Your Walt Disney World Information Station
General Discussions Discuss New Teacher in the Community Center forums; Hey fans! I was given the brilliant idea to start a new teacher thread and wanted to create it at the end of my first week. Just a head's up, ...
    PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Thumbs up New Teacher

Hey fans!

I was given the brilliant idea to start a new teacher thread and wanted to create it at the end of my first week. Just a head's up, this won't be long because I'm still at school and want to get home and enjoy my weekend! As well as get plenty of rest because now I'm a sicky head and it's no fun. Jen's feeling a little better, but now I've caught it. Blah...

My first week (if you can call two days that) was pretty good. I'll admit, I expected things to go worse after all the warnings I got from previous teachers and everyone else who wanted to give me "advice" about teaching in the type of school I'm in. For the most part the kids were pretty good and there's only a few that tried my patience. I think a lot of the rowdy behavior had to do with it being the first couple of days back. Plus our school went to uniforms this year, which a lot of the kids are rebellious about. Next week should be good and I'll keep you all posted on the progress of the year.

If I finish my roll of film this weekend, get it developed and get my scanner hooked up I'll be sure to post before and after pics of my classroom. If not, I'll get to it when I get to it. Things are so crazy right now. Please pray that I'll get to feeling better this weekend so I can start next week off right. Hope you all have a GREAT weekend! Talk to you soon...

~PumpkinJack81
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!! Go home, take some vitamin C, drink lots of water and tuck yourself into bed! Get lots of rest!

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    This is not my first year teaching but this is my first year at the school I am now at. I teach in small christian school of about 123 students K3 thru 12th. My class has 16 8th thru 12th grade students in it.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My school gets treated by the community and the press like an unwanted stepchild with some horrible disease. However, we have the lowest crime and drug rate. We also have a wonderful administration that wants us to teach and not deal with discipline problems-that's their job. We also have the highest state test scores in town. Our kids are considered trouble makers by others but I wouldn't trade where I work for anything. The first week or two of school sets the tone for the whole year. It looks like you are off to a great year! Best of luck to you. keep your standards high and the kids will live up to them. (can get off my soapbox now)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    The press = Losers with no actual lives

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Talking Feeling better

Hi gang,

Thanks for all the support you've been giving me. I was able to get a lot of rest this weekend and am feeling much better today. Thank you also for your thoughts and prayers. You guys are the BEST! I don't have a whole lot of time to post right now, but if I get what I need to do during my planning period done I'll be sure to get back on. Have a marvelous Monday!

~PumpkinJack81
    ~Bobby Jack

Thumbs up Answered prayer

Hi gang,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update and share the good news I got today. The following is an email I received this morning:

Bobby,

I wanted to let Jennifer know that we have made a recommendation to CMS Human Resources for her employment at Matthews as a Teacher Assistant. I hope that she will be hearing from someone in HR very soon to officially offer the position.

Sincerely,
    C. Shotts
    Looks like Jen's getting a new job soon! Yay! I had to share the good news with all of you. I don't even know if she's heard yet because she works 9-6 today and I haven't been able to talk to her. I'll let you know her reaction once I hear. Thanks again for all the prayers! I'm so glad she's going to be able to leave her current job. It would be a great place, but the owners are too focused on the $ and not on the kids. More later...

~PumpkinJack81
    ~Bobby Jack