Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss James Doohan Died :( in the Community Center forums; I know I am probaly the only geeky ST fan here.....but I am a HUGE Star Trek Fan, I have seen all the eps over and over (exceot Enterprise) and ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

James Doohan Died :(

I know I am probaly the only geeky ST fan here.....but I am a HUGE Star Trek Fan, I have seen all the eps over and over (exceot Enterprise) and read over 400 books. I am so sad, I had the pleasure of meeting him in the early 90's, he was soooo nice, such a flirt. Had me sit in his lap while he signed my stuff and talked to me, later on during the convention I got to spend more time with him. He will be sorely missed

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...PLE-DOOHAN.xml

Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Your not the only star trek fan, it is a sad day to hear that he died.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    That is very sad .

Cool , TREKKIES!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    No Bonny... I, too, am a Trekker (Wow, Lou.. you really ARE a geek - Star Wars, Star Trek, Disney... did you spend your entire childhood in your parents basement?

Well, he gave us all he could, Captain, but has been beamed up to the big Bridge in the Sky. He will be missed.

(Lou making transporter sound, gets out his old Mego playset and... umm... gotta go)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    oh how sad...
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Beam me up scotty!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Okay..l I have no clue who this guy is... I have never seen Star Trek... but still in all it's a sad day when anyone passes away...

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I grew up with the original Star Trek and was saddened when "Bones" died in 1999 and now "Scotty" is gone. It's always a sad day when someone dies especially when it's a personality you can associate with from your youth.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Scotty was one of my favorites, especially in the movies. James Doohan made a second-string character one of the most memorable parts of Star Trek.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Scotty is who I usually envision when I here the word "engineer". I enjoy watching the Original Series and the movies. One of my favorite scenes involving Scotty (I forget the movie) is where he is talking to Captian Kirk over the intercom "Captian, I know this ship like the back of my hand!" He immedately runs into an over head beam and knocks himself out. His working of miracles captures what real life engineers at NASA and other agencies do. Pull the impossible out of a hat of improbables.

Over the past few years I have stopped watching the new TV shows due to lack of time. I enjoyed TOS, NG, and Enterprise when I had the time.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Very sad to hear about someone like this passing away. When you grew up watching them on tv, you felt like you knew them somehow.

I saw him at DragonCon a couple of years ago and he did not look well at the time....I am sorry to say that I did not speak to him. Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer was there and I was too busy stalking him!