Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 66 of 540 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Like Tree4887Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by i-neighborhood okay, I knew I should've checked the abbreviation list. MCO isn't really a Disney abbreviation, it is the International code for Orlando airport, like Chicago is ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    okay, I knew I should've checked the abbreviation list.

MCO isn't really a Disney abbreviation, it is the International code for Orlando airport, like Chicago is ORD.

Rachael posts here with us! Just not now 'cause she is in Disney and we are not.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

How cool would this be above the Haunted Mansion!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

I know right. I took that pic this afternoon and now I have it as my background on my phone (along with some cool haunted mansion sounds to play on demand) Its weird because the moon had a similar cloud cover last night and I snapped a few pics of it too. Foolish mortals bwwaahahahahaha

Oz trailers are grabbing me as little as Alice in Wonderland remake movie did. Hope I'm wrong. Hard to improve on classics.

I never tire of the Haunted Mansion.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oz trailers are grabbing me as little as Alice in Wonderland remake movie did. Hope I'm wrong. Hard to improve on classics.

You're right about improving on classics. Will they bring something fantastic to serve in its own right or will it fall short.

Even 2nd and 3rd movies in a series usually fall short of the first, much less a classic.

I just hope the previews aren't the best parts of this movie. If they flub this up the only hope for Obi Wan Kenobi will be George Lucas playing a strong advisory role to WDW for the future Star Wars film.

If Disney doesn't make the next Star Wars a successful hit, they'll be in trouble.

i-neighborhood Guest

I never tire of the Haunted Mansion.

Me neither. I want to do my own Pepper Ghost effect but I have to think of what the effects will be and then get the materials.

I have a couple bloopers of the guy that does the voice and me and my son get a kick out of them.

i-neighborhood Guest

Alice in Wonderland was okay but that's it. It could've been so much more just like some of the attractions, old and new at MK.

i-neighborhood Guest

I don't know if I'm going this weekend to WDW or the following and I think I might want to fit in Epcot and DHS. I dunno yet. I really want to ride Soaring and the "revamped" Test Track in addition to the Rocking Roller Coaster, but all three of those rides may not be possible because they both have long waits and I don't do single rider if my son is with me.

You're right about improving on classics. Will they bring something fantastic to serve in its own right or will it fall short.

Even 2nd and 3rd movies in a series usually fall short of the first, much less a classic.

I just hope the previews aren't the best parts of this movie. If they flub this up the only hope for Obi Wan Kenobi will be George Lucas playing a strong advisory role to WDW for the future Star Wars film.

If Disney doesn't make the next Star Wars a successful hit, they'll be in trouble.
    I am so the last person to add anything to a Star Wars conversation. My only hype about Disney aquiring SW and possible expansion in DHS is that would keep more guests off Sunset Blvd.

I saw a trailer today for Planes, the spin off of Cars, trailer is cute, it was not put up by Disney so it kept coming up on YouTube and Coming down from YouTube all day.

i-neighborhood Guest

I am so the last person to add anything to a Star Wars conversation. My only hype about Disney aquiring SW and possible expansion in DHS is that would keep more guests off Sunset Blvd.

I saw a trailer today for Planes, the spin off of Cars, trailer is cute, it was not put up by Disney so it kept coming up on YouTube and Coming down from YouTube all day.

I can't help but think of the musical "Sunset Boulevard" when I hear Sunset Boulevard. Anyways, that would be great if the keep the Boulevard cleared up for Ms. Desmond. Lol. I guess they have room to expand for more SW. I dunno.

I will be interested to see this new Planes, I hope it is as cute as Cars.

I really enjoyed all of the Toy Story movies and kinda wish they would come up with a new one or something a creative and cute.

Me neither. I want to do my own Pepper Ghost effect but I have to think of what the effects will be and then get the materials.

I have a couple bloopers of the guy that does the voice and me and my son get a kick out of them.
    I considered decorating my powder room in that purplish classic wallpaper and then HM stuff on walls, but have not.
    I saw a picture someone posted long ago and I still toy with it. There is next to nothing Disney in my house, a few salt shakers and my dining plates, each one different. Cat & Hat oven mitts. Pretty much done.

When I was a surveyor my office stuff was all Disney, even my business card holder. My DH has those cheap little attraction wind up toys at work next to his computer. He says it is funny when a client comes in and starts fiddling with them absentmindedly.

I don't know if I'm going this weekend to WDW or the following and I think I might want to fit in Epcot and DHS. I dunno yet. I really want to ride Soaring and the "revamped" Test Track in addition to the Rocking Roller Coaster, but all three of those rides may not be possible because they both have long waits and I don't do single rider if my son is with me.
    Wonder how it will be down there, I know the state of Illinois often goes this weekend because it is a 4 day weekend here for schools. But I'd go before Spring Break starts up. Maybe if you opened Epcot and got your FP's you could get it all in?

I can't help but think of the musical "Sunset Boulevard" when I hear Sunset Boulevard. Anyways, that would be great if the keep the Boulevard cleared up for Ms. Desmond. Lol. I guess they have room to expand for more SW. I dunno.

I will be interested to see this new Planes, I hope it is as cute as Cars.

I really enjoyed all of the Toy Story movies and kinda wish they would come up with a new one or something a creative and cute.
    DHS was built stupid, it was rushed and ill-conceived It is too squishy. Other than taking over the backlot area or dumping out Drew and Idol they would have to push out and replace the employee lot to tap into the land out there, there is a great deal but they sealed it off. Dumb.

i-neighborhood Guest

I considered decorating my powder room in that purplish classic wallpaper and then HM stuff on walls, but have not.
    I saw a picture someone posted long ago and I still toy with it. There is next to nothing Disney in my house, a few salt shakers and my dining plates, each one different. Cat & Hat oven mitts. Pretty much done.

When I was a surveyor my office stuff was all Disney, even my business card holder. My DH has those cheap little attraction wind up toys at work next to his computer. He says it is funny when a client comes in and starts fiddling with them absentmindedly.

The powder room sounds like a cool idea. I'm sure it's amusing for your DH to see his clients playing, I can almost picture it, lol, just hope they don't break them.

I put a couple of my son's WDW licenses from the Speedway and the Jungle Cruise and his Indiana Jones Junior Director Certificate on his bed wall, but no Disney decor other than that.