Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 48 of 544 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe After reading all the reports from start to finish all I can believe is the young man would be alive today if CMs were where they ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    After reading all the reports from start to finish all I can believe is the young man would be alive today if CMs were where they were supposed to be and with the proper equipment. I'm not sure of all the stuff you speak of at AK, the Tree is obviously a big problem, nets still there. I know someone passed because of ADA not close bye, if I remember correctly. 2 dead on Primeval, that thing is just cursed. AK isn't my favorite park. I use the extra time from short visits to AK and DHS (love Sunset Blvd.) I hit a couple things and leave and use extra time to visit both Universal parks. Kali just came out of rehab, most tubes still pooling water, mildew stained still, good chunk of the broken elements still broken after rehab. I'm not thrilled with what they did to the Safari to make way for the $200 trek tour. I've never been to Legoland in FL.

I like some of the rides at DHS but it does seem the wait times are longer or I just don't plan well, but then again, I really don't like to spend to much time there and prefer to get in and out and concentrate on a few rides and then move on to a different park, so partially my fault for not being able to take advantage fully of the FP system. I still haven't rode Tower of Terror, need to do that next time we go.

I still love Soarin, yeah it could use an upgrade, but I love it. We waited 90 minutes last time because no FP and the last few times we wen't we didn't want to wait but decided to invest the time.

There dog is very friendly, not mean at all, of course I pity the person that would enter there home with mal-inentions.

Legoland is great if you have young children into Legos or if you just want to see it one time. I have passes, but I must say, I'm not grooving on Legoland, It's not Disney, and they really don't know how to hide things that the public shouldn't see. And there deducting money from my son's mom's account monthly but won't issue our passes, as far as I'm concerned they've consumated the contract. I would take over the contract as they offered, but its the principal of the matter, I pay for passes to WDW and Bush Gardens, Seaworld, she wanted to buy LegoLand for him so I don't understand what there problem is. Think I will call them tomorrow and see how they react to my contention that both parties have accepted the terms of the contract by the continued withdrawal of funds.

i-neighborhood Guest

It is so Honk'n cold here! Brrrr. 13 now wind chill -1 and falling should hit zero or below and who the heck knows what the wind chill will be.

Bet the dog walk tomorrow will be bad.
    We're warming up again, uggghh

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post

I still haven't rode Tower of Terror, need to do that next time we go.

I still love Soarin, yeah it could use an upgrade, but I love it. We waited 90 minutes last time because no FP and the last few times we wen't we didn't want to wait but decided to invest the time.
    Wow! How can you have not been on ToT. Soarin needs to have the film screen cleaned up. I do like it though.
    There dog is very friendly, not mean at all, of course I pity the person that would enter there home with mal-inentions.
    My heart, my ole golden that I thought would lick an intruder, thought I was one when I was actually playing with my kid, blanet over head. Thought he was going to attack, when he found out it was me I could tell he was p*ssed at me.

Legoland is great if you have young children into Legos or if you just want to see it one time. I have passes, but I must say, I'm not grooving on Legoland, It's not Disney, and they really don't know how to hide things that the public shouldn't see. And there deducting money from my son's mom's account monthly but won't issue our passes, as far as I'm concerned they've consumated the contract. I would take over the contract as they offered, but its the principal of the matter, I pay for passes to WDW and Bush Gardens, Seaworld, she wanted to buy LegoLand for him so I don't understand what there problem is. Think I will call them tomorrow and see how they react to my contention that both parties have accepted the terms of the contract by the continued withdrawal of funds.
    My DD is still a lego nut. Disappointed that it wasnt around when she was younger. Our Legoland here too. Yeah that is something they need to fix, they wont last with practices like that.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I would like to add a comment to the monorail discussion, about the filming. In order to film anything in regards to any type of attraction breakdown and or refurb, you must possess a press pass. Also.....seriously it is straight disrespectful to those injured to tape a horrible scene like that
    See I don't look at it as disrespect, I look at it as documenting an accident something that doesn't favor Disney so they disapprove obviously. I keep a camera in my glove compartment for documentation. I was a surveyor for many years, a picture is worth 1000 times more than an accident report. It gave Osha and NTSB a clear picture of what happened prior to fire department ripping the heck out of the scene which was necessary.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

