Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Question for parents in the Community Center forums; MJ is 4.5 years old. Everytime I watch shows, hear songs, watch her with characters, etc....I am just so overwhelmed and find myself tearing up at how very, very much ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Question for parents

MJ is 4.5 years old. Everytime I watch shows, hear songs, watch her with characters, etc....I am just so overwhelmed and find myself tearing up at how very, very much I love this little person. Does that ever get less or am I destined to live a life of tears and emotion? Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to burst it is so full of love for her.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

flutter is offline Moderator
    I'm pretty sure you are never going to love your child less.
    I think you are a very caring and emotional individual, and therefore destined to a life of tears and emotions. May you never run out of kleenex

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    My children are a great joy to me as well, even though my oldest girl is 11 I still love to watch her out of the corner of my eye as she sings quietly along with every Disney movie we watch together. I hope your magic never ends!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I have 3 kids, and so far, no, it doesn't lessen. I think I am learning to "deal" with my emotions more, but I still find myself coming apart, sometimes and things that surprise me. The other day, my 8 year old told me, just as we were talking about nature (beautiful things). I asked him what the prettiest thing he had ever seen had been. He said, "You are the prettiest thing ever". Couldn't believe it.

What I will say, is I try to enjoy this now-the wonder in their eyes, etc. Because I know that tomorrow I'll wake up, they will be 16, and looking at me like I am the dumbest person alive.
    Enjoy it, they are so precious!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I still get a wonderful smile as I watch my kids interact with each other and as they are just growing. It is so amazing to see the world through their eyes. It made me tear up when my daughter gave me a note after teaching her last year saying I was her hero. That still gets me because I know those days are going to go away so fast. May the magic never end.

If you are a devoted and loving parent (which I know you are) then the overwhelming feeling of love that you feel for your child will never lessen! Children are such an amazing gift and it is so important that everyone understand and appreciate this fact! For those of us who do, we are rewarded daily with a smile, a hug, a kiss and unconditional love!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Bonny just to let you know even though your children get older and some do kinda of grow away from you as they do you never stop loving them. I agree your love only get deeper and deeper. Your children are a great part of you no matter how you got them wether through birth or adoption.So to answer your question you will be keeping the Kleenex company in business for years to come.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    They do and then they don't. Think of your relationship with your mother now. It is a totally different relationship than the one you had as a child. I am entering into that stage with my children. They no longer NEED me, now they spend time with me because they WANT too, and that is WAY better.
    They call me "Nana"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    A Motherís Love

There is no love, like a motherís love,
    no stronger bond on earth...
    like the precious bond that comes from God,
    to a mother, when she gives birth.

A motherís love is forever strong,
    never changing for all time...
    and when her children need her most,
    a motherís love will shine.

God bless these special mothers,
    God bless them every one...
    for all the tears and heartache,
    and for the special work theyíve done.

When her days on earth are over,
    a motherís love lives on...
    through many generations,
    with Godís blessings on each one.

Be thankful for our mothers,
    for they love with a higher love...
    from the power God has given,
    and the strength from up above.

--Author Unknown

Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 07-28-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

Beautiful poem JC....thanks for sharing!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    JC that was very touching thanks for that.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have no kids of my own. But when I took my niece there for the first time, I thought I was gonna spend my entire day crying......

I don't think we can ever change that when you have so much love for someone! And you know, I don't think I want to!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Everyday my kids will come up with something querky to say or do something that makes me smile . At the end of the day, I lay in bed and think of all the cute things that they have said or done in the past and shed a little tear (but it's a good cry). And I have teenagers now and I don't think it will ever get any easier.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    JC you have me crying and I'm supposed to be getting ready for a test in my training class (I'm sneaking for a few minutes during lunch)
    the poem was beautiful

Bonny - I love my kids more and more each day and that hasnt changed- they are 26 and 20 and they let me know how much they love me too

so it gets better and it never ends

My Mom has been gone for 11 years and I still love her more than ever and I miss her every day of my life

so dont stop loving
    ( and the crying lol)
    i havent