Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Tropical Storm Katrina in the Community Center forums; Originally Posted by MickeyBabe Who all from DWT are in the affected area? So far I have... olmec26 (Taylor) Praline SG1fan The7thAve Just wanting to keep everyone in the loop, ...
    flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBabe
    Who all from DWT are in the affected area?

So far I have...

olmec26 (Taylor)
    Praline
    SG1fan
    The7thAve

Just wanting to keep everyone in the loop, please add names of members we might have missed.

Praying for all of you and your families and really wishing there was more I could do.
    Disneyangel12...my friend Charlotte, her an hubby live in Gulf port area of Mississippi. They are safe as is Praline......I pray their homes are as well

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    Disneyangel12...my friend Charlotte, her an hubby live in Gulf port area of Mississippi. They are safe as is Praline......I pray their homes are as well

Thanks flutter!

So the updated list is....

olmec26 (Taylor) *
    Praline *
    SG1fan *
    The7thAve
    Disneyangel12 *

The * indicates they have checked in and are okay. If anyone hears from others or more news on anyone please keep up updated.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I know that everyone is sending pixie dust and praying for all those affected by this devastating hurricane. But I have to remind you all of what they really need, money and blood.

I do a lot of volunteer work with the American Red Cross Blood Drives in Atlanta. We are actually planning our next drive here at work. Atlanta has a drastic shortage of blood, only 1 days worth. If we had a major emergency, we would be in so much trouble. Now that Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi are in serious trouble, they need that help.
    If you are able to give blood, look for a drive in your area. I know that the Red Cross will be having emergency drives all over the Atlanta area this weekend.
    I will be at WSB tomorrow night, I have volunteered for the telethon.
    I know we are all not made of $$, but imagine how much your time and blood is worth to these people who have lost everything they have.

Much love and peace. I hope that everyone is safe and go hug someone you love!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Be praying for the gas prices. I don't know if they are affecting other states besides the South, but here it is terrible. I watched gas jump 20 cent in two hours. The highest I saw was $3.09 for all kinds of gas. The lines are terrible and they are worried that the Charlotte area will run out of gas.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    Be praying for the gas prices. I don't know if they are affecting other states besides the South, but here it is terrible. I watched gas jump 20 cent in two hours. The highest I saw was $3.09 for all kinds of gas. The lines are terrible and they are worried that the Charlotte area will run out of gas.
    Hey Hillary don't feel bad up here in the NorthEast espically in my state of NJ and NY gas prices have jumped as high as 70 cents. This is going to be bad nationwide.Their saying by Labor day weekend it might be as high as $4.00 for Regular.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Any idea on if these prices will ever come down?

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    Any idea on if these prices will ever come down?
    Probaly not just saw on the internet news not really sure what state it was but there was a picture of some gas station with the price of regular gas at $5.68 now that's just crazy. If it comes to that out here I will ride my bike the 30 miles to work or I just want go to work.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think I am ready to start hearing the feel-good stories that will be coming out of all of this. There are some great things going on. I was impressed that they are opening up the Astrodome to people and maybe another big arena in Beaumont to help house people. I hope they can also figure out a way to help these people get jobs during this time.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    You said you are ready to hear some good stories about what is going on?

Quite a few of our guests here at Shades of Green are cutting their vacations short to go help out with the rescue and relief efforts. . . . These are men and women who don't spend enough time with their families as it is going to help on their own time before returning to their regular posts!! Guest services has turned into an unofficial miniature command post so that these servicemen and women can call who they need to and coordinate things. It is awsome to see the concern these people have for others and it makes me proud to continue to serve in my own way by helping them!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    But I have to remind you all of what they really need, money and blood.

Sorry.. I'm tapped out of cash...just paid off all my credit cards... and due to a bleeding disorder I am unable to donate blood.. But I do have tons of clothes that I was going to send to the Salvation Army.... Do they have a place to send clothing down there instead??

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    That is so awesome Steve!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Sorry.. I'm tapped out of cash...just paid off all my credit cards... and due to a bleeding disorder I am unable to donate blood.. But I do have tons of clothes that I was going to send to the Salvation Army.... Do they have a place to send clothing down there instead??
    Go on http://fema.gov or http://redcross.org

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    thanks for the links

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Both the salvation army and the red cross are taking those types of donations.

I was on the telethon here in Atlanta last night, manning the phones. We had some great calls! Some people here in Atlanta that live paycheck to paycheck want to help and are all offering their homes for people to stay. It is enough to make you cry constantly.
    We had some interesting phone calls too that I just have to share with you, maybe they will make you laugh....
    One guy told me I had the perfect voice for solicitation. I told him that I would take that as a compliment. One guy asked me what I was wearing....I almost hung up on him! The girl 2 down from me was asked if she likes to be spanked?! And we had one lady offer her house if the people didn't mind all her ****roaches!!!
    But the best call was from a little girl named Kennedy who wanted to donate her allowance of 50 cents!!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    But the best call was from a little girl named Kennedy who wanted to donate her allowance of 50 cents!!!!!
    Awwwwww. . . . How sweet!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast