Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 438 of 544 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448488538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 8158
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe When we would go to Disney for 2 weeks at Christmas we didn't decorate for Christmas. My believer DD was always the challenge. My kids had ...
    Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    When we would go to Disney for 2 weeks at Christmas we didn't decorate for Christmas. My believer DD was always the challenge. My kids had small trees in their rooms and I would put those up. Santa would come while we were in Florida and he would leave their presents under their trees while we were gone. (My Mom would let Santa in while we were gone.) The socks were hung with care.

One year, my 4 year old DD on Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day wanted to know when we could go home, cause Santa was coming. I kinda felt bad for her. We had just gotten down to Disney on the 22 and I think we were staying to like the 8th of January. We were in freak'n Disney for a long long vacation and all she wanted to do is go home. My folks were down with us for the first week, I almost sent her home with them but she snapped out of it. Poor 4 year old, she remembers it as the Christmas she had to wait for Santa.
    Aww, that's cute. I think I knew it was my parents from about the age of 8. Maybe earlier...I'm not entirely sure.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Cancelling is actually where my brain went when I started reading your first post. Bonus when it was a flight instead of cancelling.
    Cancelling on my SIL just wasn't an option, especially not so close to Christmas. She has had a rough year,so it cancelling was something I just couldn't do to her. DH had estimated $1200 for petrol, and then realised he had under estimated by just under a $1000. So, the money we had put aside for petrol, paid for return airfares to Townsville for the both of us. Happy about that.

We will be away for 3 weeks, which will be lovely. The day we leave it will be 104 at home, so happy we will be missing that!!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

My DD has a bear of a final on Monday afternoon. Please send good Karma and Pixie Dust. Last final!!!!
    wallfan329 and Evilduckqueen like this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

There is a bar crawl today in Wrigleyville. (Chicago, Chicago Cubs neighborhood, the stadium lye's in a mix residential/small independent business neighborhood.)

The bar crawl goes from 8am 'till 8pm. The 12 Bars of Christmas. 20,000 wrist bands have been sold.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

My mom and dad toke my brother, his girlfriend and I out to dinner at Brasa today ( I am not sure if it is a just Cleveland thing or if it is in other cities). Good golly so much food.

It is a Brazilian bbq. Tonight we had a total of 13 different meats come to our table. My favorite was the pork ribs, flank steak and pork sausage. Everything was so good.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    My mom and dad toke my brother, his girlfriend and I out to dinner at Brasa today ( I am not sure if it is a just Cleveland thing or if it is in other cities). Good golly so much food.

It is a Brazilian bbq. Tonight we had a total of 13 different meats come to our table. My favorite was the pork ribs, flank steak and pork sausage. Everything was so good.
    That sounds like fun! Love good food.

We have a chain here Texas de Brazil. Sounds very similar. They start with the less expensive meats, still good but I hold out for the good ones now to come around

Public Service:

New computer virus in form of a email pretending to be from the United States Post Office.

It's not.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I'm not a fan of spite. I'd think twice about giving credence to a student that you don't find trustworthy, especially in a note form. If the student found the need to out the other student why hide behind a note? If the student did get help writing the story, while not the assignment, it isn't a lot different from most high school and college students that have others review their papers and critic it. Student A might have got more out of the assignment with help than if they just left it be as originally written. I'd let it go given student 2 is known not to be trustworthy. So not worth the headache to all involved, it could get dicey.
    Not sure why you think I am being spiteful in this. Turns out the untrustworthy student wasn't the one who wrote the note- that student wrote it because she had to go to work and I was speaking with another professor. Additionally another trustworthy student has come forward with the same information.

Dean of students told me to confront in an email where I was very specific as to what examples from the story were questionable and how it corresponded to information we dealt with all semester. Also, it is fine to get help from others and critic- never said it wasn't--- but when it goes against everything we talked about all semester, then they didn't get much from the class now did they?

I forget that sometimes you are very anti-teacher. I was asking to see about what people would do and think but I guarantee I won't be asking again.

Getting a free pass on Plagiarism isn't right. I always make sure I am doing it for the right purpose and not out of spite.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

just saw this on yahoo! it's a hoot

- Yahoo Screen
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

There are some great clips there.

That sounds like fun! Love good food.

We have a chain here Texas de Brazil. Sounds very similar. They start with the less expensive meats, still good but I hold out for the good ones now to come around
    They have Texas de Brazil in Orlando. We went to it one year.

My dad went to Brazil about 7 years ago for work and he ate like that every night. He wishes that he can go back all the time. He said that these places are as common as McDonalds here.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

My mom did the Christmas ornament exchange this year. The name she got was Steve.. I am wonder if it is the Steve that posted here.
    Last edited by wallfan329; 12-15-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Mckayla

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Not sure why you think I am being spiteful in this. Turns out the untrustworthy student wasn't the one who wrote the note- that student wrote it because she had to go to work and I was speaking with another professor. Additionally another trustworthy student has come forward with the same information.

Dean of students told me to confront in an email where I was very specific as to what examples from the story were questionable and how it corresponded to information we dealt with all semester. Also, it is fine to get help from others and critic- never said it wasn't--- but when it goes against everything we talked about all semester, then they didn't get much from the class now did they?

I forget that sometimes you are very anti-teacher. I was asking to see about what people would do and think but I guarantee I won't be asking again.

Getting a free pass on Plagiarism isn't right. I always make sure I am doing it for the right purpose and not out of spite.
    Silly women! I was talking about spiteful students outing one another.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    My mom did the Christmas ornament exchange this year. The name she got was Steve.. I am wonder if it is the Steve that posted here.
    Fun!