We're warming up again, uggghh
    Think we could both trade for a day or two.
    i-neighborhood and nicholas like this.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I would like to add a comment to the monorail discussion, about the filming. In order to film anything in regards to any type of attraction breakdown and or refurb, you must possess a press pass. Also.....seriously it is straight disrespectful to those injured to tape a horrible scene like that

I agree with you it could be considered or perceived as disrespectful, however, I will have to agree to disagree respectfully since this was in open view and the press films things that are sensitive everyday, so I think in this instance it served to document the event and the fact that it was in open view in a public area and documentation of an accident, which would be no different if it occurred on the road. But again, I do understand how this could be considered insensitive or even rise to a level of insensitivity. I hesitate to mention this, because the nature of the events and horror are different, but on 9/11 news cameras continued to film person after person jumping from the twin towers to their deaths, and I'll note no helicopter even tried to let down a rope or something. In any event, a bad example perhaps, but I think we live in a world where the balance of information teters, and unfortunately, at least in my opinion, this is news and served the interest of the public. I certainly mean no disrespect to the horror of the event or to Mr. Wenneberg.

I will also add that it is reported that the monorail was moved after the crash prior to emergency personnel arriving, while I haven't read the official reports, this may or may not should've happened, and a video record of this or the crash itself would've been of greater benefit to officials

i-neighborhood Guest

See I don't look at it as disrespect, I look at it as documenting an accident something that doesn't favor Disney so they disapprove obviously. I keep a camera in my glove compartment for documentation. I was a surveyor for many years, a picture is worth 1000 times more than an accident report. It gave Osha and NTSB a clear picture of what happened prior to fire department ripping the heck out of the scene which was necessary.

This recently came out in light of the Meteor striking in Russia. The question came up how so many different angles of this event surfaced that early morning and it was discovered that many citizens have rigged there cars with video cams (much like police do here in the U.S.) in order to document their driving in case of an accident, because since Russia is now in a capital system, the insurance companies were becoming impossible to collect from post accident without any proof. Apparently the insurance companies were so bad in refusing to pay claims that citizens have taken to protect themselves to help ensure they can document they were not at fault in the event of an accident.

i-neighborhood Guest

Think we could both trade for a day or two.
    Ya, I could trade for a day or two, but while I complain about not getting enough cold days, your weather is reallllllllly cold.

i-neighborhood Guest

I can see your dog being upset, lol, he thought he was gonna get some action and eat a bad guy.

i-neighborhood Guest

Going downstairs for a break.
    nicholas likes this.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Wearing a Mickey watch at work. it makes the day better.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

OK, we are almost off. I don't know if this will be my last post or not, but anyway I love you guys!

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Happy Sailings!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

I have never been a card person. I don't enjoy receiving and I don't send, only a few at Christmas, maybe.

When my kids were smaller I'd put the money I would have spent on a kids birthday party card towards upping the present.

Weddings I generally give cash, so their I buy cards, otherwise gift tags. I don't do bows on most presents either, I had two nieces that were married this past year and I tied nice quality silk roses instead. I use small Christmas ornaments for packages. Matchbox cars on little boy presents, etc. I'm not big on spending money on throw aways, yet I buy real nice gifts.
    I've kept all my engagement, bridal shower, wedding, and milestone birthday cards. Plus the Christmas cards I have received from my Disney friends.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Ya, I could trade for a day or two, but while I complain about not getting enough cold days, your weather is reallllllllly cold.
    Well the good news is the weatherman just said the 12" of snow should miss us and we should only get around 5" tomorrow night.