Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss March of the Penguins in the Community Center forums; If you haven't seen this, it's a really cute movie! I loved it! There is a little bit of a caution for sensitive children because of some of the baby ...
    Kimpossible is offline C-Ticket Holder

March of the Penguins

If you haven't seen this, it's a really cute movie! I loved it! There is a little bit of a caution for sensitive children because of some of the baby deaths, but I went with a lot of kids there, and they seemed ok. It is a great lesson about how hard these animals must try to have a baby.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I'm been watching all of the trailers, teasers and promos, but I'm still to see the actual thing. I developed a love of the IMAX format (Mainly through their space documentaries, e.g. The Dream Is Alive) and since then, nature documentaries (Out of the water, anyway) have grown on me, and I'm definitely going to see this.

Any chance we can see this refitted for an IMAX release anytime soon?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

I wish they did an IMAX format. However, I believe it has to be shot on a certain size of film for that to happen (worked at an IMAX theater when I was 16 ). This would have been one of the better movies for IMAX because of the absolutely breathtaking scenery. Nonetheless, it was still excellent.
    Now is the time. Now is the best time. Now is the best time of your life. Life is a prize. Live every minute. Open your eyes and watch how you win it. Yesterdays memories may sparkle and gleam. Tomorrow is still but a dream! Remember the past, but live for today. The whole world is watching and your in the parade. There's so much to cheer for, be glad you're here for it's the best time of your life!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I think they can convert a range of standard film sizes to the format, but they just have to knock-off a few minutes or so, like in the IMAX version of Apollo 13.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Have seen the trailers. Hope to see it someday

brad is offline A-Ticket holder
    IMAX has a process called DMR (digital re-mastering) where they take 35mm film, scan in each frame at a super high resolution and then convert it to IMAX format. it used to have a 2 hour limit (like with Apollo 13, where 20 minutes had to be cut out), but i've heard it's beyond that now. both Batman Beginnings and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are currently in IMAX release.

i doubt march of the penguins will warrant the costs involved in converting it, even though it seems to be outperforming a lot of the summer 'blockbusters' here in new york.

Quote Originally Posted by brad
    IMAX has a process called DMR (digital re-mastering) where they take 35mm film, scan in each frame at a super high resolution and then convert it to IMAX format. it used to have a 2 hour limit (like with Apollo 13, where 20 minutes had to be cut out), but i've heard it's beyond that now. both Batman Beginnings and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are currently in IMAX release.

i doubt march of the penguins will warrant the costs involved in converting it, even though it seems to be outperforming a lot of the summer 'blockbusters' here in new york.
    Apparently, it's on its way to being the #2 most profitable documentary landing it right behind Fahrenheit 9/11. I'll tell you what, if they put it in IMAX, I'd definitely go see it again, and I bet it would make a lot more.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I went to see this a few weeks ago when it first hit 1 theatre in the Atlanta area. I am a major penguin fan - I love those little guys (side note, I made Mary Poppins and Bert get out of the picture so I could have one with just the penguins, HA!).

This is one of the best documentaries I have seen. The cinematography is AMAZING! They have some of the best views of the penguins and get some fabulous close ups where you swear you can see the expressions in their eyes.
    As I told my friends, I laughed, I cried, it was amazing!
    It doesn't hurt that Morgan Freeman, one of my favorite actors, does the narration of the story.

Go see it, I highly reccommend it!