Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wallfan329
General Discussions Discuss ToonTown, POTCO, and Pixie Hollow Closing in the Community Center forums; Another Disney site down... Quote: Attention, Toons: Toontown Online will be closing on September 19, 2013. From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Toons can log into Toontown and enjoy ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

ToonTown, POTCO, and Pixie Hollow Closing

Another Disney site down...

Quote:
    Attention, Toons:
    Toontown Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.
    From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Toons can log into Toontown and enjoy full unlimited access for free!
    Here's what you need to know:
    Toontown Online Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Toons now play as Members for free until Toontown Online's closing date.
    As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Toontown Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
    If you do not currently have a Toontown Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
    Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Shticker Book until Toontown closes on September 19, 2013.
    If you have questions regarding your billing or Toontown Membership, please contact us.
    For additional information and details, please visit the Toontown Closing FAQs.
    Be sure to keep checking up-Toon-the-minute news on all the Toontastic activities and kooky celebrations coming your way during Toontown's final month here in Toon HQ!

The only virtual world they are keeping the magic alive in is Club Penguin. Which in my opinion, is for mostly kids under the age of 10. This is very upsetting and I am very displeased with the decision Disney has made. Now, instead of ruining thousands of kids dreams by shutting down VMK 5 years ago. They are now shutting down 3 virtual worlds all in the same day and are ruining millions of kids dreams. I know if it were up to Walt Disney, he would of came up with another way and/or invested into the game some more to make it thrive. Was just wondering what your guys opinion is on this and what you think they should of done..

Disney no longer promotes the other three Virtual Worlds pictured above. The only virtual world they are promoting is Club Penguin, seen below:

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

Re: ToonTown, POTCO, and Pixie Hollow Closing

of all those, I have only heard of club penguin
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Funny, my sister played PH in 2010, and she got an email saying it was going to close, but it hasn't until now.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am sad that Toontown is closing... My brother and I use to play it all the time when we were younger.
    nicholas likes this.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I am sad that Toontown is closing... My brother and I use to play it all the time when we were younger.
    I hadn't played for a few months now, so in a way this is good because it has me playing it again.