Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss Just back from Chicago in the Community Center forums; Hey all.... wanted to let you guys know how things went for me out in Chicago. It was awesome!!! Couldn't have asked for better weather, better hotel, better anything!! For ...
    JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just back from Chicago

Hey all.... wanted to let you guys know how things went for me out in Chicago. It was awesome!!! Couldn't have asked for better weather, better hotel, better anything!!

For those who don't know, my trip was basically three parts: a day in Chicago at Andy's place, GenCon, and then two more days at Andy's place. First day was Six Flags Great America...all you thrill seekers out there have got to check it out!!! Made our Orlando coasters seem so tame and safe by comparison. We went straight from the airport and stayed till closing...then a three hour nap before the drive to Indianapolis.

GenCon....what can one say about GenCon? Four days long, HUGE RPG lovefest. We stayed at the Omni at the Convention Center, and literally gamed from 8 am till 1 am every day. Won tons of free stuff, plus I bought a couple of things. Did real well on money though, Andy paid for the hotel, rental car, food, and tickets, so I only spent a few hundred including airfare.

After GenCon, we had one museum day, where we did the Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Science and Industry, then a shopping day where I got an amazing dress and boots.

He took me to all kinds of great restaurants and bars all over Chicago and Indy, we went out some on our own and some with his gaming friends, who I really liked a lot and will stay in touch with.

Status of our relationship: Keeps getting better all the time. He's a very private person with a lot of walls, but slowly I'm penetrating his defenses. I see him doing things and telling me things that he normally would not, and I know they're huge changes for him. So slowly but surely we're learning trust. Not sure exactly what the future holds, obviously, but things are moving in a direction that I really like.

I'm incredibly sad to be back in Orlando, but I know that it's the right place to be for now, and I'm letting fate take its course in my life. All in all, things are terrific...now if I could just get over the stupid cold I came home with.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Sounds like you had an awesome time!!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    ooh tell me about the RPG stuff.... love RPG

glad to hear from ya