Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the Community Center forums; If anyone else has read the book, feel free to jump in and join the discussion! I'd also like to hear your theories on Book 7!...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    If anyone else has read the book, feel free to jump in and join the discussion! I'd also like to hear your theories on Book 7!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    SOPILER WARNING

I read this book in three days. I have to say I love it. I might be one of the few people that will say that Snape did not kill the headmaster, but put him into a deep sleep. Snape did not have to say "Avade Kedavra" out lound, but he did anyways. He could of used another spell with his mind at the same time saying "Avade Kedavra" Also I think that Lord Voldemort might have a new wand in the 7th book. Why else would you kidnap a wandmaker.

Good point with the wands...could force Harry and Lord Voldything to duel, because we know they can't with the current wands thanks to Priori Incantatem.

I think Dumbledore is dead. Yes, there are nonverbal spells, but you can;t say one spell and think another. Besides, no other spell has been described with the bolt of green light, and Snape (I now refuse to call him Professor Snape) defininely had green light come out of his wand.

Do I think Dumbledore will return to speak to Harry in some way? Yes, and I think Sirius will too. I'll leave it up to JKR to figure out what that way is, though...
    -Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Wonder what will happen to Hogwarts? Will it reopen? I think so - but will Harry finish? I also think so...he'll have all summer (plus extra time) to go to Godric's Hollow, Phlegm and Bill's wedding, etc.
    I think Harry will finish but not after he finishs his mission. So I think Ginny and Harry will leave at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    I really hope he can get together with Ginny after he defeats Lord Voldemort, which I am confident that he will.
    In his 17 year life, the only time he was truly happy was when Ginny was his girlfriend. So I'm hoping that they get together again. I don't think Ginny will give up on Harry. The only thing I don't understand is why Ginny and not Hermione. It always seemed to me that Hermione and Harry cared more for each other than they should.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I just finished it last night (Thursday night).
    SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!

OK- I honestly believed Dumbledore trusted Snape. I can't help but feeling that Snape did as he was told. I think that was the only way to save Draco, who I too now feel a little sorry for. (Harry does, why can't I?). I also enjoyed the book more than any more so far. Maybe it's because of all of the romance in this book. which i totally loved!
    Does anyone know the rules when it comes to wizards in their portraits? If Dumbledore is already in his headmaster frame... why can't he still talk to Harry as if he were alive? I also believe there was a reason Dumbledore didn't want anyone (including Mcgonagal) to not know where they were going. Too many questions left unanswered! I really hope he doesn't really leave Ginny! I was so happy they finally got together!
    *sigh* I'll just have to wait another 2 years now to find out how it ends!

Speaking of wands... I was surprised we didn't see more from Neville this year. I actually thought since he got a new wand, he would be a better wizard. I just assumed that since he always had his daddy's wand, that's why he had so much trouble (The wand chooses the wizard...)

I also had my suspicions that Snape was the 1/2 blood prince. Who else would be that good at potions? Another reason I think Snape was acting on Dumbledore's orders... why wouldn't he snatch that book as soon as he knew HP had it! He knew it would help Harry against certain things??? The only argument I have against this is as he was leaving, there weren't any other death eaters to see him treating Potter so cruel, so why do it? But - he also wouldn't let any of them kill him. Are the Death eaters really that quick to disobey Voldemort? (about saving harry for him)... just my rambling thoughts... They've been swimming in my head since last night all alone since my friends here haven't finished it yet....
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay all I have to say is Dumbledore is way to trusting. He took Snape in after a lame and I do mean lame apology. What is with the whole I'm sorry I told the Dark Lord about the p rophecy . Come on give me a brake he had to come a little better than that for me.

Now as far as this R.A.B person I think it maybe Siruis brother Reagulaus ( I know I didn't spell it right but your get the picture) Remember he was down with the deatheaters to but for whatever reason they killed him. Now think about it maybe he found out about the locket and went to get it for whatever reason and then the deatheaters found out along with Voldemort of course and they killed him for trying to take it. All well my therory. All in all I finish book on that Sunday after I got which of course was at 12:01 Firday. great book.

