Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss MJ Update 7-26-05 in the Community Center forums; Here you all go: Hi All, here is this weeks update: We are starting MJ's Occupational Therapy tomorrow (she was evaluated last week) she'll go once a week until school ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

MJ Update 7-26-05

Here you all go:

Hi All, here is this weeks update:

We are starting MJ's Occupational Therapy tomorrow (she was evaluated last week) she'll go once a week until school starts and then twice a week.

We are not starting her in school this year (compulsory age in FL is 6) and will deside about next year based on how she is doing then. I really want to homeschool her if possible.

She is still having seizures, but no more Grand Mals so far. She is beign put on Trileptal this week to control them

She was started on Clonodine for sleep, so far it isn't working very well. It knocks her out, but only for about 3 hours so we are still adjusting it.

They can't get her in for her MRI and EEG until Spetember 30th, UGH! I hate waiting. She'll have to undergo general anesthesia for this one (9th time in 4 years, poor baby) Fortunately they do gas her before they try to put in the IV or anything....

Andrew is almost finished with her initial paperwork for SSI it will take several months before we hear anything, more waiting.

We are a month into the 3 month wait for her new wheelchair, can't wait for it to get here. Her old one is really not suited for her at all.

Things are what they are here....I'm....well, I guess coping is the best word.
    Last edited by MommytoMJM; 07-29-2005 at 04:23 PM.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

As usual we are keeping you all in our prayers and sending lots of PD! I wish that you weren't always being made to play the waiting game!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Bonny-Hope the school thing works out for her, I think it will be a big adjustment but I have seen it help some kids her similar situations. As far as the rest, hold on, and lots of pixie dust from us should help!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Best wishes on everything...it will go well. It will seem like forever, but Sept. 30 and the new chair will be here before you know it, and MJ will be comfy in her journies around the World.

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Do we really need to know about your daughter. Millions of children have medical issues yours is not the first. Thought this was a disney board not a medical updates!!!!
    MelinaR..

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Melina - a lot of the people who post on this board consider this like their second family. I like hearing about MJ, she is a sweet,cute kid. This topic is in General Discussions. You do not have to read them if you don't want to.

Yes, there are a lot of kids out there with medical issues like MJ. It is too bad that they all can't find the love and devotion that this one little girl has....

MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My brother has medical issues including autism BUT i don't publize them
    MelinaR..

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Definatly!!! We need the updates on her condition. She is one of the gang on the board along with her parents.
    I met MJ back in May (and have seen her every other week or so in the parks) and she is the cutest most adorable little girl that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Once you meet her, you also will fall for her. She has the most expressive face that I have ever seen on a person. She sees and meets a CM she lights up like a Christmas tree. She may not be able to communicate using words, but her expressions say more than words can.

Quote Originally Posted by MelinaR.
    Do we really need to know about your daughter. Millions of children have medical issues yours is not the first. Thought this was a disney board not a medical updates!!!!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I don't mind getting updates on MJM; however a suggestion I would like to Bonny is maybe keeping all MJM news to one thread, so that people can easily follow what is going on and not have to search out the prior update to see changes.

Melina has a point that people do not want to read some updates, but Bonny does clearly label her threads, so those who don't want to read them can skip them.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Melina if you don't want to read about MJ you don't have to. Like GA stated this is a General Discussion forum so anything is up for discussion wether you like it or not. If you don't want to read it or here about it that your choice. But to post such a nasty message as that is really uncalled for. All of us here are part of the DWT family and we really care and love this family. So please if you don't care to hear or read anything about this beatuiful child don't read.

MJ is part of our wonderful family here at DWT and we all care and love her and her family. I will be meeting up with her and her parnets this coming October and looking very much foward to spending time with this special family.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Melina....this is a "Disney site", but all of these updates are posted in the Community Center Forum. We all have lives outside of just Disney things and Bonny has made friends with a lot of us and this is her way of keeping us all informed. If you choose not to read them....then don't! Nobody makes you click on a thread, it is purely a choice that you make. I was really shocked and saddened but your cold remarks. If you indeed have a Brother who has medical problems, then I would certainly think that you would be a little more understanding and supportive. Bonny would NEVER intentionally hurt a anybody and I'm sure that her heart is aching over your post. Sometimes things are just better left unsaid....

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I have to agree with the others MELINA...if you dont want to know -then dont read -simple as that. We all know MJ and her wonderful family and care about them enuf to want to read the posts and know how she is doing. I think that if you were a member longer you would understand our views on this. Criticizing someone you don't know and others do is not the way to make friends. I am sure your brother is as wonderful and sweet as MJ is and if you would like to share anything about him in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum (which is open to any subject-not just disney related) we would be glad to support you. Please dont be so quick to say something cruel. People have feelings and I don't think you would like it if we said something mean to you.

Compassion is a great attribute, I'd advise you to get some.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    deleted
    Last edited by MommytoMJM; 07-27-2005 at 04:48 PM.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Bonny, I knew that reading this post when you came home from MJ's therapy today would be the last thing you needed. Please know that the majority of us want to hear about MJ and all that is going on and do not see a problem with the way you have been posting her stories. We are not strictly a Disney site! You have done absolutely nothing wrong by posting these stories in the General Discussion Forum which is just for that...GENERAL DISCUSSION! Please continue to keep us all informed in exactly the manner you have been doing!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Wow!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast