Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 47 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree4843Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by froland_04-08 From what I understand, FDOT took over control of the monorail, busses and boats at the WDW following the incident on the monorail. Honestly all WDW ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    From what I understand, FDOT took over control of the monorail, busses and boats at the WDW following the incident on the monorail. Honestly all WDW has to do is file for a re evaluation of procedures and motion for the guest cab riding to be reinstated. The accident that took place that night was a result of a faulty sensor at the track spur, combined with bad communication and negligance on behalf of the Cast on the platform (the CM that was supposed to have a killbox on his person failed to have it at the time of the accident.)

All of that on top of your cast members who were still working a shift that started at noon or 1pm that day....which for the TTC and MK is typical.

I see the front rides making a return, after a good amount of time has passed.
    After reading all the reports I'd be dumbfounded if front rides came back. You also left out the part about the CM that left, went home sick from a critical post and his superior being off property.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Holy cow! That's a lot of cousins! I guess that's a good reason. My family is tiny at least on my side, there's only 7 of us (mom, dad, brother, uncle, two cousins and myself). DH's side is a different story...
    Yep, my Mom was one of 12 kids and 2 of the 12 never had children so those 43 came from 10 of her siblings.
    Good Irish Catholics.
    nicholas likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    Now why's that?
    PopTart dough tastes disgusting. Bluck.
    nicholas likes this.

Alright, this is the last post before tomorrow. Good night everyone!
    Good Night, have a wonderful time, Gods Speed.
    nicholas likes this.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Time for sleep...not feeling to good....

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I knew a few pilots who transferred there from attractions. Alot of the pilots actually left the monorails after the incident, they couldnt deal with it. But the latter reason does seem likely. After a decent time passes, we will probably see it reinstated
    My DS friend who he has known since 3 months of age was a pilot that night, same shift. He has left the position.
    It was for him anyhow knowing what would happen to him if they collided and as time passed it became clear that the manual wasn't being followed, ground trust had been broken, too many variables that they had to just trust in other CMs. He knew the young man that died, same age too. He made the choice that the risk wasn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Time for sleep...not feeling to good....
    Feel better!
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    But it also demonstrated what wasn't known or maybe publicly known, if those things crash they can't hold upto impact. From what I read they gave the Mother a difficult time and she responded by pushing it and understand she drilled her point home.

I read all those reports. The ones I'd like to see when released is the death investigation for the 2nd death on Primeval Whirl, there were not any "guests" that witnessed that one unlike the monorail where there were guests that witnessed.

I could be wrong, but the monorail has had less than a handful of incidents since it was introduced, however, I agree with what you said about impact resistance, and you would think they would've by now built a more resilient train or at the minimum, the front cabs.

It doesn't seem Disney exercised prudence giving this mother a hard time when Disney knew in the first hours that there was some negligence involved. You would also think this futuristic vehicle with things like MAPO would've by now included night vision cameras on both ends, which are comparatively inexpensive and would give a driver going "backwards", especially after a rail switch, vision to see and I'm surprised that this wasn't in place prior to the tragedy. I don't know if this has been added but if not, I would think Disney is remiss. I think they should've resolved this more quickly and spared the mom unnecessary grief.

What also is interesting, one of the videos from that night's tragedy at the TTC a CM demanded a visitor to turn off his camera, well, I take exception to this because that visitor had every right to film just as if it had been a news reporter, while it doesn't seem that the video provided significant evidence in this instance, I think the CM was in a grey area given the circumstances.

The death on the Primeval Whirl, wasn't that an employee, and I could be wrong but if I'm thinking about the same incident, Disney had already received violations prior to this incident.

I'm a bit hesitant to go back to Animal Kingdom after the outbreaks experienced by visitors, I'm not sure if they have this under control.

I've also noticed a few times that my son and I have gotten ash in our eyes from firework debris, I guess I guess its the local we've been when watching.

I tell you a liability is at that stupid roller coaster at Legoland, somebody needs to shut that thing down, I'm surprised somebody hasn't sued them, I love roller coasters, but that thing is unacceptable.

I was a fortunate Mom. I can only remember them waking me up 4 times between the two. Each of them only lost their cookie once each. I never had a kid that slept with me, never wanted to start that. If it was storming or something I could hear them leave their room, I'd go sleep with them till they fell asleep and slip out. Much better in the long run.