Guys keep posting more theroies.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 07-22-2005 at 02:34 PM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

The force must be with me because I was thinking the same exact thing about Regulas (whatever his name is!) They also had an uncle alfred or something like that he could have been named after... I'm totally with you on that theory!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Hey Summer the whole picture thing I think how that works is when the time is right maybe he will start talking to Harry. But if you think about it Dumbledore patronus is the Phoenix so maybe he not so dead after all hMMM. But knowing JK love of killing of fave I doubt if he really is alive. Beside I read many and I do many an interview with her some what hinting to the fact that maybe even Harry may not survie all of this. Lord only knows who she going to off next because she said more people are getting the axe. WOW got love a woman who can just kill like that and get a nice big fat paycheck as well go figure lol

Okay guys anymore theroies on the whole picture thing oh yeah what about that mirror Sirius gave Harry?

Oh yeah on the RAB theroy least us not forget about a locket at Sirius Mansion no one could open. If you forgot what I'm talking about go back and read the Order of the Phoenix every time they visited Sirius at home.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 07-22-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Oh yeah on the RAB theroy least us not forget about a locket at Sirius Mansion no one could open. If you forgot what I'm talking about go back and read the Order of the Phoenix every time they visited Sirius at home.
    SHUT UP!!! I totally forgot about that! I'm going to have to go back & re-read that again!
    By the way... It seems I'm not the only one who thinks Snape was acting on Dumbledore's orders. I've heard others with the same thought process... only they think he was "tricked" into agreement by Draco's mom. It really doesn't matter... We will all have to wait FOREVER to find out!

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    SHUT UP!!! I totally forgot about that! I'm going to have to go back & re-read that again!
    By the way... It seems I'm not the only one who thinks Snape was acting on Dumbledore's orders. I've heard others with the same thought process... only they think he was "tricked" into agreement by Draco's mom. It really doesn't matter... We will all have to wait FOREVER to find out!
    Yeah if I didn't reread book 5 I would of not thought about it. It metion so quickly plus why would you even think about it. Very sneaky of JK.

Yeah I thought that to about Snape.But to say if it came down to killing me to keep a your cover oh no I don't think so. I think Dumbldore was that trusting and forgiving. He always preaching to Harry the powerful magic of love and if you really want to go deeper about the whole love being powerful forgiveness and trust are part of that. Hey there a part in the book when Snape and Dumbledore where at the edge of the Forset and they had some words HMMMM .Oh well this book has some many plots and sub plots and stuff that will keep us guessing unitl book 7.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    In my opinion, Snape was not acting on Dumbledore's orders. I think Snape was truly a double agent, and I think in a way he was truly loyal to each side. In other words, I don't think he made a decision which side to be on, he hedged his bets with both, right up until the Unbreakable Vow. I hate comparing one series to another, but he kind of reminds me of Anakin...right up till Anakin went on his Jedi killing spree, he was on the fence. I think Snape was the same way, and something made him take the Unbreakable Vow. Once he did that, his fate was sealed. Just my personal theory.

The only thing I don't understand is the writer doing a spiterman ending. See page 646-647

why wouldn't he snatch that book as soon as he knew HP had it!
    He did try to...he found out he had it when Harry used Sectusempra on Malfoy. Remember he told Harry to go get all his books, and Harry used Ron's Potions book?

Anyway...is it possible that Snape could have been under the Imperius Curse and forced to make the Unbreakable Vow?
    -Taylor

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sure, anything's possible...but I don't think Snape would be very easy to Imperius. He's so skilled at DADA, it seems that he would have seen it coming and been able to block it. The other question you have to ask then, is who would have done it? Bella was the only one we know for sure didn't trust him, and he definitely would have had his guard up against her. I don't know what made him choose Voldemort, but I definitely think it was a conscious choice. Wonder if he's going to live (or die) to regret it though...I don't get the feeling that Voldemort really thinks all that highly of Snape in the first place, and while Snape might eventually have ended up with the assignment when Malfoy failed, he definitely did not act on Voldemort's direct orders doing it when he did. Wonder if Voldie's going to be after him now for protecting Malfoy?

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I know little bits and pieces of the story.. what ever did happen to that thing's "precious" anyways?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast