Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 453 of 547 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 8192
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Ouch! Not even having fun burning in the sun. How did the dude break an ankle? Still amazed at how you guys do this. I burnt ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ouch! Not even having fun burning in the sun. How did the dude break an ankle?

Still amazed at how you guys do this. I burnt my thumb with my hair straightener last week and I had coping problems.
    From what he tells me, he fell off the front porch trying to move his hoseline to another spot. I didn't see it. My crew and I were already inside making an interior attack.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Hello, hello, hello!

DH and I arrived back from our holiday, this evening!! So glad to be home, after 3.5 weeks away! Just popping in to say hi!

I'll stop by tomorrow, and see how everyone is doing, and fill you in on our trip
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Today we have warmed up to the 50's....after a day of snow of a night of rain.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

A lot has happened in the last couple of days... My grandpa was rushed to the hospital. He was released yesterday and is now at a rehab place. My dad is upset about him and his brother did not realize stuff (like grandpa does not do his laundry, he forgets to put his water soferner in his water, he pretty only eats mcdonalds for every meal). It is harder for my dad to realize all that stuff because we live about an hour way from him where one of my uncles lives one house over from grandpas and my other uncle lives about two minutes away. I guess life just got in-between all of us.

My mom and dad went to grandpas house to clean it today...so I cleaned the kitchen for mommy. I think she will be surprised.

I also have been packing for school. I am moving back tomorrow!!

If I am not on much this week...have a really good week.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    A lot has happened in the last couple of days... My grandpa was rushed to the hospital. He was released yesterday and is now at a rehab place. My dad is upset about him and his brother did not realize stuff (like grandpa does not do his laundry, he forgets to put his water soferner in his water, he pretty only eats mcdonalds for every meal). It is harder for my dad to realize all that stuff because we live about an hour way from him where one of my uncles lives one house over from grandpas and my other uncle lives about two minutes away. I guess life just got in-between all of us.

My mom and dad went to grandpas house to clean it today...so I cleaned the kitchen for mommy. I think she will be surprised.

I also have been packing for school. I am moving back tomorrow!!

If I am not on much this week...have a really good week.
    Awe poor Grandpa. What happened to the poor fella? Bet he is glad he is out of the hospital even for rehab.

Yep, I can feel your Dads frustration being far away but I can't fault the closer ones. It is just me and my Sis and with my Sis being in Cleveland everything falls on me. When something major happens she blows into town for a day and is gone again. I've been on the receiving end of why didn't you tell me or why didn't you know.
    Sometimes being the closer one is the real burden. I live about an hour or so from my folks so I keep an eye on the best I can. Sometimes I tell my Sis stuff, sometimes not cause then she calls them up and blah blah blah then my folks are to me like why did you tell her that blah blah blah, monkey in the middle.

Good luck with going back to school first few weeks are usually pretty nice work load wise, hope it is for you.
    Excited? And that was nice of you to help out your Mom, a great surprise.
    wallfan329 likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Today we have warmed up to the 50's....after a day of snow of a night of rain.
    Yay for you. We had rain and ice. DD and I spent several hours chopping the 150 ft drive cause we couldnt walk without going boom. Back sore, ice is heavy to shovel and it was over an inch thick. Joy Joy We should hit the low 40's tomorrow.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Were getting deluged with the rain at the moment. And with it forecasted to start dropping back to freezing....I am hoping it dries up a little before it freezes up.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Anybody have a Teavana near them? Its my new hobby My DF.....whom shall become the DW in less than 2 months, is managing one and i get lots of tea all the time

Anybody have a Teavana near them? Its my new hobby My DF.....whom shall become the DW in less than 2 months, is managing one and i get lots of tea all the time
    There is one in WoodField Mall in the NW suburbs, N. IL. It is great but expensive and messy. I've gone to buying the empty tea bags you can buy at grocery stores etc. or online amazon cheap, so there isn't the cleanup. I bought this cast iron tea pot for my DS.

Oh and congrat's to your DW to be.

Were getting deluged with the rain at the moment. And with it forecasted to start dropping back to freezing....I am hoping it dries up a little before it freezes up.
    I'm just thankful two of the cars were in the garage when the ice came.

We do love to share with you guys East of us now don't we?
    froland_04-08 likes this.

Today I blended Monkey Picked Oolong Tea with Silver Yin Zehn Pearls white tea. It was a decent blend, i might try a fruity herbal tea with the oolong and see how it turns out.

