Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 458 of 547 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 8193
Like Tree4916Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy was there a "BB code" or other choice? HTML is not supported as you found out I think there was. I'll go back and look, thanks!...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    was there a "BB code" or other choice? HTML is not supported as you found out
    I think there was. I'll go back and look, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Happy Dance! Where will ThanksGiving dinner be?
    Going to try for Liberty Tree again. They have an outstanding Thanksgiving spread there.
    SnwhtNdwrfs and HauntedGabe like this.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Hello. First week almost over except for my class that will mainly be online but meets Saturday. Fun! I guess I should get that syllabus ready.

One student has already done a bunch of stuff and wants more... Sorry I am not going to let you do half the class in a week.
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    Hello. First week almost over except for my class that will mainly be online but meets Saturday. Fun! I guess I should get that syllabus ready.

One student has already done a bunch of stuff and wants more... Sorry I am not going to let you do half the class in a week.
    My DD took one online class a semester which is why she graduated early. Her professors always had syllabus online one week before classes started for online classes, required by her University. In all but one of the courses she finished the course withing the first two weeks or so. She found there was little homework in the classroom courses the first few weeks and she could give a lot of attention to the online course those first few weeks, complete it and then focus on the other 5 classroom courses, an overload. She always budgeted her time well that way. All but one of her professors supported accelerated completion of the course. If they did not, she could not have taken an overload and would have had to gone another semester, an additional $17,000.

The only time she did not complete an online course very early was this final semester. Her instructor, tenured was horrid. She took forever to post the syllabus even though it was due to be posted prior to the semester starting, university requirement for staff. They had to take a test per week, more OK but not less. By add drop week she hadn't graded or posted most of the grades. The student had enough, collaborated and went to the dean. The dean extended add drop till the end of the semester which is in the University Policy for situations where grades are not posted timely. The dean also intervened and told the students all grades would be posted within the week. They were not. The dean asked all students in the course to submit when work was completed, when tests were taken and when their grades finally posted. University Policy is for the final grade after finals to be posted one week after the semester ended. They were not.

The new semester will start on Tuesday. Her name is has been removed from all courses she was to teach this new semester and replaced with other professors or are blank. Her name is off the staff list, she is a goner. At $35,000 a year these students were not getting what they paid for at a Big 10 school. These juniors and seniors knew how staff should perform and conduct themselves, she didn't. She had her 3 strikes all in one semester needed to unseat a tenure professor. Good luck to her trying to go to another Big 10 University. That was the only online course she ever had issues with. She really enjoyed the online courses and learned a great deal and glad she did it.

My son is working on his masters. All courses are online, also from a major university. The University is even more progressive than my DDs University and has syllabus ready at time of registration and professors assigned. It aides in choosing courses to match what he can pull off while working full time. He has had wonderful professors and is very happy with his choice. He is now starting his 3rd semester. Online is an amazing step into the 21st century embracing technology. Online has come a long way in a decade and is so flexible which really aides higher education for many. I'm a big fan.

We are also using online courses for our gifted students in our elementary district. In math especially it is working so well. If they pass Algebra I in half a semester they get to move onto Geometry. For our gifted students many have almost completed their high school math courses by 8th grade graduation. In high school those gifted students can take additional online classes from the local Community College earning college credit at no cost. It is paying off in their ACT and SAT test scores getting them into top Universities. I'm loving the online concept.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Going to try for Liberty Tree again. They have an outstanding Thanksgiving spread there.
    We did Liberty Tree in 2007 for Thanksgiving. My DS was in the college program down there at the time. For Christmas dinner one year we Did Hoop at Ft. Wilderness. It was an excellent choice for Christmas.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Took my Mom in for outpatient surgery today. Everything seems to have gone well. *phew*

At their age though I hate outpatient. I like the old concept of someone monitoring their vitals before discharge.
    zeusywoo likes this.

My Mom had bought us all sorts of goodies to take home today. Like salted caramel chocolates and peppered pistachios and more. Got me thinking about the good old days at Sears. Anyone else remember the days when they had the vast candy, pop corn and hot roasted nut counter? I loved that when I was a little kid. It was next to the fabric and sewing machine area and the other side tool department. My Mom would give us money while she chose materials.

Slurp.

I'm torn. I love the idea of clean bedding. But this is blah.

I did love the bedspreads at the PO resorts but questioned how clean they were. I'll miss the look.
    zeusywoo likes this.

Is that top pic from POFQ?

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    My DD took one online class a semester which is why she graduated early. Her professors always had syllabus online one week
    I like online over all if they are done correctly. I have the syllabus- my issue with posting it and getting it all done is the fact that discussions are required and if someone goes and posts all in one week, they tend not to go back. My other "issue" with this class is that it is Children's Literature and making sure they read all of those books in a timely manner so they don't get overwhelmed. So I have to teach not only various genres, characteristics of genres, awards, illustrations/art in books, but how to teach/use this information in the classroom- online. I think the hardest part is making sure they don't just go to Amazon and copy the summary of the book.

It should be fun though and a good experience. I didn't design it the way the other teacher wanted but we couldn't find the information on ebooksf and she just had some weird ideas about what characteristics of genres actually were. So I am glad that I am doing it.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

The heat has died down, but unfortunately we have a ton of bushfires. I can smell the smoke from a nearby one...

Was able to turn off the a/c and open the front door today. First time in almost a week, which is wonderful. Too bad the breeze that is coming in is smokey >.<
    zeusywoo likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

My 17yr cousin was offered a place at university in Marine Biology Honours! So proud of her!!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    My 17yr cousin was offered a place at university in Marine Biology Honours! So proud of her!!
    Outstanding!!! Sounds like she has a very bright future ahead!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Cool! Now I have an updated ticker to stare at.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Now that is wonderful. Congrat's to her! She'll come out amazing on the other side.