Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 459 of 544 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 8158
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen The heat has died down, but unfortunately we have a ton of bushfires. I can smell the smoke from a nearby one... Was able to turn ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    The heat has died down, but unfortunately we have a ton of bushfires. I can smell the smoke from a nearby one...

Was able to turn off the a/c and open the front door today. First time in almost a week, which is wonderful. Too bad the breeze that is coming in is smokey >.<
    Ewe. We haven't had that here in years. Thankfully.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I like online over all if they are done correctly. I have the syllabus- my issue with posting it and getting it all done is the fact that discussions are required and if someone goes and posts all in one week, they tend not to go back. My other "issue" with this class is that it is Children's Literature and making sure they read all of those books in a timely manner so they don't get overwhelmed. So I have to teach not only various genres, characteristics of genres, awards, illustrations/art in books, but how to teach/use this information in the classroom- online. I think the hardest part is making sure they don't just go to Amazon and copy the summary of the book.

It should be fun though and a good experience. I didn't design it the way the other teacher wanted but we couldn't find the information on ebooksf and she just had some weird ideas about what characteristics of genres actually were. So I am glad that I am doing it.
    Yep, everyone's view on what correctly is-is different and from institution to institution. It also differs in what their student bodies are capable of handling and how the student body handles education. I am gauging my opinions on institutions that garner students with an average ACT of over 30. With Big 10 schools not releasing the entire syllabus would interfere with how the whole University functions. You can't have 35,000 students and some professors not meeting their Universities expectations like my DD did last semester.

If an institution average ACT scores are below the national average there are different challenges. If Freshman retention is the 96th percentile and graduation rate is in the 97th percentile you have focused students that are accustomed to doing their own work so my thought process of expectations for instructors in online courses likely are different. They don't have to struggle with making sure their students read all the books on time, they either read them or they don't it will play out in their grades. I'd want to put my head through a wall, I just can't wrap my brain around coping with that with college students. I'd want to send them off to trade school, plumbers earn more than a chunk of college graduates, don't have student loan debt and we all need them. In ways Germany has a point in their tiered educational system.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Is that top pic from POFQ?
    Those are for POR Mansions, Princess Rooms and Standard Rooms. When they converted POR they hadn't transformed POFC to the Whites yet. Possible they have by now, I'll check tomorrow but the likelihood of them not converting over to whites by November, well not good. Most resorts that have converted have bed scarfs at the foot of the beds that adds some color to the beds.

I'm thinking I like the whites in theory since I am a type A Germaphobic. But they need more color than they have now at POR. I wonder if they converted to the Whites before the scarves were manufactured?

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Outstanding!!! Sounds like she has a very bright future ahead!
    The world is her Oyster! She has such a good head on her shoulders.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Now that is wonderful. Congrat's to her! She'll come out amazing on the other side.
    She is an extremely bright girl, and worked really hard for it too.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Is that top pic from POFQ?
    Well time to report that POFQ has gone all white too.

Till fall of 2013

por website

Before, 2010

Demon

Those Purple bedspreads were relatively new. I wonder if they had seamstresses cut the best ones up and make scarfs out of them?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-18-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    zeusywoo likes this.

Here is a link for when you are bored Jason. You can play and look at the photo's.

View of Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter

She is an extremely bright girl, and worked really hard for it too.
    I love it! I can do the happy dance every time a student works their tooshie off and are accepted into a wonderful University. When will she start?
    Evilduckqueen likes this.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Its been a good end of this week. Thursday I hung out with friends after class. Friday I got to see my grandpa. Hopefully he is coming home from rehab on Wednesday! I also got my nails done, I have a frozen theme to them. Then today my daddy dropped the ball on "keep the cruise a secret and make Mckayla thing we are going to Branson MO". Mom ran out to get some subway for lunch and while gone Beth from M.E.I travel called and dad did not pick up the phone ( I am not allowed to answer her calls). So I am going to Lou's e-ticket event and on the cruise. We are leaving August 1st, saying at Old Key West from the 1st to the 6th.Then we are moving to Pop from the 7th-9th. Then the Cruise is the 10th-13th. I am so excited
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I love it! I can do the happy dance every time a student works their tooshie off and are accepted into a wonderful University. When will she start?
    March, I think. That is when the new school year starts for tertiary education.

If it wasn't currently 54 degrees at Blizzard Beach I'd like to be there now eating over my fair share of the donuts.
    zeusywoo and Evilduckqueen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Its been a good end of this week. Thursday I hung out with friends after class. Friday I got to see my grandpa. Hopefully he is coming home from rehab on Wednesday! I also got my nails done, I have a frozen theme to them. Then today my daddy dropped the ball on "keep the cruise a secret and make Mckayla thing we are going to Branson MO". Mom ran out to get some subway for lunch and while gone Beth from M.E.I travel called and dad did not pick up the phone ( I am not allowed to answer her calls). So I am going to Lou's e-ticket event and on the cruise. We are leaving August 1st, saying at Old Key West from the 1st to the 6th.Then we are moving to Pop from the 7th-9th. Then the Cruise is the 10th-13th. I am so excited
    Happy your Grandpa is getting better.

Woot! The secret is over. Was Dad in trouble with Mom for blowing the torture? Two weeks of Disney. Wow!

Take a picture of the Frozen nails please.
    wallfan329 likes this.

March, I think. That is when the new school year starts for tertiary education.
    I thought I remembered your schools and ours being different than ours. I seem to remember UoI being back already and my niece being home for quite a while before she flew over to study in Australia. Will your niece live at her new University?

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Good morning everyone!! How goes it??
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Here is a link for when you are bored Jason. You can play and look at the photo's.

View of Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
    Thanks!! I'll check it out.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney