Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss BIG News in the Community Center forums; Before I post my BIG news, I wanted to answer some of your posts from my Peter Pan thread regarding my interview today... Originally Posted by Disneynut57 Will keep you ...
    PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

BIG News

Before I post my BIG news, I wanted to answer some of your posts from my Peter Pan thread regarding my interview today...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57
    Will keep you in prayers this morning hope everything goes ok for you here is some pixie dust to lol
    Thank you Disneynut, all prayers are GREATLY appreciated and helped me out A LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Best of luck this morning PJ!!! I will be keeping my fingers crossed and sending extra pixie dust your way! How cool! An Art Teacher! I like you even more now! What a wonderful way to help kids express their creativity and individuality!! Please keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!
    Thanks Melissa! The helped! And thanks for even more compliments. I'm glad I keep impressing you! I like you even more now too!

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    I am praying for you PJ. I just so happened to be reading it at 9:30.
    Glad you were directed to my post at just the right time, Hillary. Thanks for the prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Hope the interview goes well
    Thanks Dissy! It did!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    What great news! Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
    Melissa, you're the BEST! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Way to go Pumpkin my friend I wish you a lot luck.
    Thanks JEDI for all your luck!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Congrats!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Talking That's Mr. PumpkinJack to you!

So what's the BIG news? If you haven't guessed by now...
    I GOT THE JOB!
    That's right, I am now an Art Teacher at Marie G. Davis Middle School. Go Dolphins! Pretty fast huh?

After my interview, I went by my Mom's work to tell her how it went. After playing phone tag with a man who works downtown at the CMS main office, I faxed over my application (all they had was a referrel from my HS principal and my resume) and was told he'd get back to me. Sure enough, I got a few more phone calls asking for a little more information (references, etc) and was told again I'd hear back from him.

Then, as I was taking my brother to get a late lunch I received yet another phone call offering me the position! After a short while pondering over things, I called him back and gladly accepted the Art Teacher position. Needless to say, I'm quite right about now. Who would've thought? Feel free to pass the GREAT news on to the rest of the DWT Family. AND THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE THOUGHTS, PRAYERS, , FINGERS CROSSED, & GOOD LUCK WISHES!
    Last edited by PumpkinJack81; 07-27-2005 at 11:24 PM.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Congrats!!!
    Thanks Jiminy!
    ~Bobby Jack

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I thought the only art teachers that still existed were at the college level, which why I changed my major to Graphic Design. Anyways congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I thought the only art teachers that still existed were at the college level, which why I changed my major to Graphic Design. Anyways congrats.
    Really? No, there are art teachers from pre-school thru college. I took some graphic design classes during my course of study too. I majored in Studio Art, and took some graphic design classes towards the end. I really enjoyed them. Thanks for the congrats!
    ~Bobby Jack

most school I know of cut there art to save money except for ones near miltery bases. I had no art in school because they cared more about sports than they did art.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    most school I know of cut there art to save money except for ones near miltery bases. I had no art in school because they cared more about sports than they did art.
    That's a shame. I've heard of plenty of schools doing that, but luckily for me I had art all through grade school.
    ~Bobby Jack

Yeah! I thing to say about going to college without High school art, Boy meets brick wall.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    congrats Jack...wtg
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    The "movement" here in Indiana is to get rid of the "extras" that are not "cost effective" in our so-called failing schools, including art, industrial technology, music, family and consumer science, and even PE!!! Oops, I'd better stop and get off my soapbox before I get in trouble.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Congratulations Jack!

Is your degree in Art or Elementary education or both? Where did you go to school?

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Congrats on the new job!!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!

New job

Congrats PJ ! With having 2 children starting Middle School on Monday (7th grade), it makes me feel good that there really are teachers out there with the same enthusiasum for teaching as you seem to have. I gives me hope that my children will have teachers like you.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Way to go PJ my friend

My last year in High School I had four art classes. I wanted to be a Disney animator when I graduated (go figure )but my path in life took me another way. I'm gald to see that you really are excited about art my youngest daugther is the new artist in the family so my dream of becoming a Disney animator might pass on to her.Once again congrats on your new job.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast