Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss a confession (WDW vacation related) in the Community Center forums; during our last trip i did something very, very dumb. my wife has endlessly made fun of me for it. so, i figured why not everyone else join in the ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

a confession (WDW vacation related)

during our last trip i did something very, very dumb. my wife has endlessly made fun of me for it. so, i figured why not everyone else join in the fun, and at the same time maybe have similiar stories to share to make me feel better.

the wife and i, pre-baby, would always sleep in and usually never wake before 10 am. so, on our last trip, the opening ceremonies, first in line, so on and so forth were just not going to happen for us. but, there was one thing i did want to use the extra magic hour, early open time for, and that was Animal Kingdom, to get right to the safari, since i had read that as the day goes on the animals are off sleeping, so your best bet is first thing in the morning, or last thing in the evening.

so, we get ready for bed, and i set the alarm clock for 6:30 am, and we are down for the night.

alarm clock goes off, we wake up, dress and are heading out. the first thing that struck us as weird was that it was completely dark out. we go trudging on, get to the lobby, and it is empty. i'm not talking light, i mean ghost town empty. the wife then comments 'that's funny, thought Whispering Canyon would be open by now'.

we head down to the bus stop, and we sit and wait. wife says it's really strange that no one else is there waiting, in the dark, with the lobby completely empty, and maybe we had the wrong time. we were completely stumped, so i came up with the idea to head back to the room and check one of the TV news stations with the time.

so, head back to the room, find a news station........ it's 4:47 am.

apparently, my first day with the new hands and first time with such advanced technology as an alarm clock, and had gotten the alarm right, but had messed up the time. so, when the alarm went off, probably around 3:30 am, the clock said 6:30 am.

we went back to sleep, with the wife taking control of the alarm clock for the rest of the trip. woke up a couple of hours later and made it, but we dragged for the rest of the day from the broken sleep.

we're coming up on 2 years later, and she still has not let me forget it, and has swore that she never well.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    funny story GD...i confess i have done things like that myself so dont feel so bad...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    That's happened so many times to me.
    Izzy

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Okay.. weird.. that happened to me this am!!! Last night I set my alarm clock to wake up at 430 am.. I wanted to be to work for 530 am.. I must have hit the wrong button and set my clock ahead by one hour.. Now keep in mind that I am not so normal so my clock is always set 2 hours and 10 minutes ahead (looks better seeing the time as 640 instead of 430!!) So the alarm went off and I got up took a shower brushed my teeth fixed my hair.... and I realized that it was still pretty dark outside.. I look at the kitchen clock and it said 359am.. I had gotten up at 330 and never knew it beacuse my alarm clock said 640am... So I made it to work for 430am the original time I wanted to get out of bed and now I get to leave in 25 minutes... yippie!!!

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    forgot to mention, Wilderness Lodge is very scary and creepy in the wee hours of the monring.

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I remember a couple years back my mother was visiting me and as I lived in the dorms we got a room at a hotel (conveniently located on campus). We wanted to wake up early the following morning so we can get a head start on all the errands we had to run. The hotel breakfast was from 7am to 10am, so I set the alarm for 6:15. Thatís what I thought! I never bothered to check if the clock had the right time. The following morning, my mom and I get up, shower and get ready. I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 7am so I figured we should head out for breakfast. We walked outside to the breakfast area and see that itís empty with no one around!! I go back to the room, check my cell phone and see that it is not 7am but 6am!!! I learned my lesson that day to never trust a hotel room clock/alarm!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I have to say I have done the same thing. I set my alarm to go off and went to bed about 11:30. It goes off, I wake up, I go to the bathroom and then start to comb my hair and realize how dark it is. I then look at my bathroom clock and it says 12. I thought maybe it had messed up because it has done that before. I then notice it is very dark, but it been dark the other mornings too. I then turn my tv on to CBS that I watch in the mornings and see Letterman on. Finally the light clicks in my head and I look at my alarm clock and it says 12am. After sleeping for 30 minutes I got up thinking I had slept all night. My alarm had reset from the normal 7:10.
    I have also had my alarm clock lose the time and get up 10 minutes early and think that it was the clock that was right and change my bathroom clock, my watch, and the oven clock and then accuse my family members of playing a prank on me. When I got in the car I noticed it was wrong and changed it too. That's when I realized the only clock wrong was my alarm clock and checked a cell phone that had the right time to change my watch back.
    I have also misread my clock for 9 when it was really 7 and think my bathroom clock was wrong again. That time I was smart enought to check my alarm clock and see that it was really 7.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirateís loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    this thread is hilarious!

I'm the type that will keep hitting snooze a good hour and half before it's time to get up.. people love it!

one time in MK at around 1pm, I had my mickey balloon tied to my wrist and I looked up, it was gone. I looked down to my wrist, no string. I pulled out my cell phone to find it's now 4pm! I looked up in the air to see my balloon flying away, and saw nothing. Nothing, but a flying saucer. It seems they jacked my balloon! but if anyone asks, just tell them I popped it.

why it takes aliens 3 hours to steal my balloon I have no idea.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    That explains a lot about you TAMPA....lol.....J/K you know....lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    On our last trip to WDW, we drove 12 hours until we stopped for the night at a small town the other side of Baton Rouge (side note, not sure if it was effected by Katrina but probably was). Anyway, we had crossed the Mississippi so my step-dad says, "It's time to change the watch." No one questioned him and yes, we all changed our watches. So the next morning, the cell phone alarm goes off at 4:30(real time) instead of 5:30 when we "wanted" to get up (who really wants to get up at 5:30). Anyway, we all get ready and go down to the hotel breakfast and the lady at the desk sure looked at up like we were, well, stupid. It was a full hour before breakfast. So we packed up the cars. Step-dad, mom and aunt forgot my niece and nephew's luggage in their room but luckily, I noticed that before we went to find a place open for breakfast.

Now, not many places were open at 5:30 in the morning except for a Waffle House. My aunt makes a wrong turn but instead of finding another exit., she backs-up on the on ramp to make a "u-turn". That sure explained the mean looks and horns honking. Luckily, and surprisingly, we made it to breakfast safely. We then changed our watches to the correct time and didn't change them AT ALL until we were safely on Disney property-just to be sure.

Next time, I'm in charge of the clock/watches!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    My aunt makes a wrong turn but instead of finding another exit., she backs-up on the on ramp to make a "u-turn". That sure explained the mean looks and horns honking.
    I definately don't want to be a passenger in your aunt's car .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I was glad I was in the other car! That whole trip was an "experience." I was real surprised the police officer didn't give her a ticket. I guess he was just too surprised at it.

luciansmommy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    this thread is hilarious!

I'm the type that will keep hitting snooze a good hour and half before it's time to get up.. people love it!

one time in MK at around 1pm, I had my mickey balloon tied to my wrist and I looked up, it was gone. I looked down to my wrist, no string. I pulled out my cell phone to find it's now 4pm! I looked up in the air to see my balloon flying away, and saw nothing. Nothing, but a flying saucer. It seems they jacked my balloon! but if anyone asks, just tell them I popped it.

why it takes aliens 3 hours to steal my balloon I have no idea.

Tampa is operating on plains that are advanced for us! J/K Tampa