Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Discovery cleared to land on Monday in the Community Center forums; The Orbiter has been given a clean bill of health and is scheduled to land at 4:46am EDT at the Cape (Rwy 15). If all goes well, Southwest Florida will ...
    rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder

Discovery cleared to land on Monday

The Orbiter has been given a clean bill of health and is scheduled to land at 4:46am EDT at the Cape (Rwy 15). If all goes well, Southwest Florida will be shaken by a double sonic boom as Discovery flies across the state from the southwest to northeast. The link shows the planned landing ground track for orbit 201. The orbit 202 track has yet to be posted. Undocking from ISS will occur at 3:24am Saturday morning.

And yes, I will be nervous just prior to landing.

http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/crew/landing.html

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Let's hope all goes well..

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    It will be a very nervous time for me as well, rvastro. I can still clearly remember hearing 'Columbia Is Overdue', and turning on the TV to see Columbia's fate.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

I remember that day all too well. I was one the way to the Cape when we got the call that Columbia did not make it. It was very somber as one would expect at KSC. I cannot forget the mood at the Visitor's complex.

Come Monday, I will be watching NASA TV and will be waiting for Eileen Collins to land that wonderful spacecraft. A perfect landing will be the capstone to one of out most successful flights to date. I hope to meet the crew someday.

They will be in my thoughts and prayers, like they have been since liftoff, until they are safely back on the ground and reunited with their families. It truely was amazing being able to watch the repairs be made to the shuttle live on TV the other day! Technology sure is something!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Just a little for the crew!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Landing was canceled for today due to poor weather. Next try..tommorow at 5:07am. Spacecraft should cross the coastline around Ft. Meyers and fly to the northeast. The second attempt will come at 6:43am and the spacecraft will cross into Florida near the Crystal River area, and she will fly just to the north of Disney just prior to landing. The rest of the attempts will be for Space Harbor in New Mexico and Edwards over in California. The New Mexico site was last used in March 1982 for the landing of STS-3.