Now the dog has been know to wake me up, take up my share of the King sized bed. And my heart, my former boy golden, he was a tall boy, ate 3 pounds of dove chocolate Easter Eggs foil and all. He went to wake my DH up put his paws on side of bed and Ralphed on the DH. That was a long night.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I was a fortunate Mom. I can only remember them waking me up 4 times between the two. Each of them only lost their cookie once each. I never had a kid that slept with me, never wanted to start that. If it was storming or something I could hear them leave their room, I'd go sleep with them till they fell asleep and slip out. Much better in the long run.

Now the dog has been know to wake me up, take up my share of the King sized bed. And my heart, my former boy golden, he was a tall boy, ate 3 pounds of dove chocolate Easter Eggs foil and all. He went to wake my DH up put his paws on side of bed and Ralphed on the DH. That was a long night.

GROSS!!!

My peeps have a Neopolitan Mastiff of a horse dog, slinging, slurping, saliva everywhere, I swear, Its like dodging bullets when he shakes his head and you don't know where those disgusting ROPES of saliva are going.

eeew gross!

i-neighborhood Guest

Alright, this is the last post before tomorrow. Good night everyone!
    Have a wonderful magical time on the cruise with your family!!!
    Evilduckqueen and nicholas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post

I could be wrong, but the monorail has had less than a handful of incidents since it was introduced, however, I agree with what you said about impact resistance, and you would think they would've by now built a more resilient train or at the minimum, the front cabs.

It doesn't seem Disney exercised prudence giving this mother a hard time when Disney knew in the first hours that there was some negligence involved. You would also think this futuristic vehicle with things like MAPO would've by now included night vision cameras on both ends, which are comparatively inexpensive and would give a driver going "backwards", especially after a rail switch, vision to see and I'm surprised that this wasn't in place prior to the tragedy. I don't know if this has been added but if not, I would think Disney is remiss. I think they should've resolved this more quickly and spared the mom unnecessary grief.

What also is interesting, one of the videos from that night's tragedy at the TTC a CM demanded a visitor to turn off his camera, well, I take exception to this because that visitor had every right to film just as if it had been a news reporter, while it doesn't seem that the video provided significant evidence in this instance, I think the CM was in a grey area given the circumstances.

The death on the Primeval Whirl, wasn't that an employee, and I could be wrong but if I'm thinking about the same incident, Disney had already received violations prior to this incident.

I'm a bit hesitant to go back to Animal Kingdom after the outbreaks experienced by visitors, I'm not sure if they have this under control.

I've also noticed a few times that my son and I have gotten ash in our eyes from firework debris, I guess I guess its the local we've been when watching.

I tell you a liability is at that stupid roller coaster at Legoland, somebody needs to shut that thing down, I'm surprised somebody hasn't sued them, I love roller coasters, but that thing is unacceptable.
    After reading all the reports from start to finish all I can believe is the young man would be alive today if CMs were where they were supposed to be and with the proper equipment. I'm not sure of all the stuff you speak of at AK, the Tree is obviously a big problem, nets still there. I know someone passed because of ADA not close bye, if I remember correctly. 2 dead on Primeval, that thing is just cursed. AK isn't my favorite park. I use the extra time from short visits to AK and DHS (love Sunset Blvd.) I hit a couple things and leave and use extra time to visit both Universal parks. Kali just came out of rehab, most tubes still pooling water, mildew stained still, good chunk of the broken elements still broken after rehab. I'm not thrilled with what they did to the Safari to make way for the $200 trek tour. I've never been to Legoland in FL.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post

GROSS!!!

My peeps have a Neopolitan Mastiff of a horse dog, slinging, slurping, saliva everywhere, I swear, Its like dodging bullets when he shakes his head and you don't know where those disgusting ROPES of saliva are going.

eeew gross!
    I kinda like Mastiff's. Though I've run across a few mean ones. My lab loves the female Bull Mastiff down the road she is 100# of happy dog.

It is so Honk'n cold here! Brrrr. 13 now wind chill -1 and falling should hit zero or below and who the heck knows what the wind chill will be.

Bet the dog walk tomorrow will be bad.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

I would like to add a comment to the monorail discussion, about the filming. In order to film anything in regards to any type of attraction breakdown and or refurb, you must possess a press pass. Also.....seriously it is straight disrespectful to those injured to tape a horrible scene like that
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......