Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Ever cried at WDW? in the Community Center forums; OK, so how many of you have actually bawled at WDW? Why? When I enter the gates at Magic Kingdom and go through the tunnel under the train station, step ...
    SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!

Ever cried at WDW?

OK, so how many of you have actually bawled at WDW? Why?

When I enter the gates at Magic Kingdom and go through the tunnel under the train station, step out onto Main Street and see Cinderella Castle.... I burst into tears. No, I don't lie down on the street and assume the fetal position or anything, it just makes me cry. Last visit, I looked at my mother and she was also in tears!

My most recent visit was my first to experience Mickey's Phillharmagic. For some reason, it brought tears to my eyes. I believe it started during Ariel's song, but I'm not sure. I did cry though...

Am I nuts? Tell me some of you have gone through this too!!
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Only on the way home and back to work the next morning.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Do a search in the CM appreciation forum for any of MJ's magical moments and you will see that WDW is pretty much a nonstop bawl fest for me from beginning to end....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yep, I've gotten teary eyed in the Disney Parks. I think the most profound effect on me was my first time walking into DL and seeing the parade. I couldn't believe I was finally in "Walt's Park." And then I heard "....makes no difference you who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you..."
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Came close to tears while gazing upon a certain abandoned attraction, but that's about it really. OK, so that's not true, but I'm wondering what happens on my next visit.
    Last edited by 20K; 08-11-2005 at 03:18 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    yes, but no fault of Disney's

wife and i were having a spat and she caught me in the side of the head with the iron.

my wife loves me, and i have the scars and bruises to prove it.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Yup, I sure have. The first time I took my niece and she looked down mainstreet at the castle and all she could say was "wow". It was a moment.....

And in Disneyland. I went by myself for my first ever trip there, and walked onto Mainstreet while on the phone with my mom and I couldn't help but cry. I was at Disneyland, but I didn't have her with me, I didn't have anyone with me.
    However, it turned into a great day - man, I felt like I ruled that park by the end of the day. Went where I wanted, when I wanted!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I haven't been there yet, but I have a feeling when my 6 year old is taking all of the Magic in... Mom will be bawling her eyes out.

She's had a huge fascination with "BisneyLand" (as she first called it) since 2. So I'm pretty sure it will be emotional *runs off to add tissues to packing list*
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yeah I covered this topic in the Do you cry at movies thread...I have never cried at any of the Disney Movies at the theaters but I definately teared up this May when I was at Disney. My tough guy persona went away and I teared up several times during the trip. I have no idea how the "magic" got to me but it did. I think the magic of the place has a lot to do with it and also for me at least not having the stress of work.(10 Year law enforcement veteran) I love Disney and was very upset having to leave and come back home....I even jokingly told my wife and my friends who came with us that I was going to become a Disney bum. I was going to purchase a 1 day park hopper every day by scrounging for change in the various rides throughout the park that had change in them and live like that the rest of my life....LOL

BellhopMicah is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I cry a lot. LOL. Especially after leaving Tower. I guess it's from the happiness of seeing my 'second home' again.

SecondStar is offline Why is the rum gone?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    yes, but no fault of Disney's

wife and i were having a spat and she caught me in the side of the head with the iron.

my wife loves me, and i have the scars and bruises to prove it.

sounds like you've got a really healthy relationship...
    : Stephanie:

this is what dreams are made of

SO what do you guys think of my Disney bum career idea...I figure the park would have plenty enough change to support me for years to come....LOL

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I only cried the first time I went, and I was five. I cried all the way through the Haunted Mansion b/c I was scared! then when we were pulling out of Fort Wilderness (to leave) I started crying... and then my mom, my sister, my aunt, and my cousin all started crying. I told everyone that when I grew up I was gonna move to Disney World... not to Orlando, or Florida, but to Disney World itself (i.e. the Magic Kingdom).

If we can dream it, we can do it

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupBone
    SO what do you guys think of my Disney bum career idea...I figure the park would have plenty enough change to support me for years to come....LOL
    Good plan, but you'd be stealing from those less fortunate than you since they donate that money to charities when they clean the attractions!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    Good plan, but you'd be stealing from those less fortunate than you since they donate that money to charities when they clean the attractions!
    ......I thought I had the perfect idea too....lol....oh well I guess I have to keep my current job. Even though I am totally joking you have to admit it was a fuuny and good idea....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast