times a week between calls. It gives me chills every time I her him play, especially when he is practicing Amazing Grace. Moist eyes.

Hope you guys are all pulling together. It has to be so hard for his family and his brotherhood family.

I made Thanksgiving the sequel today. 3 Chickens vs Turkey, buttered chicken gravy, garlic buttered corn, peppered garlic mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, sponge lime jello, Irish stuffin, green-bean casserole, cranberries and lots and lots of olives. Slurp. A traditional little feast.

I made Thanksgiving the sequel today. 3 Chickens vs Turkey, buttered chicken gravy, garlic buttered corn, peppered garlic mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, sponge lime jello, Irish stuffin, green-bean casserole, cranberries and lots and lots of olives. Slurp. A traditional little feast.
    Ok, now I'm starving. I was perfectly happy with my coffee, now I'm going to look for grub!
    HauntedGabe and Evilduckqueen like this.

Walt Disney

I really need a family trip to The World. My wife and kids are still in Alabama with the rest of the family. I had to come back early for work. With all the stress this week and them being gone, we just have to plan a trip soon!!!

Walt Disney