Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
General Discussions Discuss Tropical Storm Katrina in the Community Center forums; Hello, everybody! I'm certainly getting nervous about tomorrow evening. Right now I'm under a Hurricane Warning for this storm!!!! In fact, even though it's only going to be a minimal ...
    buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder

Tropical Storm Katrina

Hello, everybody! I'm certainly getting nervous about tomorrow evening. Right now I'm under a Hurricane Warning for this storm!!!! In fact, even though it's only going to be a minimal Cat. 1 hurricane when it does make landfall late tomorrow night, it's not really the winds that is the major issue this time. The fact of the matter is, it has something in common with last year's Hurricane Frances!!! In both cases, they were slow moving. And, since Katrina is going to be moving so slowly across the state, there are predictions of 4-20 inches of rain coming from this thing!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!

I may not be back on fo a bit, because scattered power outages are also in the offing. In fact, the worst of the matter is that if any of you guys go to the National Hurricane Center's website, and look at the forecast track, you may notice that where I live (Palm Beach County) is basically where it is going to make landfall!!!!

I'm just hoping fo the best!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

boooo hurricanes!

I've already evacuated twice this year for hurricanes. I hate them. HATE. them. how often is that word used on this forum?

stay dry and good luck!!!

If we can dream it, we can do it

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't like these tropical storms/hurricanes at all. I'm away from my family (im in college 6 hours away from home) and my parents live in a major flood zone. Also, my dad works for a utility company, FPL, so everytime a major storm comes in he has to spend the whole storm at work. That means my mother is left by herself at home with my three dogs!!
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    ^^^^sec Football!!! Woot!

If we can dream it, we can do it

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    Hello, everybody! I'm certainly getting nervous about tomorrow evening. Right now I'm under a Hurricane Warning for this storm!!!! In fact, even though it's only going to be a minimal Cat. 1 hurricane when it does make landfall late tomorrow night, it's not really the winds that is the major issue this time. The fact of the matter is, it has something in common with last year's Hurricane Frances!!! In both cases, they were slow moving. And, since Katrina is going to be moving so slowly across the state, there are predictions of 4-20 inches of rain coming from this thing!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!!

I may not be back on fo a bit, because scattered power outages are also in the offing. In fact, the worst of the matter is that if any of you guys go to the National Hurricane Center's website, and look at the forecast track, you may notice that where I live (Palm Beach County) is basically where it is going to make landfall!!!!

I'm just hoping fo the best!!!

you guys have all my prayers - I'm watching the weather site all the time - please keep safe and sound. Keep us posted when and if you can- I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how worried we are about all of you. I remember getting your updates last year- I always felt better hearing you were ok

That goes for all our Florida friends impacted by the storm - Please keep safe and let us know how things are - if ya can

Marie

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Buzz please be safe just keep us posted as soon as thing settle down out there. I second what crashbunny said we are all very worried about our Flordia branch of the DWT family so be very careful.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Slade is in that area too, I think he may be evacuating up here to us, I'll let you all know when we hear. Even here in Orlando we are slated to get 3-5 inches of rain, YIKES!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Just called my mom. My dad is finally at work and she's just getting things off the floor now and away from the windows to be on the safe side. Just hoping she doesn't loose power so I can keep in touch with her. Now there are other systems developing around the islands!!!!!!!
    UF Alumni: '04 BABA, '06 MAB

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I said it in another thread when I first came on these forums:
    If I have to move again because of a hurricane, this time it will be to California!
    We lost almost everything last year. . . .Give me earthquakes and Disneyland anytime.
    Stay dry and hope for the best, South Florida!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    It's cool to watch the trees get beat up in this wind.. it's gusty (not sustained sp?) so hopefully.. I still have a paid day off tomorrow!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Be safe everybody! Prayers and Pixie dust floating down your way.
    They call me "Nana"

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    and how could I forget.. the lovely flicker of thy power...

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    It's cool to watch the trees get beat up in this wind.. it's gusty (not sustained sp?) so hopefully.. I still have a paid day off tomorrow!
    they wouldnt make you come to work during this would they?

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    So far so good, everybody. I'm right in the area where some of the worst rains and heaviest winds are hitting, and I still have power, knock on wood!!! Well, after the next bout of winds, the only thing left to go through is heavy rainfall. It already made landfall about a half an hour to an hour ago in Hollywood. Well, I'll keep you guys posted as much as I can until I lose power, which I still think will happen at some point, since a lot of other residents of Delray Beach, Boca Raton, and Boynton Beach, already have!!!

Thanks again for all of the good wishes, everyone!!!

Once power is restored (if I even lose it) , I'll let you guys know how it went!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Be safe. Have plenty of candles and soft drinks ready

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast