Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 78 of 544 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 8157
Like Tree4899Likes
General Discussions Discuss Thoughts of Randomness VI in the Community Center forums; OK, back to the drawing board...literally...!...
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Re: Thoughts of Randomness VI

OK, back to the drawing board...literally...!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wooba, busy.

Is our storm of the year, in theory, going your way?
    Has not hit us yet. I hope it hits tonight so I can have a snow day tomorrow

Target
    Oh my gosh I want... I know where I am stopping after school today

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Too funny...!
    My first thought went to hash browns and corned beef hash!
    But yes, secondly it went where you did...!
    Yes we came in at the end of an interesting generation.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

US has the largest population of dogs. Surprisingly, France is second.

Basset Hounds cannot swim.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I really like that One Man's Dream over at DHS, it's ashamed he couldn't have lived longer. I'm curious what the parks would look like today if he were alive. I can't help but think it would be different than what we are seeing.
    A looooong time back (and under my old user name, I think) I started a thread on that very subject.
    Can't help but always wonder how different it would, most likely, be if Walt woulda' lived another 20-30 years...
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Good grief! Lunch went vrooooooommm...!
    Laterrrrrrr...!!!
    ~ you know who

i-neighborhood Guest

I was called into the Principal's office for calling the District. Well, just like I thought, she soo doesn't want me to call the District. Anyways, so now she's gonna take away the the extra words lists the teacher is giving because its not part of the District's policy, even though the teacher was following the District's policy and teaching it in an accumulative approach. My concern was the two years PRIOR and the fact that our FCAT test was now suddenly going to count spelling when we were told the past two years spelling wasn't taught. Apparently they misspoke and should've said we teach spelling differently now. Even so, thats great, but what's the harm in giving some extra words. So now the Principal is taking action and having what I thought was a better effort eliminated immediately. Looks like I didn't accomplish anything and actually went backwards.

I mean really.

i-neighborhood Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i-neighborhood View Post
    I was called into the Principal's office for calling the District. Well, just like I thought, she soo doesn't want me to call the District. Anyways, so now she's gonna take away the the extra words lists the teacher is giving because its not part of the District's policy, even though the teacher was following the District's policy and teaching it in an accumulative approach. My concern was the two years PRIOR and the fact that our FCAT test was now suddenly going to count spelling when we were told the past two years spelling wasn't taught. Apparently they misspoke and should've said we teach spelling differently now. Even so, thats great, but what's the harm in giving some extra words. So now the Principal is taking action and having what I thought was a better effort eliminated immediately. Looks like I didn't accomplish anything and actually went backwards.

I mean really.

I forgot to mention I utterly despise politicians and/or bureaucrats and their contrived way of trying to convince you the sky isn't blue its purple and purples is a better color.

Sorry been there. Organize your thoughts for a few days. Write a non emotional letter back to the principal outlining your concerns and the flip flopping of the curriculum and lack of consistency is not helping students mastering spelling and likely this approach will come to light in the overall test scores of the student body.

Then carbon copy that letter to who ever you spoke to at district along with the District Superintendent or who ever the grand poobah is at district. Wait for reaction. If there isn't one or it us unsatisfactory send the letter onto the Board of Education, send it to all of them individually. You are always best to have a paper trail or they can take verbal liberties with recapping you.

For me I became so frustrated I ran for school board cause I had had enough of stupid.

And Hugo Chavez dead. Amen.

Sometimes the bad die young. 58 and none too soon. I smile as I think of the red hot poker he should be receiving about now.

i-neighborhood Guest

Sorry been there. Organize your thoughts for a few days. Write a non emotional letter back to the principal outlining your concerns and the flip flopping of the curriculum and lack of consistency is not helping students mastering spelling and likely this approach will come to light in the overall test scores of the student body.

Then carbon copy that letter to who ever you spoke to at district along with the District Superintendent or who ever the grand poobah is at district. Wait for reaction. If there isn't one or it us unsatisfactory send the letter onto the Board of Education, send it to all of them individually. You are always best to have a paper trail or they can take verbal liberties with recapping you.

For me I became so frustrated I ran for school board cause I had had enough of stupid.
    That's what I've been doing a series of emails end of last week, then I contacted the District, and then I followed up our meeting today with an email asking the extra efforts teachers provide not be banned and then recommunicated my objections to the AP after school so they know I take exception to that.

If they ban the teachers as a result of my email and I will know in the next two weeks, then I will forward my previous emails, in addition to writing a new one to the Grand Poobah, , as you suggested. In addition, I took my dad with me to the meeting today since his mom was tied up on a project, so their could be no misunderstanding.

I would run for the school board but I would pull my hairs out because I hate politics.

Illinois

Sever weather drill planned for all 102 counties in the state to test communication equipment in conjunction with Illinois Severe Weather Preparedness Week is cancelled due to Sever Weather.

i-neighborhood Guest

Illinois

Sever weather drill planned for all 102 counties in the state to test communication equipment in conjunction with Illinois Severe Weather Preparedness Week is cancelled due to Sever Weather.
    Um did they not know to schedule this before any possibility severe weather could interfere with planning for severe weather.