Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 45 of 541 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree4888Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood It is 54F or 12C here and the only reason I know the Celsius temperature is because the internet said so. Did I mention I'm a ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    It is 54F or 12C here and the only reason I know the Celsius temperature is because the internet said so.
    Did I mention I'm a French model.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Apparently a wheel fell off one of the monorail trains at DL Wheel falls off Disneyland monorail - Disneyland News

Well, perhaps they should prohibit pedestrian traffic under any line for safety. Just saying, if they can stop front cab riding for safety, a pedestrian could certainly be hurt or killed from a falling wheel.

And I see they gave front of the line passes to those stranded, yet had I raised this issue at the MK when I was recently held up their for 45 minutes they would've surely been indifferent.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

They still haven't re instated the front car rides in the WDW monorail yet? I mean i know about the accident and all.....but they had proven why it happened and taken measures to prevent it.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    They still haven't re instated the front car rides in the WDW monorail yet? I mean i know about the accident and all.....but they had proven why it happened and taken measures to prevent it.

I don't know if this is the real reason, but this is what one pilot told me. He said the FDOT prohibited it. Now whether this is the case or it's Disney's independent preference, I don't know, but I think its errant for several reasons.

• tradition
    • I can't assume to know the deceased pilots mind, but from what I read about him and one of the last videos I saw of him hosting a family up front, its possible he would want this tradition carried on, of course with better safety.

If it's FDOT I think they have really overstepped.

Either way, the difference between the monorail being an "attraction" or "transportation" seems like semantics to me, especially since either way you slice the pie, the monorail at Disney World or Disneyland is unique in a unique place. Now at Disneyland, front cab riding is still permitted, but I feel that any fears or safety concerns could be overcome at Disney World to re-institute the prior policy. Given the fact I was stuck on the monorail rail for 45 minutes a few weeks ago because of another monorail being taken off the line, the fact remains I was still on the rail and potentially in harms way but obviously they felt we were secure or they would have cleared the monorails. This tire business in my opinion demonstrates that pedestrians are in harms way at Disney World so I feel if I'm going to be in harms way by the monorail, I'd rather have the option to ride up front which I feel I would be safe. Further, perhaps they should consider building a more solid train in addition to their other safety precautions.

In any event, it appears this is a permanent past time. And on a different note about the monorail, if they needed to change the monorail and tram spiels, I can understand, but the change and dissimilarities in voice and delivery lack luster and effect the "brand" if you will, albeit, it is perhaps a nerdy or buff kind of thing in objection, but to me the new voices of Disney in many different areas don't share the same caliber as previous voices.

i-neighborhood Guest

One additional comment I want to add about the policy change, I was also told another reason was the pilots did not want it reinstated because of guests that perhaps lacked couth or not, constantly bringing up the horrible tragedy and understandably this would be insensitive because this was their friend, their colleague and I could certainly understand not wanting to have to relive over and over this tragedy.

i-neighborhood Guest

As said, I don't know the real reason, but the latter actually seems more likely to me.

From what I understand, FDOT took over control of the monorail, busses and boats at the WDW following the incident on the monorail. Honestly all WDW has to do is file for a re evaluation of procedures and motion for the guest cab riding to be reinstated. The accident that took place that night was a result of a faulty sensor at the track spur, combined with bad communication and negligance on behalf of the Cast on the platform (the CM that was supposed to have a killbox on his person failed to have it at the time of the accident.)

All of that on top of your cast members who were still working a shift that started at noon or 1pm that day....which for the TTC and MK is typical.

I see the front rides making a return, after a good amount of time has passed.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    As said, I don't know the real reason, but the latter actually seems more likely to me.
    I knew a few pilots who transferred there from attractions. Alot of the pilots actually left the monorails after the incident, they couldnt deal with it. But the latter reason does seem likely. After a decent time passes, we will probably see it reinstated
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Nick, what's the itinerary for the cruise you are going on? Where's is the Magic going?
    It is going to Cozumel, and Grand Cayman.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

I wonder what's for dinner? Maybe DH will be bring something home....
    Join us next week, for thrilling conclusion OF THE FUNGUS ADVENTURES!

DH sent me a text saying he was on his way to the grocery store an hour and half ago....which means his trip has become more than "pop in and grab a few things"....
    Don, don, don!

Quote Originally Posted by hauntedgabe View Post
    i made homemade meatballs with meats, parley, garlic, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce.

Then white rice topped with liberty inn tree brown gravy. Topped with tiny rounds of sweet pepper.

Should be done in about 20 minutes.
    Nooo! Don't make hungry!
    Last edited by nicholas; 02-19-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

And he's home!
    And it's a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Why does that not surprise me!
    Why? Because DL is a place falling apart??? Your right...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And that is why I hate when DH goes with me or if I have to send him with a list. Fine with him going to get what he needs and wants, actually like that part.
    I don't like spending alot of time a stores too.