And we have a cast iron teapot, with a warmer and trivet, and we got two cast iron coasters. We should be getting 2 CI cups at the end of the week if the ones we want come in to her store.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

This is like some vaccinations and children. Everyone has their own thought process for their Pup family.
    Heartworm is spread by mosquitoes. In warm states it is an issue 12/365. North, you have to look at your region. When is the last time you were bit by a mosquitoes? When was the last time you saw mosquitoes in your area?
    Heartworm meds are orally ingested pesticides. One of the major heartworm meds got pulled off the market and is trying to make a slow comeback. Some of the meds are a multi-pesticide cocktail, several pesticides ingested all at once to kill many types of potential nuances (fleas) or life threatening larva (heart worm). Some vets suggest giving year round others favor giving the pets a break during cold months.

Fleas I look at multiple ways. If a dog has fleas you can knock them down with a topical droplet and they are dead in 24 hours or less and the the droplet last a month to 3 months and you can give them baths inbetween. Or you can have the Pup ingest the pesticide in pill form or some injected. While I am not a fan of any pesticides I go with topical over ingesting them. On Walter, now 8 years old, I have put Frontline on him once, late this summer when I saw two fleas. I never applied again cause I never saw a flea again. Aside from having mice or wild rodents in your home, there is little chance of pups getting fleas in the North during the the cold months. They even die on wild life outdoors. Basically when you stop seeing crawling and flying bugs outdoors the threat is gone. That rule of thumb is the same for heartworm/mosquitoes.

Heartworm I play Russian roulette. I have not given heartworm prevention to any of my last 3 dogs. It is a gamble. A personal choice. There are many possible side affects to some of these pesticides from auto immune diseases and disorders to cancer possibilities.The one Pup I did give it to for half her life I only gave it to her during the mosquito months. At times I want to scream when one of my customers will only feed their pets a Blue food but then doses them with several pesticides each month.

Many vets have turned into big businesses. So many now push all these dental cleanings, endless vaccinations annually. I understand some dentals when really warranted but I've never had to have a dental cleaning for any of my dogs. Rawhide cleans their gums and teeth as does the hard kibble. Knocking them out is a risk just like for humans. By law I have to give Walt a rabies shot each year so I do. Research suggests one in their lifetime would do it. Rabies is almost non existent these days yet the law remains unchanged. Bordetella is another one. Doc's tend to give it to animals even if they are not going to be boarded annually. Where humans get vaccinated once or twice in a lifetime for the human version whopping cough, Pups annually. Lyme vaccine none of my animals ever got because the FDA has not found one safe for humans so I won't give it to my Pup. I've only vaccinated my Pup once for most diseases and never all at the same time. Others every three years (I don't board Walt) and unfortunately rabies annually, no choice.

The best advice I can give other than to go topical when you can over oral (we spray ourselves with Off we don't eat the stuff) is to research the vaccines or pill you are being sold. Weigh the pro's and con's then decide which works best for your Pups. When reading the research avoid the pharmaceutical companies endorsing their own drugs or vets gloom and doom. Look for research independently done. Data of percentage of bugs that are carriers of heart worm or lyme. Fact for fleas living in frozen ground during winter or mosquito seasons in your region. Then decide.
    Hello. I can't believe how this week flew. DH was off until yesterday but that was a morning shift. LOL.

I really am not a fan of any meds for the puppies. With saying that let me tell you this for your thought. Our friends in the next development their puppy did get a case of lyme disease. Then they told me of a few more cases. The vet did confirm. It scared us but I don't get that shot for them. So it definitely is in our area. Now on the topical what if they sleep with me & I mean literally under the covers & touching me. LOL. How long does it take to dry?
    Thank you for your help.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

This storm was a bite! And is still biting. We have been in such a deep frozen tundra that the salt isn't working and the snow and ice is packed into the ground. So dangerous. Fortunate my snowblower started, our drive is 150 long and 1/3 is 3 cars wide. DH made it home with his car tonight. He had put it last night into the indoor bay to melt. He has never had to stay at a hotel before, though a few times I think he should have over the years.

Be safe, stay warm. Don't loose those puppies in that deep snow. Wooba!
    We had the same here made driving very unsafe. I was trying to be as careful as possible.

I hope you are getting better weather there now. We are in a warm spell today. That is causing melting. We have a frozen line & some water coming in on the opposite side of sump pump.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar