Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the Community Center forums; SOPILER WARNING: Before you continue reading, please be aware that there are numerous spoilers in this thread!!!! Well, it's 7:50, and I have just finished reading Harry Potter and the ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

SOPILER WARNING: Before you continue reading, please be aware that there are numerous spoilers in this thread!!!!

Well, it's 7:50, and I have just finished reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince! 30 chapters this time, which is 8 less than Order of the Phoenix, but it is my new favorite book of the series.

The big mystery, of course, was the identity of the Half-Blood Prince (HBP). I ran through everybody: Seamus, James, Dumbledore, even Slughorn...but I would have never guessed the the HBP was none other than this year's DADA teacher, Professor Severus Snape!

I don't know why Dumbledore let Snape take over DADA...seeing how trusting Snape led to the fall of the greatest Headmaster that Hogwarts has ever know, Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

This book has the most romance in a HP book...let's run through all the couples: Fleur and Bill, Ron and Lavender, Ron and Hermione, Hermione and McLaggen (?), Ginny and Dean, Ginny and Harry, and Tonks and Lupin. Wow.

All in all, the book was written very well...another masterpiece by JK Rowling!

Now, if only I can figure out who R.A.B. is...

Oh, I hope Snape dies. He deserves it, after he killed Dumbledore.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    You read the whole book already???????????

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    that's hardcore dude.
    Last edited by Tampa; 07-16-2005 at 07:08 PM.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    We have a true fan among us

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I thought I could read fast!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    You read the whole book already???????????

Absolutely! When 12:01 am came, I was the first person to grab a copy! I rushed home, read the book from cover to cover, and clocked in at 7 hours and 32 minutes.

Another note that I should say, I absolutely LOVE Gred and Forge's new shop, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes! They are pure geniouses!

Snape will pay...yes, indeed...I hope he dies, I really do...him and Malfoy alike...

Wonder what will happen to Hogwarts? Will it reopen? I think so - but will Harry finish? I also think so...he'll have all summer (plus extra time) to go to Godric's Hollow, Phlegm and Bill's wedding, etc.

I really hope he can get together with Ginny after he defeats Lord Voldemort, which I am confident that he will.

SNAPE MUST DIE!!!!
    -Taylor

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Snape will pay...yes, indeed...I hope he dies, I really do...him and Malfoy alike...

SNAPE MUST DIE!!!!

lovely children books out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa

lovely children books out there.
    You know, even JKR said that they are not children's books...I beleive she called it "a Dark, epic tale," but I could be wrong. One thing is certain...this is NOT a children's story, and nobody's going to live happily ever after!
    -Taylor

I cannot believe you read the whole book already! At first I thought you meant it was 7:50 PM, but then I saw the time of your post, 9:03 AM and I was

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Absolutely! When 12:01 am came, I was the first person to grab a copy! I rushed home, read the book from cover to cover, and clocked in at 7 hours and 32 minutes.

Another note that I should say, I absolutely LOVE Gred and Forge's new shop, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes! They are pure geniouses!

Wonder what will happen to Hogwarts? Will it reopen? I think so - but will Harry finish? I also think so...he'll have all summer (plus extra time) to go to Godric's Hollow, Phlegm and Bill's wedding, etc.

I really hope he can get together with Ginny after he defeats Lord Voldemort, which I am confident that he will.

SNAPE MUST DIE!!!!

Wow ! And we thought we were obsessed with DISNEY....
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I cannot believe you read the whole book already! At first I thought you meant it was 7:50 PM, but then I saw the time of your post, 9:03 AM and I was

I'm actually dissappointed with my time...I read Order of the Phoenix in 12 hours and 31 minutes...
    -Taylor

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow Taylor, amazing! And glad you liked the book so much. I'm a bit behind in the series but I'll get there eventually!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I'm a little sad...I'll only get to stay up all night to read a new HP book once more...
    -Taylor

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That is true. Do have any theories on how the series will end?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

I think that Dumbledore will return to speak to Harry in some way, shape, or form...I'll leave that up to the mind of JKR to figure that out!

I think that we will find out who R.A.B. is, and what he did with the Horcrux.

Harry will have to find out what the other Horcruxes are, and destroy them (if R.A.B hasn't done so already, like with Slytherin's locket).

Ultimately, I think the Second War will end with a huge battle of Order/DA members fighting the Death Eaters, who will eventually be joined by Lord Voldemort. Everyone will stop fighting to watch Harry and the Dark Lord duel, in which I think (and hope) that Harry kills Voldy. Then, Harry and Ginny will be free to hook up...Harry has already said that he didn't want to see Ginny any more, because Voldemort uses people who are close to his target (ie, they become the bait, a la Ginny in CoS and Sirius in OotP)

I also think that Harry will be the one that kills Snape - he put Harry through so many abuses during his time at Hogwarts, and killed the man that Harry looked up to more than anyone. (of course, we'll probably find out halfway through Book 7 that he was under the Imperious Curse...)

Ron and Hermione's romance will probably blossom more in Book 7, as we saw it more clearly than ever in Book 6.

I have many more specualtions, and I'll post them later if you all are interested...trust me, this is not the end of it!
    -Taylor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast