Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss A Disney Souvenir has FINALLY arrived!!! in the Community Center forums; At 5:19 am... Sunday July 24th my cousin and his wife finally received their most precious Disney Souvenir!!! Madisyn Grace was born all 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches of her!! ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

Picture of the Baby

At 5:19 am... Sunday July 24th my cousin and his wife finally received their most precious Disney Souvenir!!! Madisyn Grace was born all 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches of her!! She is beautiful...

Madisyn was conceived last year during a family Disney trip!!! Thank goodness for seperate rooms!!! I will post a pic of her as soon as I get one!!!
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 07-28-2005 at 04:06 PM.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Congratulations to our newest Aunt! We can't wait for the pics of the newest princess!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    LOL! Maybe you guys can be on a Disney commercial!
    They call me "Nana"

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Congrats Lori! I can't wait to see pictures...
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Congratulations!! Looks like it's the week for new Disney babies!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Congratulations! What a delightful story! Every time you see her you'll be reminded of Disney.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    How exciting!

Congratulations "Aunt Lori"
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Here's a pic of Madisyn....
    Last edited by dzney4lyf; 02-28-2007 at 06:40 PM.

update.....

Not sure if anyone remembers this thread or not... but I have some sad news to share about my baby cousin Madi.

Last month Madisyn was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. It's a rare form of cancer that mainly effects childern under the age of 18 months. Madisyn was diagnosed 1 week after her second birthday. She is currently at Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital in NYC. Madisyn was supposed to take her 3rd trip to Disney this month which unfortunately has been cancelled. Please keep Madisyn in your thoughts and prayers. She is my angel.... i pray everyday my sweet girl comes home, healthy and safe.

Here is a link to a website that has been created for Madisyn if you would like to read her story or sign her guestbook.

CaringBridge. Free Websites That Support And Connect Loved Ones During Critical Illness.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Lori, so sorry to hear this news. Madisyn and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Lori, i'm so sorry to hear what little Madisyn is having to go through. I just been reading her story on the website and its obvious what a tough time she is having. Please let her know that she has a new friend in England thinking of her. Normally I spent 2 hours on a platelet donation machine every 28 days, but never really think of where they go or who they help. I was told before my first donation how each time i give, it can help up to 3 adults or 5 children going through chemo, at the time that just seemed to be facts and figures. When i go on Monday for the next session it will be Madisyn I will be thinking of.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Blessings to little Madi!
    My brother was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia two years ago and also has a caringbridge site. There is nothing fair about a child being struck by such a devastating illness. The next years are going to be unbearably hard and unbelievably beautiful. We will keep your family in our prayers.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Prayers and Pixie Dust is coming Madi's way!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    All prayers & pixie dust for Madi's speedy recovery!!!!! And how lucky she is to have such a wonderful family and special & caring " aunt " like you!!!
    As an aside, when I first clicked on this thread I was smilin' my face off while reading some of the posts but I didn't notice the year date until I got to your 2+ yr. post. Then my heart broke. But after visiting her site I feel sooo much better about the very good outlook!!!!! I hope she gets to visit WDW till she's 100+ yrs. old!!! All the best to Madi!!!!!!!
    God bless
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

thank you eveyone for you thoughts and prayers.... the latest on Madi is not such good news... Here is an update from Madi's website written by her mother..

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2007 04:50 PM, CDT
    Hi everyone,
    Well today we met with surgery to go over everything for Madisyn's appointment on Monday. Not very good news. Dr. LaQuaglia showed us Madisyns scan and her aorta is indeed in the center of this huge mass. Also, he is removing her left adrenal gland and lymph nodes where the cancer started and he may have to remove her left kidney. I guess the tumor has done more damage then we were led to believe. He also believes that it may have slightly damaged her right kidney which may cause problems later on. He said this surgery is life threatening through the entire surgery and for a few days after. Which I assume all surgeries are life threatening. He is going to try to remove the entire tumor but is afraid where it encases the aorta due to high risk of bleeding since it is a major artery. If he is unable to remove the entire tumor Madisyn will just have to be treated with more rounds of chemo. Unfortunately Madisyn's incision is going to go on the left side of her chest under her arm and curve towards her belly button. She is going to have a chest tube put in because they may have to deflate her lung to get to the entire tumor. She will have an NG tube in her nose, breathing tube in her throat and a catheter. They suspect she will be in the ICU in Cornell (across the street from Sloan) for a couple days before moving her back to the Pediatric unit. She will not be getting an epidural but IV pain meds. They suspect that she will sleep for at least 2 days after surgery and they will monitor her very closely. They will not remove any tubes until they are sure she is stable, breathing on her own and her lung is completely reflated. I happened to ask what the survival rate is and Dr. LaQuaglia said with this type of aggressive stage IV neuroblastoma survival is about 50%. Not very good odds but we are hoping for the best. I am completely devasted by the news today and everytime I look at Madisyn I break down crying. I don't know how I will ever emotionally prepare myself to see her after surgery on Monday. Thank GOD we will have our family with us!!! This is going to be the hardest week of my entire life!
    Madisyn on the other hand is her happy, cheerful self. She has no idea what is to come. I think that may be a good thing. She hopefully finished her stem cell harvest today. They will let us know tomorrow at 11am if she is done or needs to come back yet again tomorrow. They collected 4.4million cells yesterday but they like at least 7 million. We will head for home once we get the phone call. Look forward to seeing you all. Please, Please keep Madisyn in your prayers! We will get through this!!!!
    Love you all,
    Wendy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast